Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

381 - 400 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got a hunch Limited B is code for Platinum, it gets Noble Brown. Maybe this is for Canada?

Blueprint? Yuck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That refrigerator box is really intrusive into 2nd row and 3rd row access, if you have kids that crawl around back there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don’t recall the Sienna’s front end looking quite so… ugly in the release videos.

I hope they can really tidy up that nose styling when they launch the PHEV version…

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don’t recall the Sienna’s front end looking quite so… ugly in the release videos.

I hope they can really tidy up that nose styling when they launch the PHEV version…
I’m skeptical of PHEV possibility. Looking RAV4 Prime, Toyota seems more interested in compliance. Why bother with Sienna when it will sell enough RAV4s, and why hit Federal tax break bogey any sooner by adding another Prime model?

But if it happens, sign us up...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I’m skeptical of PHEV possibility. Looking RAV4 Prime, Toyota seems more interested in compliance. Why bother with Sienna when it will sell enough RAV4s, and why hit Federal tax break bogey any sooner by adding another Prime model?

But if it happens, sign us up...
I think your spot on. Toyota can't even meet demand of the Rav4 Prime a hot seller market (Compact SUVs) so makes less sense to introduce a Sienna Prime which is in a dwindling market. Also, its about ZEV credits they will add PHEVs/EVs at the rate that is most monetarily efficient to ensure they get the ZEV credits they need for that year. If its cheaper to buy ZEV credits from Tesla like they have been doing they will. Chevy does the same thing by manufacturing and selling the exact number of Bolt EVs they need to get their ZEV credits and won't manufacture a single Bolt EV more than needed cause they take a $9000 loss on each one they sell.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think your spot on. Toyota can't even meet demand of the Rav4 Prime a hot seller market (Compact SUVs) so makes less sense to introduce a Sienna Prime which is in a dwindling market. Also, its about ZEV credits they will add PHEVs/EVs at the rate that is most monetarily efficient to ensure they get the ZEV credits they need for that year. If its cheaper to buy ZEV credits from Tesla like they have been doing they will. Chevy does the same thing by manufacturing and selling the exact number of Bolt EVs they need to get their ZEV credits and won't manufacture a single Bolt EV more than needed cause they take a $9000 loss on each one they sell.
I agree. For Canada most of the RAV4 Primes are being allocated to Quebec for similar reasons.
Assuming Rav4 demand is met I would expect a Highlander Prime well before a Sienna Prime.

Toyota RAV4 Prime PHEV Availability In U.S. To Be Extremely Limited

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do we have any update on availability date and pricing? It should be out by now, no? :(
A Toyota Representative on Toyota's Facebook page was replying to users November. I haven't seen any pricing. The 2021 Highlander the Hybrid engine option appears to be around $1000-$1400 higher than the Gas Engine option depending on trim, so I'm hoping the 2021 Sienna is same price as 2020 Sienna or at most $1400 more since its a Hybrid.

·
Registered
118 Posts
As far as I know, pricing for the 2021 Sienna should be available this Wednesday, September 30. Frequently, the pricing release date is the same as the "embargo date" for driving assessments, so if we're lucky, we may see some driving reviews on Wednesday also.
And again, as far as I know, start of production should be next month, so deliveries in November seems reasonable to me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
As far as I know, pricing for the 2021 Sienna should be available this Wednesday, September 30. Frequently, the pricing release date is the same as the "embargo date" for driving assessments, so if we're lucky, we may see some driving reviews on Wednesday also.
And again, as far as I know, start of production should be next month, so deliveries in November seems reasonable to me.
Thank you for the information. I've noticed on Youtube that reviewers (Alex on Autos, Redline Reviews, TFL, etc.) tend to start driving impression reviews (embargo date) the vehicles exactly 30 days/1 month before they hit the lots which was the case for example for the new 2021 Toyota Venza.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'll be interested to see if any new info breaks embargo on Wed. But any driving impressions will likely just be the initial round of "press-release reviews," which offer little new info and even less critical commentary, as writers aim to secure their spot for Toyota's first, post-COVID destination event.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife and I were talking this afternoon ... she is sold on the new Sienna as am I. It will be her Mini Van which is fine with me. We will likely get the XLE or XSE level. Cant wait until next spring which is when we plan on purchasing it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My wife and I were talking this afternoon ... she is sold on the new Sienna as am I. It will be her Mini Van which is fine with me. We will likely get the XLE or XSE level. Cant wait until next spring which is when we plan on purchasing it.
If you're going to wait that long, perhaps wait for MY #2? Figure summer-fall 2021 for MY 2022. A year's worth of board postings and bug fixes might be worthwhile.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you're going to wait that long, perhaps wait for MY #2? Figure summer-fall 2021 for MY 2022. A year's worth of board postings and bug fixes might be worthwhile.
We didn't want to buy unless we were able to buy it without a loan ...thus spring is the date.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think I gonna wait for the, MY2022 model likely to be out in Fall of 2021. The main reason is the first year release 2021 Sienna comes with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 which lacks some of the newer features in the 2.5 + iteration being equipped in the 2021 Highlander and 2021 Camry. I am surprised that the new Sienna has the older Safety features, whereas the 2021 Highlander, made in the same assembly line, has the newer 2.5+ version. All 3 vehicles are available around the same time (this Fall). I don't expect much increase in the pricing from MY2021 to MY2022 (the difference in 2020 and 2021 Highlander was just $160 across all trims). My 2004 Sienna is still kicking, only have 182,000km on it, engine is rock solid.

Reactions: otmshank

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think I gonna wait for the, MY2022 model likely to be out in Fall of 2021. The main reason is the first year release 2021 Sienna comes with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 which lacks some of the newer features in the 2.5 + iteration being equipped in the 2021 Highlander and 2021 Camry. I am surprised that the new Sienna has the older Safety features, whereas the 2021 Highlander, made in the same assembly line, has the newer 2.5+ version. All 3 vehicles are available around the same time (this Fall). I don't expect much increase in the pricing from MY2021 to MY2022 (the difference in 2020 and 2021 Highlander was just $160 across all trims). My 2004 Sienna is still kicking, only have 182,000km on it, engine is rock solid.
Looks like 2.5 has one of the features I've always found lacking in other cars...

"As before, adaptive cruise control is part of the TSS 2.5+ system, but now includes a new feature that allows for a more seamless and anticipatory approach in passing maneuvers. When approaching a slower vehicle from behind, the system automatically begins to accelerate once the driver engages the turn signal with steering input. The increase in speed readies the vehicle to confidently change lanes and overtake the vehicle in front, eliminating the delay in acceleration that typically plagues adaptive cruise control. After the lane change occurs, acceleration continues until the vehicle reaches the preset cruising speed. At that point, the driver can decide when to safely move back into the original lane or stay in the new lane. "

381 - 400 of 443 Posts