Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Sienna Platinum Wind Chill Pearl
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone got any issues with the build quality? I just came back from another dealership and this is what I noticed. Is this normal? Any of you see these i guess minor imperfections in your sienna as well?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I’ve read a few people stating how they found the Gen 4 Sienna to be on par with Lexus. Now that’s a far stretch, yet it’s written in this forum. I’m a stickler for Japan made Toyota- yet the Sienna is good.
There is no reason for me to state this other than what I read previously.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wondering if anyone got any issues with the build quality? I just came back from another dealership and this is what I noticed. Is this normal? Any of you see these i guess minor imperfections in your sienna as well? View attachment 51397 View attachment 51398
I don't have the left image, but I have the same thing on the right. On the right, it seems like that's meant to ensure a better seal.

·
Registered
Sienna Platinum Wind Chill Pearl
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve read a few people stating how they found the Gen 4 Sienna to be on par with Lexus. Now that’s a far stretch, yet it’s written in this forum. I’m a stickler for Japan made Toyota- yet the Sienna is good.
There is no reason for me to state this other than what I read
I don't have the left image, but I have the same thing on the right. On the right, it seems like that's meant to ensure a better seal.
thanks good to know. I know someone mention about the gap in the front bumper. Seems like is a hit or miss. The two sienna i saw, on the xle passenger side the gap is larger, like V shape compare to the driver side. On the Xse both side was the same, didnt see much of a gap.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The most common issues seem to be with the rubber seals around the trunk and moonroof openings. A few others have concerns with the gaps btw the bumper and panels not being aligned at the micron level. Most other reports are dumb stuff like plastic coated wheels, or the van braking without them wanting to when it senses collision with oncoming traffic, or 3rd row seats not laying perfectly flat when stowed. The seals one is the only one that matters IMO and I’ve seen maybe about 15-30 reports of those issues out of the 50,000+ siennas thus far manufactured so I’m comfortable with the numbers myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No big ones as far as build quality.
A few minor gripes on features:
1) The wireless charger is super sensitive, slippery and generally pretty lame.
2) The synthetic leather seats don’t breath but we are hoping they will as they break in.
3) The plastic dash shelves need protectors or overlays or they will scratch.
4) Would like a little more engine bay sound deadening even if it adds some weight to the car. It’s actually fine as-is but it could be better so why not?
5) The kick sensors for door opening are a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Aside from the sunroof not closing even when closed (passenger side sunroof seems to be sticking out more. These two body alignment issues also bug me the most.
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle door

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive exterior

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try BMW kick sensor, you will be in love with the Sienna one. The BMW sensor you will want to tear it out for hitting you in the head randomly.
Maybe everyone knows the tricks but put your foot in slowly and remove it quickly. That is key. Don't wave it left and right, put it in and pull out quick. Under the )) symbol for the side and under the right edge of license plate in the rear. I love the kick sensors and they work 99 out of 100 times first try once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Maybe everyone knows the tricks but put your foot in slowly and remove it quickly. That is key. Don't wave it left and right, put it in and pull out quick. Under the )) symbol for the side and under the right edge of license plate in the rear. I love the kick sensors and they work 99 out of 100 times first try once you get the hang of it.
I actually use a “swipe” motion on all three instead of a kick. Back to front on the sliders and right to left on the rear. But to the same end, once you develop a successful opening motion it works 99+% of the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts