Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’ve looked through the Forum and seen similar questions posted for older models, but nothing recent and so wondering if anyone knows or has a solution for this.

I’m a new Toyota owner, I’ve previously had a couple Odyssey’s. I’ve already tackled the weird floormat configuration and ordered myself some custom Hexomats. Now my next ‘problem’.

I want to find something cool to do with the space in the second row between the two seats.

I opt’d for the 8-seat XLE but knew I was going to remove that useless middle seat. I need the cup holders. The door cup holders are two small and the cup holders on the back of the Front Console are too far.

In an ideal world there would be a 3rd Party aftermarket console that could clip readily into the base and give higher cup holders and a nice storage area.

Does this exist?

Barring this, any mods?

Anyway. Thanks and um nice to join the club. - Jim

·
Registered
830 Posts
There are 2 cup holders beneath the middle seat on the second row. If you remove the middle seat, you should see them. Mine is a 15MY and should have no difference if you have the 8 seater. As far as storage/console between the 2 seats is concern, I don't think you'll find one that would clip readily onto the base unless you make a custom one. The reason I took out the middle seat on the 2nd row(agree with you here that it is useless) was for easy access to 3rd row seats without sliding the 2nd row forward. I have custom rubber mats that will not allow my 2nd row to move forward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2017 Limited with second row buckets and wanted a center console too. I found a Coleman 28 qt. Extreme Cooler in black to match the carpeting and it works perfectly. It fits snugly between the seats, is a good height with 2 deep cup holders built into the top and offers a huge storage space inside. Easily removable, it supports 250 lbs. and makes a great seat. It is advertised to keep things cold for 3 days in 90* temperatures too. Only $22 online from Walmart. I also added a sticky mat to the top to keep things from sliding off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are 2 cup holders beneath the middle seat on the second row. If you remove the middle seat, you should see them. Mine is a 15MY and should have no difference if you have the 8 seater. As far as storage/console between the 2 seats is concern, I don't think you'll find one that would clip readily onto the base unless you make a custom one. The reason I took out the middle seat on the 2nd row(agree with you here that it is useless) was for easy access to 3rd row seats without sliding the 2nd row forward. I have custom rubber mats that will not allow my 2nd row to move forward.
Once the 2nd row middle seat is removed, a set of cup holders is a stumbling block while walking between to get to the 3rd row. Is it possible to unbolt this so it is flat -- like in the 7 passenger models?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Once the 2nd row middle seat is removed, a set of cup holders is a stumbling block while walking between to get to the 3rd row. Is it possible to unbolt this so it is flat -- like in the 7 passenger models?
No as it is part of the seat frame that makes up the driver side second row seat to hold the middle seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts