Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

421 - 440 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m skeptical of PHEV possibility. Looking RAV4 Prime, Toyota seems more interested in compliance. Why bother with Sienna when it will sell enough RAV4s, and why hit Federal tax break bogey any sooner by adding another Prime model?

But if it happens, sign us up...
That seems to make sense before Biden won the election. Extending more tax rebates may be one
Yea the 2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid price dropped two days ago on September 30th and it was a logical guess to think they would have included the Sienna in the announcement. I was very surprised at the Camry's pricing as the 2021 model reduces the price by $1160 on some trims something I don't think I've ever seen a manufacturer do. Although for Toyota's SUVs (AWD vs. AWD Hybrid) the Hybrid upcharge is $1000 to $1400, for Camry it's $4000.
One of our vehicles broke down and we couldn't wait for the 2021 Camry, so my wife got a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Blue (base trim) last month for a number of reasons but the primary ones were the 2020 Camry Hybrid LE (base trim) cost thousands more, the infotainment is very dated, and BSM and RCTA were an additional cost package on the LE. All things the 2021 Camry model fixed. I'm still glad we got the Sonata though as we got a good deal $3000 off MSRP plus 0%/72mo. financing, the Infotainment is much better, and every safety system came standard. Would be a much tougher choice once 2021 Camry is out though.

I'm starting to think the November availability for the Sienna that I've seen Toyota state on their Facebook page is going to end up being November 30th :cautious:. I agree with @medallione its odd that they wouldn't go with safety sense 2.5 since the Highlander at the same manufacturing plant uses it. I've already been waiting since the end of last year to buy as we almost bought a 2020 but decided to wait so we aren't waiting anymore. I'll likely end up buying the base model 2021 Sienna LE as my only must-haves are AWD, Safety suite, tow hitch, and Apple CarPlay.
Will you get carplay without the $2000 le package?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife and I looked at a 21 Sienna yesterday - she wants the 8 passenger seating so the highest model is the XLE. The above models don't offer 8 passenger seating. (AWD Not available in the XLE) We looked at the XLE Plus Package (they offer two packages) . I am impressed with the Toyota 8 seat design. One can take the middle seat out and you have two captains chairs and there is a place to store the middle seat in the back of the van when not in use. It looks like with the XLE... one can add most of the options they want. Not sure why one cannot get AWD in the XLE but its not a deal breaker. Neither one of us care for the front end design but again not a deal breaker. The wife liked the back end look of the Sienna and overall design/look.36 mpg highway is a plus. It will be next spring before we purchase but we want to evaluate all the offerings. Catch you all later...

·
Registered
33 Posts
To get the Inverter the the XLE Model ... its the XLE Plus Package and its $3175 ....They have another XLE Plus Package and its $2000 but no inverter. I want to compare the LE to the XLE and see what my price difference is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My wife and I looked at a 21 Sienna yesterday - she wants the 8 passenger seating so the highest model is the XLE. The above models don't offer 8 passenger seating. (AWD Not available in the XLE) We looked at the XLE Plus Package (they offer two packages) . I am impressed with the Toyota 8 seat design. One can take the middle seat out and you have two captains chairs and there is a place to store the middle seat in the back of the van when not in use. It looks like with the XLE... one can add most of the options they want. Not sure why one cannot get AWD in the XLE but its not a deal breaker. Neither one of us care for the front end design but again not a deal breaker. The wife liked the back end look of the Sienna and overall design/look.36 mpg highway is a plus. It will be next spring before we purchase but we want to evaluate all the offerings. Catch you all later...
All models are available with the AWD option. That option is priced differently between models and packages, but it is available.

·
Registered
33 Posts
"All models are available with the AWD option. That option is priced differently between models and packages, but it is available. "

Thanks - I noticed that after I went back but... it looks like AWD is not available with the 8 passenger seating... unless I misread that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
"All models are available with the AWD option. That option is priced differently between models and packages, but it is available. "

Thanks - I noticed that after I went back but... it looks like AWD is not available with the 8 passenger seating... unless I misread that.
Only the le can have both awd and eight passenger. Sienna makes it hard to get options a la carte. I want the 1500 watt outlet on a an le.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts

Discussed in other threads it's suspected to be a weight thing vehicle not to exceed GVWR of 6000lb. Each seat=150lb of passenger and the XLE with AWD and more content than the LE exceeds it.
I too really wanted the Inverter but not enough to justify the cost as I don't care for the other stuff on the XLE enough except the leather. Looking to order an LE AWD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussed in other threads it's suspected to be a weight thing vehicle not to exceed GVWR of 6000lb. Each seat=150lb of passenger and the XLE with AWD and more content than the LE exceeds it.
I too really wanted the Inverter but not enough to justify the cost as I don't care for the other stuff on the XLE enough except the leather. Looking to order an LE AWD.
Funny thing is, I read an early review and they mentioned the inverter as a $300 option, now it seems like about $9000 to get it. Utter BS

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes I forgot...
We are looking at the XLE with 8 passenger seating AWD is not available for that trim...

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium 8 Passengers 🚐
3 Posts
Toyota would get more sales if they fix/modernize their outdated infotainment systems and allow flexibility in options.

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ

·
Registered
157 Posts
Toyota would get more sales if they fix/modernize their outdated infotainment systems and allow flexibility in options.

(╭☞ ಠ ͜つ ಠ )╭☞ r=1+sinθ
One of the reviewers pointed out that the 2021 Sienna only gets a 9 inch infotainment screen even in the Limited trim but the Highlander and Venza have a 12.3 inch infotainment screen in some trims. After looking at pics of the 2021 Kia Carnival interior, I'll definitely be looking at it when it comes to the US next year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Any word on when the 2021 Carnival will be released?
The rumor is the US will get it next year as a 2022 model. It's already available in South Korea. And a recent rumor came out and said it will called the Carnival in the US not the Sedona.

421 - 440 of 443 Posts