Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2020 XLE Premium. when I folded down the third row seats noticed a severe quality problem compared to my 2013 XLE. The back of the seat fold over flap is 3 inches shorter and does not fully cover the gap. I have started contacting the customer satisfaction line and have provided pictures. A serious quality issue. First time I have ever had an issue of this nature with a Toyota product. There is a definite issue and I hope that this is just a bad batch of cars that came off the line. There were others on the dealer's lot that were the same. This is the first model I have looked at since the 2013 model. I wonder if other years were manufactured the same? Looking for feedback.... View attachment 45167 View attachment 45168 View attachment 45169 View attachment 45170

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2020 xle a few months back the third row right hand seat when folded down, overlaps. Poor build. Dealer would not fix. Said they are all like that. I'm shocked!

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Thinking out loud here. When I was trying to unfold the seats to their upright position on the 2018 LE, I noticed that at some point, the flaps would get stuck to the 2nd row if I forgot to fold them down before moving the seat. I never complained about it but I think they may have tried to correct something like that?
The 2006 LE didn't have any flaps but I can't remember too well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a 2020 xle a few months back the third row right hand seat when folded down, overlaps. Poor build. Dealer would not fix. Said they are all like that. I'm shocked!
I have contacted the customer experience line and also took pics and wrote a letter to the VP of sales with pics included. Got a call this week and they are looking into it. The lady had my history of complaints and was going further up the ladder. 5 toyotas, 4 siennas, with a 2013 for my reference was helpful. It you want to join the party, please do so.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am kind of confused, what exactly is the serious quality problem? Is it just cosmetic? If you purchased a rear floor mat wouldn’t it cover it all up?

If you stop by your dealer you can compare yours to others on the lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am kind of confused, what exactly is the serious quality problem? Is it just cosmetic? If you purchased a rear floor mat wouldn’t it cover it all up?

If you stop by your dealer you can compare yours to others on the lot.
I did just that. They all seem to have this "design" feature. It is a flaw not a feature. My 2013 does not have this issue. Why would I want to buy a mat when Toyota created the problem? Someone decided to cut a corner here and it should be fixed by Toyota.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's hard to see but the right hand seat overlaps the left hand seat when recessed. Terrible build quality. If they are letting this through, should we worry about things we can't see? I bought Toyota because of the build quality.
IMG_20200212_162228.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is. Do you have the gap I wrote about as well? Toyota has stated that was a design change and there is no repair as it is not a "defect". I contacted the customer experience line and even sent a letter to the VP of sales. They contacted me and got the same answer. If more 2020 owners write in and complain maybe they might do something. If you want to write him, I will be happy to share his address.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts