Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

401 - 420 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think I gonna wait for the, MY2022 model likely to be out in Fall of 2021. The main reason is the first year release 2021 Sienna comes with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 which lacks some of the newer features in the 2.5 + iteration being equipped in the 2021 Highlander and 2021 Camry. I am surprised that the new Sienna has the older Safety features, whereas the 2021 Highlander, made in the same assembly line, has the newer 2.5+ version. All 3 vehicles are available around the same time (this Fall). I don't expect much increase in the pricing from MY2021 to MY2022 (the difference in 2020 and 2021 Highlander was just $160 across all trims). My 2004 Sienna is still kicking, only have 182,000km on it, engine is rock solid.
I'm annoyed that the new Sienna doesn't have Safety Sense 2.5+ considering it's a newly redesigned model. I think I made that same comment a couple of months ago in one of the 2021 discussions. I think someone also said not to expect Toyota to update the Sienna to the new version in future model years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
No news yet :(
Sorry about that :( I was guessing on the embargo part, but that was based on what-I-thought-was-completely-accurate release date for pricing. My source has been extremely accurate on things like that in the past (they also said that pricing on another car I'm interested in - the 2021 Camry Hybrid - would be available on the 30th, and they were spot on for that). But I haven't seen 21 Sienna pricing yet anywhere I can normally find it, and haven't heard back from my source ...
Back to waiting like everyone else ...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry about that :( I was guessing on the embargo part, but that was based on what-I-thought-was-completely-accurate release date for pricing. My source has been extremely accurate on things like that in the past (they also said that pricing on another car I'm interested in - the 2021 Camry Hybrid - would be available on the 30th, and they were spot on for that). But I haven't seen 21 Sienna pricing yet anywhere I can normally find it, and haven't heard back from my source ...
Back to waiting like everyone else ...
Yea the 2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid price dropped two days ago on September 30th and it was a logical guess to think they would have included the Sienna in the announcement. I was very surprised at the Camry's pricing as the 2021 model reduces the price by $1160 on some trims something I don't think I've ever seen a manufacturer do. Although for Toyota's SUVs (AWD vs. AWD Hybrid) the Hybrid upcharge is $1000 to $1400, for Camry it's $4000.
One of our vehicles broke down and we couldn't wait for the 2021 Camry, so my wife got a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Blue (base trim) last month for a number of reasons but the primary ones were the 2020 Camry Hybrid LE (base trim) cost thousands more, the infotainment is very dated, and BSM and RCTA were an additional cost package on the LE. All things the 2021 Camry model fixed. I'm still glad we got the Sonata though as we got a good deal $3000 off MSRP plus 0%/72mo. financing, the Infotainment is much better, and every safety system came standard. Would be a much tougher choice once 2021 Camry is out though.

I'm starting to think the November availability for the Sienna that I've seen Toyota state on their Facebook page is going to end up being November 30th :cautious:. I agree with @medallione its odd that they wouldn't go with safety sense 2.5 since the Highlander at the same manufacturing plant uses it. I've already been waiting since the end of last year to buy as we almost bought a 2020 but decided to wait so we aren't waiting anymore. I'll likely end up buying the base model 2021 Sienna LE as my only must-haves are AWD, Safety suite, tow hitch, and Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My guess is that Toyota is equipping their new redesigned vehicles in the second year releases (2021 Camry and Highlanders, for example) , so I expect the latest Toyota Safety Sense 2.5+ to come onboard the 2022 Sienna, likey in the late summer - early Fall 2021 timeframe. No point buying a vehcle that one will likely use for 7+ plus year with an older safety system (notably, most of the 2021 releases in other car mainstream manufacturers like Kia, Hyundai, Volkswagen, GM, etc are equipping their cars with the newer features such as enhanced ACC with junction assist and smoother acceleration upon overtaking, pre-collision with junction assists, emergency steering assist, etc). I definitely want these features. I am also hoping Toyota will add Wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto in their 2022 cars. Plus, never a good idea to buy the first year release with so many new features and complexity as the new Sienna.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Still no pricing info, but production is supposed to start next week in the Princeton, Indiana plant. So hopefully, pricing soon, and Siennas themselves perhaps by end of month.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Can anyone confirm if any of the Trims come with power folding exterior mirrors and emergency automatic rear braking system? These are features on my must-have list.

·
Registered
158 Posts
CNET: 2021 Toyota Sienna won't launch with nifty fridge and vacuum features.

Edit: I totally missed that @otmshank posted this same link in this thread and I can't delete this post. Sorry about that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Embargo date on price and driving impressions is October 27th according to Alex on Autos.
Here's the whole Alex on Autos video where the microwaving bacon clip came from.

According to Alex on Autos, the 12.3" infotainment screen that's in the higher end Highlander trims won't be available in the Sienna as an option in any trim. That's disappointing. This may be another reason to wait for the 2022 model but I doubt Toyota will make that change after 1 year.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
The Alex on Autos video shows aspects of the 2021 Sienna that I hadn't noticed:

1) The speedometer in the 2021 Sienna reads up to 160 mph which is pretty funny since the speedometer in the gen 3 Sienna goes only to 110 mph and its top speed is electronically limited to 112 mph. Are we going to see the 2021 Sienna in NASCAR races? :rolleyes:

2) The Distance to Empty display in his video showed 508 miles which is wonderful if accurate. The inaccurate fuel gauge and distance to empty display in the gen 3 Sienna has been disappointing and a subject of complaints on this forum. Have these problems been fixed in the gen 4 Sienna?

3) The button switches on the lower left of the dashboard appear to be of a newer single unit design used in other recent Toyota and Lexus vehicles in which buttons are not individually replaceable and to which button switches cannot be added.

4) The dashboard HVAC controls for the front passenger and rear occupants in the 2021 Sienna appear to be similar to the ones in the 2011-2014 Sienna that many thought were confusing which was addressed in the 2015 dashboard redesign with additional large in-your-face dials. I prefer the 2011-2014 and the 2021 "back to the future" HVAC control format.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't get the 160mph speedo. It makes getting accurate reading hard. I guess its just for show since most will use the digital speedo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well today we looked at our 1st 2021 Sienna ... I had my son, his wife, along with my wife. They said it doesn't look like a minivan. My wife likes it so ... next spring we will get a new 2021 Sienna Most likely the XLE AWD

401 - 420 of 443 Posts