Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
We bought this Sienna with 35,970 miles, haha. I do wish I would've been pickier about the mileage. Toyota did cover 50% of the Hazard Switch Replacement as a good faith gesture, considering the vehicle had never been serviced at a dealership while Hertz owned it. I have little faith they will pull through and offer 50% this time around also, but I don't know.

I don't know about the blindspot warning indicator, as the XLE and SE that we looked at didn't have it from Hertz. In fact the XLE didn't come with nearly the upgrades I might have expected considering the trim.

I'll be curious to hear your experience, and update this forum with how Toyota responds and if/when I get Android Auto. :)
There are a lot to pick from so I went with the lowest mileage and youngest age to maximize the warranty period. Price is more for lower miles. The Blindspot monitoring is like an $800 add on...and is available in a package. I’m not 100% sure you can get it independently but it’s a dealbreaker for me. They had it on my test drive vehicle at Toyota...it’s basically a small light in your side mirrors that shows up if a car is next to you. I rented a car last week that had it and really enjoyed not guessing if it was ok to move over on the highway, in case your eyes don’t see anything.

I started asking Hertz on the phone what was included and if floormats will be there and they were like you have to wait until the van comes in next week, we can’t tell you ahead of time...again, I’m thinking it’s just a test drive which won’t hurt anything! Hope all goes well and glad Toyota met you half way on the other part. Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
We bought this Sienna with 35,970 miles, haha. I do wish I would've been pickier about the mileage. Toyota did cover 50% of the Hazard Switch Replacement as a good faith gesture, considering the vehicle had never been serviced at a dealership while Hertz owned it. I have little faith they will pull through and offer 50% this time around also, but I don't know.

I don't know about the blindspot warning indicator, as the XLE and SE that we looked at didn't have it from Hertz. In fact the XLE didn't come with nearly the upgrades I might have expected considering the trim.

I'll be curious to hear your experience, and update this forum with how Toyota responds and if/when I get Android Auto. :)
Hi! Any update? I finally went to Hertz today for the one I reserved. Couple of observations, the salesman was really nice and the van was clean and ready for me to drive. There were no photos (outside or inside) so I had little details before getting there...sure I could have asked more questions over the phone...but I wasn’t set on buying so didn’t do a bunch of homework first. I had driven a 2019 SE AWD with the preferred package at the dealer a few weeks ago and that one had the sun roof, JBL speakers and blind spot monitoring, all weather mats, etc. for around $37k. The one at Hertz was a plain 2019 SE FWD...and from what I could compare to the other was very basic...no sunroof, a key for the ignition (I haven’t had a car with a key in years) and nothing extra. I asked the salesman and he said the rentals are just the basic, standard features. It said 19k miles when I set up the appointment but actually had 24k...since it stays a rental until you look at it. It was moderately worn inside and definitely used. It was $30.8k. Didn’t end up talking numbers since I want one with more features so not sure how the HERTZ out the door fees compare to Toyota. My thought was with everything you are not getting plus the loss time of warranty...it may not be as good of a deal as I had hoped.

I asked if they ever get the Premium version and he said not in the 6 yrs since he’d work there. Though I’d love to save money...I probably won’t be going back. If the price and van are right and someone doesn’t need anything extra and willing to lose some warranty time, it may make sense.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi! Any update? I finally went to Hertz today for the one I reserved. Couple of observations, the salesman was really nice and the van was clean and ready for me to drive. There were no photos (outside or inside) so I had little details before getting there...sure I could have asked more questions over the phone...but I wasn’t set on buying so didn’t do a bunch of homework first. I had driven a 2019 SE AWD with the preferred package at the dealer a few weeks ago and that one had the sun roof, JBL speakers and blind spot monitoring, all weather mats, etc. for around $37k. The one at Hertz was a plain 2019 SE FWD...and from what I could compare to the other was very basic...no sunroof, a key for the ignition (I haven’t had a car with a key in years) and nothing extra. I asked the salesman and he said the rentals are just the basic, standard features. It said 19k miles when I set up the appointment but actually had 24k...since it stays a rental until you look at it. It was moderately worn inside and definitely used. It was $30.8k. Didn’t end up talking numbers since I want one with more features so not sure how the HERTZ out the door fees compare to Toyota. My thought was with everything you are not getting plus the loss time of warranty...it may not be as good of a deal as I had hoped.

I asked if they ever get the Premium version and he said not in the 6 yrs since he’d work there. Though I’d love to save money...I probably won’t be going back. If the price and van are right and someone doesn’t need anything extra and willing to lose some warranty time, it may make sense.
Can understand how that wouldn't be worth it...we were in the market for a no-frills van that would get the job done. 23K was probably worth it for us to get the LE, though the XLE was something I was interested in with the sunroof etc. But the price difference was 5K...in that case we would've probably had better luck with certified used.

Bad news that the dealer did state our radio wouldn't be covered. I figured as much, as they had said the hazard switch was a one-time courtesy. Oh well. I will be buying a cheapie clock from Amazon until I figure out something else. So ridiculous, but hopefully that's it for us with problems in this car.

I did email Hertz and write a review of the location. It took 49 days for all of my items to be addressed (hazard switch and to replace the windshield). Again we had a great experience the first time around, but I don't think we will be doing this again considering these issues this time. Live and learn, but I'd happily pay a little more to have peace of mind with a factory warranty left.

Good luck on your quest! I will update again if/when I upgrade to Android Auto with a CD player. Take care.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts