Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It rained last night and our 4 month old XSE was parked outside. My daughter noticed water was leaking inside the van. We didn’t initially believe her, but I turned around to see water pouring in through the 2nd row passenger side light fixture (the one above the sliding door). By the time I recorded the video, it was only a steady drip, but this has me freaked out. 1) From an electrical standpoint and 2) our van is practically brand new… WTH.

We will definitely get it into the service department ASAP, but it has me worried that they won’t be able to recreate or figure out what the issue is. Thankfully, we nearly always keep our van parked in the garage, but we’re super disappointed. Plus, who knows how much water is just hanging out in our headliner. Here is the link to the video: Video of water leaking in

·
Registered
669 Posts
The problem is with a seal. Many have reported leaks from moonroof. Some of them took it to dealer and discovered problem actually came from improperly installed windshield. They will try to replicate and often can’t. Don’t back down. Sometimes van needs to be oriented with nose downward or going around a turn for the water to enter. Take some time reading threads here with the word “moonroof” and “leak” to learn more

EDIT: Lots here. Can probably skip to the end which has more solutions than just new reports from others:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts