Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2020 and the dealer told me that the floor mats had to be ordered. Said siennas dont come with them. I called toyota of america and they were pretty much worthless. Lesson = never buy a car from a dealer unless you have everything you want and need before you finalize and leave. Once you leave the lot, you are a dirt bad in their eyes.

·
Registered
376 Posts
That is correct, the floor mats do not come with the van, it is an option. At least that is how it is on my 2020 Limited as can be seen on the window sticker below.

405ED224-9E16-4E27-B644-C06542E14BD7.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a new 2020 and the dealer told me that the floor mats had to be ordered. Said siennas dont come with them. I called toyota of america and they were pretty much worthless. Lesson = never buy a car from a dealer unless you have everything you want and need before you finalize and leave. Once you leave the lot, you are a dirt bad in their eyes.
This is the first time I've heard of a newly bought car that doesn't come with floor mats. They should have been included with the car for free.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Once you leave the lot, you are a dirt bad in their eyes.
What exactly did they do to you?

I would have expected to be directed to the parts counter when I returned to the dealership so that I could buy floormats.

None of the many new vehicles we have purchased over nearly 50 years came with floor mats as standard equipment. The brands of those new vehicles include Mercedes, Volvo, Honda, Toyota and Lexus. Floor mats were always optional and at extra cost - same as other options and accessories we wanted. My 2014 Sienna Limited did not come with standard floor mats. I specified them and negotiated their price when I special ordered the vehicle and paid for them and the vehicle when I took delivery.

I should be picking up a new Corvette under the Corvette Museum factory delivery program late this year or early next. Does the Corvette come with floormats? No and I don't want the optional carpet mats. I'll be taking a box of Weathertech floor mats as checked luggage on the flight to Louisville and I will install them before the leisurely multiday drive home.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE AWD
65 Posts
Yea I was surprised by this too with my 2021. Apparently this is becoming a more common thing with other brands as well.

I am guessing their big recall in 2009 had something to do with it...

·
Registered
376 Posts
I should be picking up a new Corvette under the Corvette Museum factory delivery program late this year or early next. Does the Corvette come with floormats? No and I don't want the optional carpet mats. I'll be taking a box of Weathertech floor mats as checked luggage on the flight to Louisville and I will install them before the leisurely multiday drive home.
Congrats on the new C8. I did museum delivery for my C7 and it was a blast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts