Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to part with my 2005 sienna and was wondering if I should take my factory installed luggage racks off and put them on the new L series I plan to buy. My first question is does the L have the reinforced plate under the roof to support these racks.

My second question is on removing the spoiler on the back door because with a canoe on top the spoiler does not give enough room to get in the back door before it hits the canoe. My 2005 didn't have this problem because it had no plastic spoiler attached.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would check with your Toyota dealer. I would be very surprised if the roof rack from a 2005 fit a 2019 due to the major body style changes between the two years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 2019 L. The dealer was supposed to add the roof rack in the purchase price-found out there aren't any slots in the L to install the roof rack. They offered aftermarket with out warranty. Since the toyota rack only holds 150 lbs decided not to have any installed.

·
Banned
2 Posts
y second question is on removing the spoiler on the back door because with a canoe on top the spoiler does not give enough room to get in the back door before it hits the canoe. My 2005 didn't have this problem because it had no plastic spoiler attached.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Stolen from another thread.

========== REMOVAL ==========

1. REMOVE BACK DOOR INTERIOR CENTER GARNISH

2. REMOVE REAR SPOILER SUB-ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the 2 hole plugs.
(b) Remove the 4 bolts.
(c) Using an infrared light, heat the rear spoiler. Heating Temperature, Vehicle Body and Rear Spoiler Cover 40 to 60°C (104 to 140°F)
CAUTION: Do not burn yourself on the hot body panel or with the infrared light.
NOTICE: Do not heat the vehicle body excessively.
(d) While pulling the rear spoiler cover towards the back of the vehicle, disengage the 2 clips and pin while peeling off the three pieces of double-sided tape. Then remove the rear spoiler.
Sounds like a pain. Planning ahead to not open the hatch while the canoe is up there would be way easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts