Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts
It all looks pretty flush. Did you have to use spacers at all?

You guys are going to make me go all in on 20's after seeing all these pictures.
No spacer needed when you run the correct offset. That would as far as I would go though with stock suspension. Super close to the inside of the sliding doors with hitting the door panels.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts
Trying to stick to XSE OE sizes, so I've purchased the OEM tire size of 235/50R20. All the 20" aftermarket rims are 8.5 inches. Do you think the tires will be too stretched?

What would the ideal offset range be for a 8.5 width wheel?
You are very limited on tire choices and the pricing are much higher. Stay away from garbage GoodYears. Anyway 235 are ok on a 8.5” wide rim. That’s on the high end. As far as offset, anywhere between +28 to +38 on a 8.5” should have no issue.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts
Trying to stick to XSE OE sizes, so I've purchased the OEM tire size of 235/50R20. All the 20" aftermarket rims are 8.5 inches. Do you think the tires will be too stretched?

What would the ideal offset range be for a 8.5 width wheel?
You are very limited on tire choices and the pricing are much higher. Stay away from garbage GoodYears. Anyway 235 are ok on a 8.5” wide rim. That’s on the high end. As far as offset, anywhere between +28 to +
Appreciate it. Costco carries the Michelin Primacy which it lists as the OEM tire. Just looking for wheels now. Trying to figure out if its worth it to go from cast wheels for $1k but weigh 36lbs, or go for rotary forged wheels for $2100 and weigh 27lbs, or at this point just go for fully forged wheels for about $2800 that will probably clock in at 20 lbs or less.

How are your Rays manufactured, and do you know how much they weigh?

Im really liking these wheels right now Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person but one thing that's really bugging me is they only have a 5 year structural warranty, and it has a disclaimer about not covering damage from potholes. Which probably means they never have to approve any kind of wheel warranty claims.
The link didn’t go through. What is the brand and model of the wheel? You didn’t have spend $2G on semi forged wheels. There are plenty to choose from depends on the design. I tend to stick with Japan made wheels for their quality. Rays Engineering is a well known wheel manufacturer. My wheels weight around 27lbs. With tires, they are not any heavier than the stock ones that I replaced. Another good website to purchase wheels are tirerack and fitment industries. Check them out!

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts
I guess you would need hub rings for those wheels. Are you using aluminum or rubber one? Never had to use those so not sure about rims that need to use it like are they safe and how to check if they no longer good.
Metal one because they last longer. All aftermarket wheels will require hub rings for your vehicle for proper fitment. Put it on the hub and also the wheel itself to see if they are loose. Check for crack and such each time when the wheels are off the car.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts
Well. Looks like I'm going off the deep end. Since I do plan on keeping this van for 10+years, I figure I'd invest in some really strong wheels so I'll be getting a set of fully forged wheels from BC Forged. Total overkill for a Van, but I rather the wheel bend(forged wheels) than crack(cast/rotary forged) when it comes to meeting potholes.

Load rating on the wheel is 2300lbs, and is both JWL and VIA certified. Overkill is just enough when it comes to my family hauler. They said it should weigh between 22-24lbs each. Not bad for a 20x8 wheel. Hopefully it'll all come out lighter than OEM set even with the 20" tires and reduce unsprung weight.
Running a 235/50R20 on a 8” wide wheel would be ideal. Post a pic of the wheel!

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts
So I've run into a snag. Wheel rep is saying I'll need a 245/45R20, as the XSE OEM size 235/50R20 will be too tall(??) on the forged 8" wheels. Basically if I had an XSE FWD, I wouldn't be able to re-use the 20" tires because the wheels are .5" wider. Doesn't make any sense to me, but then again I'm not a wheel expert.

There's not many LRR tire options as it is and I really wanted to stay OEM tire size. If it comes down to it and I have to switch to get these wheels, has anyone noticed a significant difference in MPG when it comes to switching to a non-LRR tire?
Perfectly fine running OE size 235/50R20. Not sure what they are referring to. I worked at a wheel and tire shop for many years. I mounted those tires on the van myself. I lose maybe between 2-3 MPG on 255s, which isn’t a big deal. We are happy with 30+ MPG on a 5000lbs minivan!

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts
Ok so after some more back and forth, it's due to my earlier request of the wheels being flush. Due to that, he recommended just +15 offset. He said if we do more offset, I can accommodate the OEM sizes. So I've asked him to help me figure out if it's possible to use tires ranging from 235/50R20 to 255/50(or 45 if 50 is not feasible at 255 width). I've given priority over having more tire options available over the wheels just being flush. I've been going through the tire selection, and they are really slim to non-existent when it comes to low rolling resistance tires.

Again, my goal is to add some style to the van while maintaining the hybrid performance. In this case, I'm hoping the lighter Forged wheels will have even better MPG, which is why I am so adamant about sticking to the OEM 20" Michelins so I can compare the MPG to other 2021 Siennas.
+25 should give you that extra cushion. Check the weight on the tire you want to go with as well. Tirerack gives you the spec you will need. I did a lot of research before pulling the trigger on the tire I chose.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts
Thanks, he did recommend going +20 to +25, so we'll see where we land after he takes into account my new request of broadening the tire selection. By the way, have you calculated what your before and after MPGs were?
I was getting 35-36 before the 20” and now between 33-34 so not a huge deal. I do like the handling and cornering with the 255s though. I still take corners like a sports car in the van lol. My wife and I don’t mind the ride either. I’m used to driving lowered sedans and compact cars so this rides like a Cadillac.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts