Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

261 - 280 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't love the giant center console. One of the many benefits of a minivan is being able to walk to the back seats to help kids without going outside in the pouring rain and snow. Putting a shift lever in the middle of the car is annoying - on a hybrid it's just an electrical switch anyway and could easily have been a few buttons on the dash or a steering wheel stalk.
I agree. The present 3rd gen open passage to the front passenger seat from the driver seat is convenient and airy. That shift lever placement is wasted space. Sometimes you can only get out of the van in a tight parking space via the passenger side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The tow hitch isn't offered on the Limited or Platinum models.
What possible reason do they have for not including a tow hitch option on the highest end trims? Does not make any sense. I wonder if you can still add your own, for say a bike rack?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hope they offer a V6 gas version in the future.
Just curious, but what do you think a gas V6 would offer over the hybrid? The previous-gen Sienna and it's 3.5l V6 had more horsepower, but the hybrid setup on the 2021 gives more torque.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saw this morning, here are my thoughts
  • Like the new / updated exterior design.
  • The huge center console - not so much. One thing I like about our 2015 is the easy of being able to move around and extra space up front.
  • I'm not sure yet how I feel about the engine choices; not a big fan of the 4 cyl, but will have to see how the performance numbers pan out.
  • Would like to see more interior and cargo area photos.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The following CNET article has a lot of photos but not that many of the interior.

And here's a link to the Car and Driver photo gallery, again mostly exterior photos.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't love the giant center console. One of the many benefits of a minivan is being able to walk to the back seats to help kids without going outside in the pouring rain and snow. Putting a shift lever in the middle of the car is annoying - on a hybrid it's just an electrical switch anyway and could easily have been a few buttons on the dash or a steering wheel stalk.
I agree. The present 3rd gen open passage to the front passenger seat from the driver seat is convenient and airy. That shift lever placement is wasted space. Sometimes you can only get out of the van in a tight parking space via the passenger side.
In the following picture, it looks like their might be open space under the center console kind of like a tunnel. Does anyone agree?

Edit: Found another pic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can't stand the SUV styling and that's enough to kill it for me. But diving into the details it actually gets worse. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the following picture, it looks like their might be open space under the center console kind of like a tunnel. Does anyone agree?
Many newer cars that shift by wire with no mechanical linkage between the shift lever and the transmission have this design, as that space is open and might as well be used to store a purse or small bag. If it is in fact open on both sides "toddler tunnel" might be the most accurate name for it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Paid $25k for a 2015 LTD AWD last January, fully aware redesign was in the works. Wondered if I'd have "new car envy" when it came out. Don't have much of that, although I'm sure this is an improvement in many ways. I'd love to get the purported better gas mileage with my 2015.

"Meh" on the SUV styling, the huge grille looks silly IMO. More substantially, lack of removable center seats, and funky front center arch are drawbacks. Even with the XLE/Limited console, you can still swing your feet around and access the rest of the van pretty easily in the 3rd gens.

Guessing the reduced overall hp might be balanced by snappier response of partial electric drivetrain(?). This version might also be lighter overall. I wonder if the 3rd motor in the AWDs also ups the overall power?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Many newer cars that shift by wire with no mechanical linkage between the shift lever and the transmission have this design, as that space is open and might as well be used to store a purse or small bag. If it is in fact open on both sides "toddler tunnel" might be the most accurate name for it.
Yes, CNet article states that it is open underneath.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just curious, but what do you think a gas V6 would offer over the hybrid? The previous-gen Sienna and it's 3.5l V6 had more horsepower, but the hybrid setup on the 2021 gives more torque.
The 50+ horsepower and the silky smooth rev is what I'll miss. Load up a Sienna and on the open road, you'll miss that 50+ HP. Plus gas isn't exactly expensive. Wish Toyota gave us a choice like on the Highlander.

261 - 280 of 325 Posts