Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we’re loving our new Sienna, but I have a few questions:
After paying all this money for a new van, do the rims have metal or plastic “covers” over them? So they look like chrome aluminum rims, but it’s really a plastic cover? Is Toyota being cheap, or are they geniuses? I’m guessing you could replace the covers if you scrape a curb, but seems cheap when you’re paying a premium for the van.

Not having a spare is a mistake to me. Sure you get some fix a flat and run flat tires, but that also means I have to keep buying run flats if I want to be “safe.” Also doesn’t address the issue of helping when the rim is damaged. Heard you could get one added from the factory for $75.

Any recommendations for a cargo “liner”? We want a rubber mat for the floor area behind the third row seats.

Thanks!

·
Registered
504 Posts
look like chrome aluminum rims, but it’s really a plastic cover? Is Toyota being cheap, or are they geniuses?
????. If you ever had to replace one you won't think they're cheap... All I know is the plastic clad alloy rims on my 04 Chrysler still look like new. The normal alloy rims on my other car looks bad. Salt on the roads don't help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
????. If you ever had to replace one you won't think they're cheap... All I know is the plastic clad alloy rims on my 04 Chrysler still look like new. The normal alloy rims on my other car looks bad. Salt on the roads don't help.
Cheap for Toyota to make. Not for us to buy!

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
24 Posts
It is typical for hybrids to come without a spare. Saves a little space and weight. If you want a spare, you need to get it as an option. There would be too many parts to change to retrofit the car. The interior plastic parts are different in the left rear. Makes the $75 option an over $1000 retrofit if you can even get the parts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is typical for hybrids to come without a spare. Saves a little space and weight. If you want a spare, you need to get it as an option. There would be too many parts to change to retrofit the car. The interior plastic parts are different in the left rear. Makes the $75 option an over $1000 retrofit if you can even get the parts.
I’m not sure about the parts being a problem to get but I can confirm a 1300 cost for the parts not including labor. I‘ll post a pic if I can figure it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts