Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody put a roof rack basket on their 2021? I have an XSE AWD with the factory cross bars. I have looked around the web and am not finding a concrete answer to what the best solution is. I'd like something that goes from the moonroof to the back, obvesiously without interfering. We want to carry some of our camping supplies (Tent, duffle bag) and possibly even a couple of bikes. I just cannot tell A) what works on the factory bars and B) how long and wide can I get away with?
Any suggestions? As always, pictures are always appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anybody put a roof rack basket on their 2021? I have an XSE AWD with the factory cross bars. I have looked around the web and am not finding a concrete answer to what the best solution is. I'd like something that goes from the moonroof to the back, obvesiously without interfering. We want to carry some of our camping supplies (Tent, duffle bag) and possibly even a couple of bikes. I just cannot tell A) what works on the factory bars and B) how long and wide can I get away with?
Any suggestions? As always, pictures are always appreciated!
I have a Yakima Skybox 16 Carbonite Cargo Box on my 21 XSE. Fits as described on factory bars. See photo. Works great.
- Fellow Sienna Dad

·
Registered
7 Posts
We just came back from a 1500 mile road trip trip with the Thule Motion XT XL Rooftop Cargo Carrier on top of our XSE, Toyota crossbars. Our second successful outing with it. No interference with rear hatch or sunroof. When the sales guy looked it up, Thule book says it was not recommended for the 2021, and go a size down. This was a picture of the test fit at the store before we left the parking lot. It does center better than what is shown in the picture on the crossbars, but any bigger wouldn't work. We were very happy with the extra room it gave us.
SiennaThuleXL.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium 8 Passengers 🚐
71 Posts
That's sleek looking.

When you get a chance, Could you measure the height from the roof to the highest point of the carrier. Thanks

How's the wind noise?

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's sleek looking.

When you get a chance, Could you measure the height from the roof to the highest point of the carrier. Thanks

How's the wind noise?

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ
It's no longer mounted, but I want to say somewhat confidently 7' 6" is what we measured it at before we headed out. 100% you're ok under any 8 foot garages. We tested this at a nearby AMC parking garage on the way home after purchase (pic). Never noticed wind noise at city speeds. Highway speeds (70+) when sunroof is open, you will certainly hear the wind pushing against the nose. Possibly, even with the sun shade open. Honestly, we never really even noticed it was there. I'd crack the sun shade every few hours to make sure it didn't blow off. The nose ends up sitting a few inches right behind the opening, no obstructions. Really, no issues, and we're excited to use it for our camping gear next month.

Capture.PNG

And how did the MPG look?
MPG was around 30-32.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone tried something like the yakima mega warrior, yakima off grid, or rola vortex? I like that they all have extensions to make them longer but I'm not sure how big will really fit (length and width with factory cross bars installed).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts