Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
891 Posts
I have always debadged my vehicles. So far only some LED lights on the interior.
I know I am getting off topic, but if there is anyone who might get Ottoman Seats in their AWDs, I would put your name on top ;)

Another off-topic, here's the flashing front hazard lights I have on my wishlist. See it at beginning 00:20. I think it might but the Pulse Breaking lights?

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD Tech
265 Posts
Another off-topic, here's the flashing front hazard lights I have on my wishlist. See it at beginning 00:20. I think it might but the Pulse Breaking lights?
[/QUOTE]

That just the camera effect when filming the light, like you see sometime with the entertainment screen showing with the horizontal line rowing down.

·
Registered
932 Posts
That just the camera effect when filming the light, like you see sometime with the entertainment screen showing with the horizontal line rowing down.
Or filming a helicopter and it doesn’t look like the rotors are spinning. Videos don’t record every instant. They play pictures together back to back at a specific frame rate. Sometimes that frame rate interacts with the frequency of the bulb in interesting ways like it did there. The camera and the eye often see different things

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
891 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Or filming a helicopter and it doesn’t look like the rotors are spinning. Videos don’t record every instant. They play pictures together back to back at a specific frame rate. Sometimes that frame rate interacts with the frequency of the bulb in interesting ways like it did there. The camera and the eye often see different things
Aha.. I guess I have one less thing on my wishlist!

It seemed to flash in pattern at certain points so that's what got me. Another thing that got me was that my unit had Pulse Lights installed, and then removed. I never knew anything about it but it shows up in my service history. That probably got me thinking something like this was possible.

Anyways, sorry for the detour.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I personally don’t like flat wheels and desire some concaveness in the wheels.
Unfortunately all 8.5” width wheels are flat regardless of design even with a +35 offset.
I think even the sample I posted with concave are at 10” width.
I think 10” width are too much for this van.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That looks incredible! Sweet ride! What cargo box are you using? Do you have Toyota OEM crossbars? If not what did you go with? I'd like to get a cargo box in time for a trip in August. Will Thule cargo boxes work with Toyota crossbars?
Thank you. Inno Shadow. I am running the factory cross bars. Thule should work with factory cross bars too

·
Registered
78 Posts
How much would it cost to swap out the rims? I am kinda bummed out our Platinum has cheesy plastic hubcaps instead of nice looking bare Alu ..

·
Registered
189 Posts
How much would it cost to swap out the rims? I am kinda bummed out our Platinum has cheesy plastic hubcaps instead of nice looking bare Alu ..
It depends on the wheel and tire you choose. A 20" wheel and tire package will run you around $2000.

If you are just swapping out the 18" wheels then you can do it for around $800. This depends on your wheel choice. Then $80 to swap over the oem tires.

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
895 Posts
Just look through the posts on here. Many people have posted info and pictures of replacement wheels and tires. You can use the search feature at the top of the page to search for wheels or rims on this forum.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Right but I wanted an estimate. I'd definitely just swap out the existing wheels for .. some kind of rim that doesn't look like a dollar store chrome toy. 😭

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
510 Posts
Right but I wanted an estimate. I'd definitely just swap out the existing wheels for .. some kind of rim that doesn't look like a dollar store chrome toy. 😭
Different rims have different cost profiles. Cheap rims you can get a set of 20s for probably $250-300/wheel + $700-1000 for tires. A good quality set will run you $500 per wheel and up from there depending on brand, forged vs cast vs monoblock vs 3 piece, etc.

If all you want is to change up the look from the factory chrome plastic garbage you might have better luck scouring Craigslist or Facebook marketplace for a used set.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went with whatever the local shop had on hand. $950 for a set of four non-hideous rims.. worth it. No tire change.

I was going to go with chrome since a lot of the vehicle is blue/chrome but not many silver options in rims.. so the store guy recommended black and it's good?

(I installed the mudflaps as well, pretty easy!)

But man. I can finally sleep at night. Those factory chrome plastic rims were just H I D E O US.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
510 Posts
I went with whatever the local shop had on hand. $950 for a set of four non-hideous rims.. worth it. No tire change.

I was going to go with chrome since a lot of the vehicle is blue/chrome but not many silver options in rims.. so the store guy recommended black and it's good?

View attachment 51204

View attachment 51205

(I installed the mudflaps as well, pretty easy!)

But man. I can finally sleep at night. Those factory chrome plastic rims were just H I D E O US.
Black looks sharp on that color for sure. Better than chrome.

21 - 40 of 109 Posts