Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yikes, if it's bigger than the current gen this thing is going to be the Moby Dick of minivans, at least in terms of size. It's hard enough to park that behemoth in a city parking lot so not sure I would want one. I plan to keep my 3rd gen for a long time anyway but still will be good not to get too tempted by the new gen when it comes out!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am going to guess that it will have very similar trim features as the 2020 Highlander:

I am hoping for at least:
  • LED lighting (all around, outside and in)
  • Ventilated front seats
  • TSS 2.0
  • and the V6 still being an option
Does anyone have inside information as to when we might get more details on the 2021?

·
Registered
40 Posts
More shots of the test mule:
2021 Toyota Sienna caught testing in Death Valley
The author thinks that the SE is shown and is close to completion.
Thanks for posting this and it makes me happy that there might be a SE trim in the next generation Sienna. I just wrote an email Toyota asking them to please offer both SE and XSE trims like the Camry.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I agree - I'm glad that the SE trim will carry on. I just added to the post above to add another link. The second link shows a driver rushing to cover up the van. See pic 9 :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yikes, if it's bigger than the current gen this thing is going to be the Moby Dick of minivans, at least in terms of size. It's hard enough to park that behemoth in a city parking lot so not sure I would want one. I plan to keep my 3rd gen for a long time anyway but still will be good not to get too tempted by the new gen when it comes out!
It’s gonna be great! As a minivan owner, I’ve learned that big is never big enough. I welcome a slightly longer and wider Sienna. I don’t have trouble driving or parking it though (I do not live in a big city).

Can’t wait to see the sheet metal and exact drivetrain options!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking forward to a redesigned Sienna. It is our vehicle of choice as SUVs just don’t cut it. Cramped space and poor handling.

Based on my biases, here is what I don’t want to see:
  • no active noise cancellation, but rather more traditional sound deadening;
  • no auto stop start that can’t be disabled;
  • no CVT;
Things that are a must:
  • remote auto start and app start for the cold climate;
  • good sound deadening;
  • android auto (cmonToyota) and carplay;
  • a v6 engine option;
  • upgraded sound system option with good bass;
  • decent handling suspension (like in the 05 sienna generation);
  • improved engine vibration dampening;
  • lower ground clearance for better handling.
Nice to have:
  • hybrid with v6;
  • slip n grip AWD using electric motors in the rear;
  • adjustable suspension;
  • a clean and modern interior.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Actually the Highlander Hybrid moved to an inline 4 ICE from a V6 on the hybrid, so most likely the Sienna hybrid will sport that same setup.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Actually the Highlander Hybrid moved to an inline 4 ICE from a V6 on the hybrid, so most likely the Sienna hybrid will sport that same setup.
Based on the 2020 Highlander press release and sales brochures for current vehicles it looks like the same 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine is used in the hybrid 2020 Highlander and in the current Camry, Avalon and RAV4 although the power output varies from 176 to 203 HP and total output from the gasoline and electric motors varies between 219 and 240 hp. I assume a hybrid Sienna would get the most power drive train version due to its weight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Interesting video - thanks for sharing it. The camouflaged snout on the '21 Sienna prototype seems to be shaped the same as the '20 Highlander? The instrument panel is very busy and the center console will take some getting used to. The seats look great on the Limited edition. Hopefully they are almost as good on the "lower" models. Looks to be a pretty good redesign overall.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Toyota's vehicle list for the 2019 LA Auto Show is up. An XLE Sienna is shown - it looks like the 2020 version not the refreshed 2021. The wait continues...

Edit: A bit off topic - what exactly is a Tacoma Lifeguard?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Toyota's vehicle list for the 2019 LA Auto Show is up. An XLE Sienna is shown - it looks like the 2020 version not the refreshed 2021. The wait continues...
I believe that is last years list cause the link says “Below is a list of vehicles from the 2018 LA Auto Show. Stay tuned for 2019 vehicles”
I’ve been keeping an eye on this event cause I’ll be there 11/25.

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Somebody with a YouTube channel had a 2019 Sienna video posted which I had commented about the 2021 Sienna and he responded saying that there's a rumor that the 2021 will have a self charging hybrid motor as standard. This sounds possible because according to this article Toyota "will deliver a fleet of hybrid next-generation Sienna minivans to Uber Technologies Inc".

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Saw this Hyundai van that they don't sell in the U.S. called the iMax and I have to say, I wish the 4th gen Sienna had this kind of clean, simple, yet sporty good looks. I suppose it'll be another sperm whale of a minivan though.
That iMax seems whale-like enough since it is over 2 inches longer than the current (2020) gen 3 Sienna - 202.7 inches vs. 200.6 inches.

Specs for the Aussie version are at https://www.hyundai.com/au/en/cars/people-movers-and-commercial/imax

I wouldn't call the review of the Aussie iMax at the following link particularly positive: https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/hyundai-imax-v-kia-carnival-2016-comparison-102064/

81 - 98 of 98 Posts