Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if the dynamic radar cruise works down to zero mph or does it cut off at 35 mph?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I had this in my 2005, it starts beeping at 15mph, completely useless for the 10yrs I had I used it like 3 times, it kills gas milage and nearly red lines the engine to get back to set speed. They could have programmed the system better. May be your 2020 has improved....

And a very very very expensive repair if it is ur fault to repair as the main brain and all the componentry sit in the front bumper and is susceptible to damage even in a small frontal fender bender. It uses ur front windshield to receive the sensor signal so if you are using ur wipers it will error out as it cannot get a clear signal.

Just sharing my experience.....with the older version...

Javvy

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
The adaptive cruise control Javvy had on his 2005 is very different than that on the gen 3 Sienna. The gen 2 like Javvy had used laser which was quite troublesome with the laser sensor especially prone to damage

The gen 3 adaptive cruise control uses radar with its sensor mount high in the grill and much better protected. Adaptive cruise on all gen 3 Sienna (2011-2020) operate down to about 25-28 mph when it automatically disengages. Unlike standard cruise control, the Sienna adaptive cruise control remembers the set speed which allows one to use "resume" when the vehicle again reaches a speed above the minimum.

But it does not work down to zero mph like it does on your 2019 Avalon Limited. The 2021 Sienna is the first Sienna to get "full speed range" cruise control.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank u much, I was afraid of that.... still debating picking up a 2020 Limited Premium or ordering a 2021 platinum

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just came back from a 10 hour road trip this past weekend. Used the radar cruise control most of the way. It does not work below 30mph, but it was flawless in how it operated..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your kind and detailed responses.... radar cruise is awesome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts