Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went with whatever the local shop had on hand. $950 for a set of four non-hideous rims.. worth it. No tire change.

I was going to go with chrome since a lot of the vehicle is blue/chrome but not many silver options in rims.. so the store guy recommended black and it's good?

View attachment 51204

View attachment 51205

(I installed the mudflaps as well, pretty easy!)

But man. I can finally sleep at night. Those factory chrome plastic rims were just H I D E O US.
Looks good to me. Much better especially with these dark colored vans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
2021 Platinum with XSE front bumper swap.
Wheels are 22x10.5 all around
UAS air suspension
View attachment 50573 View attachment 50574 View attachment 50575
Do you mind if I ask if you also did the chrome delete on the windows, door handles, grill, and rear bumper yourself or have someone else do it? And how much did it cost either way? Your van looks amazing!! My wife isn't about all that and it's our family car so I'm "limited" in what I can do to it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went with whatever the local shop had on hand. $950 for a set of four non-hideous rims.. worth it. No tire change.

I was going to go with chrome since a lot of the vehicle is blue/chrome but not many silver options in rims.. so the store guy recommended black and it's good?

View attachment 51204

View attachment 51205

(I installed the mudflaps as well, pretty easy!)

But man. I can finally sleep at night. Those factory chrome plastic rims were just H I D E O US.
What size rims is that? Can we get some whole van pictures? Trying to decide if I can get away with just swapping out the 17", or if I need to upsize. Your wheels look good to me

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts
It all looks pretty flush. Did you have to use spacers at all?

You guys are going to make me go all in on 20's after seeing all these pictures.
No spacer needed when you run the correct offset. That would as far as I would go though with stock suspension. Super close to the inside of the sliding doors with hitting the door panels.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No spacer needed when you run the correct offset. That would as far as I would go though with stock suspension. Super close to the inside of the sliding doors with hitting the door panels.
Trying to stick to XSE OE sizes, so I've purchased the OEM tire size of 235/50R20. All the 20" aftermarket rims are 8.5 inches. Do you think the tires will be too stretched?

What would the ideal offset range be for a 8.5 width wheel?

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts
Trying to stick to XSE OE sizes, so I've purchased the OEM tire size of 235/50R20. All the 20" aftermarket rims are 8.5 inches. Do you think the tires will be too stretched?

You are very limited on tire choices and the pricing are much higher. Stay away from garbage GoodYears. Anyway 235 are ok on a 8.5” wide rim. That’s on the high end. As far as offset, anywhere between +28 to +38 on a 8.5” should have no issue.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Appreciate it. Costco carries the Michelin Primacy which it lists as the OEM tire. Just looking for wheels now. Trying to figure out if its worth it to go from cast wheels for $1k but weigh 36lbs, or go for rotary forged wheels for $2100 and weigh 27lbs, or at this point just go for fully forged wheels for about $2800 that will probably clock in at 20 lbs or less.

How are your Rays manufactured, and do you know how much they weigh?

Im really liking these wheels right now Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person but one thing that's really bugging me is they only have a 5 year structural warranty, and it has a disclaimer about not covering damage from potholes. Which probably means they never have to approve any kind of wheel warranty claims.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts

You are very limited on tire choices and the pricing are much higher. Stay away from garbage GoodYears. Anyway 235 are ok on a 8.5” wide rim. That’s on the high end. As far as offset, anywhere between +28 to +
Appreciate it. Costco carries the Michelin Primacy which it lists as the OEM tire. Just looking for wheels now. Trying to figure out if its worth it to go from cast wheels for $1k but weigh 36lbs, or go for rotary forged wheels for $2100 and weigh 27lbs, or at this point just go for fully forged wheels for about $2800 that will probably clock in at 20 lbs or less.

How are your Rays manufactured, and do you know how much they weigh?

Im really liking these wheels right now Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person but one thing that's really bugging me is they only have a 5 year structural warranty, and it has a disclaimer about not covering damage from potholes. Which probably means they never have to approve any kind of wheel warranty claims.
The link didn’t go through. What is the brand and model of the wheel? You didn’t have spend $2G on semi forged wheels. There are plenty to choose from depends on the design. I tend to stick with Japan made wheels for their quality. Rays Engineering is a well known wheel manufacturer. My wheels weight around 27lbs. With tires, they are not any heavier than the stock ones that I replaced. Another good website to purchase wheels are tirerack and fitment industries. Check them out!

·
Registered
86 Posts
You are very limited on tire choices and the pricing are much higher. Stay away from garbage GoodYears. Anyway 235 are ok on a 8.5” wide rim. That’s on the high end. As far as offset, anywhere between +28 to +

The link didn’t go through. What is the brand and model of the wheel? You didn’t have spend $2G on semi forged wheels. There are plenty to choose from depends on the design. I tend to stick with Japan made wheels for their quality. Rays Engineering is a well known wheel manufacturer. My wheels weight around 27lbs. With tires, they are not any heavier than the stock ones that I replaced. Another good website to purchase wheels are tirerack and fitment industries. Check them out!
These are TSW Paddocks, rotary forged and at America's tires.

I'm a huge fan of Rays/Volks. Ill check out those websites, thanks!

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD Tech
265 Posts
I guess you would need hub rings for those wheels. Are you using aluminum or rubber one? Never had to use those so not sure about rims that need to use it like are they safe and how to check if they no longer good.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
14 Posts
I guess you would need hub rings for those wheels. Are you using aluminum or rubber one? Never had to use those so not sure about rims that need to use it like are they safe and how to check if they no longer good.
Metal one because they last longer. All aftermarket wheels will require hub rings for your vehicle for proper fitment. Put it on the hub and also the wheel itself to see if they are loose. Check for crack and such each time when the wheels are off the car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Those wheels do require a hub centric rings. One thing I like about buying at Americas tire is they will include everything you'll need for your specific vehicle.

41 - 60 of 109 Posts