Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

2021 Sienna confirmed

168K views 459 replies 105 participants last post by  Joshua Tait 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
So redesigned Sienna for 2021. Nice.
And I'd also like to see a hybrid. If they can do it for the Highlander, they can do it for the Sienna. It would help a lot in stop and go driving due to regenerative braking.

Reactions: Tablerocked
#5 ·
I replaced the Sienna I had been driving for a while with an Odyssey last year for these exact reasons. I love the Sienna but they're getting lost in the dust right now from other manufacturers. Toyota's latest re-designs have been looking fantastic, so I'm sure when they show some of that love to the Sienna, it's going to be great. It's just a pity it'll have to wait all the way until 2021 to happen.

#6 ·
I agree that the new Toyo redesigns have been pretty decent. I really hope that they fix the rear suspension and increase clearance so that a hitch doesn't drag. We use the hitch for a bike rack and the darn thing sometimes scrapes the ground on gradual slopes, even when the hitch is not loaded. Grrrrr!

Maybe we'll get lucky and Toyo will create a VAN-SUV (VUV? SAN?) for the family. If only we could get something like this: https://www.drivingline.com/articles/toyotas-4x4-sienna-unveiled/

#7 ·
My ‘11 is STILL the sexiest minivan alive �� and it’s been through years of soccer and band practices, scores of muddy dog paws and multiple road trips across the country. And nothing goes camping quite like a mini.

Any predictions for a “disruptive” van design? Will it retain that honk at me lux-o-barge stance, which I love, or go with a more sharky oversized SUV vibe?

I also loved my ‘01 Dodge Grand Caravan for 10 years but jumped to the Toyota - my first ever non US car - after comparing both at the auto show and realizing the new Dodge wasn’t much like my old one. Along with an uninspiring interior with wimpy stereo head and a powertrain downgrade, they shrunk it and made it all lowered/boxy looking. Dare I say like an early 2010s SUV ?

My next ride will probably not be a mini. But I’ve only got 114k on this one. We may have flying cars by then!

#8 ·
Me too. The lines and fluid interior of my 04 limited are a treat for the eyes. Gen 3s do look good, but everything got more angular looking. Hopefully the Gen4 will be the best yet. The only car I have ever owned that when one was totaled,the replacement HAD to be another 04. Sienna limited. Nothing else would do. I found the replacement a 150 miles from where I live. It was worth the trip.

#11 ·
A TRD Sienna with more ground clearance and a revamped rear suspension that doesn't sag easily! This may be a niche that many automakers are overlooking. I like SUVs but a minivan is so much more versatile for a family. Unfortunately though, it's going to cost an arm and leg if it has the TRD branding.

#12 ·
While we are brain storming and day dreaming for what should be in a TRD Sienna, how about 2 different versions for clients to choose? Everyone has their different wants and needs, so here's my 2 cents worth of day dreaming here LOL

1) Rugged 4x4 TRD Pro Sienna, off road capability, increased ride height/ground clearance/big wheels as mentioned, stronger drive train with low speed lock... like a Land Cruiser in a minivan body.

2) TRD SE Sienna as an upgrade to the SE trim, lower ride height/higher spring rates/stiffer shocks, increase sway bar thickness, add front strut tower bar, more underbody/chassis reinforcements, and need weight reduction, for those who wants the fun factor for the curves and confidants in winding road, an occasional spirited driving smile on the face.

Well, I don't think Toyota would spend all that money but hey, just so much fun even thinking about how to improve on the next gen lol

This post has been deleted
#22 · (Edited)
Let's not forget about the Automotive News article about the Toyota-Uber partnership: https://www.autonews.com/future-product/sienna-hybrids-be-part-av-project

I doubt that Uber would be involved in this partnership if the Sienna was going to turn into a smaller crossover.

Automotive News isn't a "rumor rag". It's a respected auto industry publication with a nearly 100 year history - the hard copy version of it turned up on my office desk for decades.

#24 ·
Not that it necessarily means anything, but last Friday when I mentioned reading the Automotive News article about Toyota supplying 2021 Sienna hybrids to Uber to a Toyota corporate employee who works in marketing, the response was "That is our understanding."

#25 ·
There appears to be evidence that all 2021 Sienna trims will get LED headlights for both low and high beams as standard equipment - assuming the Sienna redesign happens per the Automotive News article.

All Toyota vehicle models that have had recent major redesigns now have LED headlights for both low and high beams on even the least expensive trims ... Corolla, Camry, Avalon, RAV4, Prius, etc.

Many but not all of these new Toyota LED headlight systems have automatic beam leveling. If any Toyota model needs standard beam leveling, Sienna needs it more than most due the way carrying a load can raise the headlight beams from the road.

I suspect we have the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety to thank for recent headlight improvements although Toyota and other car makers have still managed recently to implement awful headlight systems, e.g. 2019 Avalon base trims with reflector based LED headlights rated "Poor" by the IIHS.

IIHS headlight ratings for many vehicles can be viewed at https://www.iihs.org

It is possible that more than one LED headlight system will available on the 2021 Sienna. Toyota is currently reserving projector-based LED, automatic beam leveling and the curve adaptive (steerable) feature for more expensive trims on some models.

I only hope that Toyota doesn't muck up the LED headlights on the 2021 Sienna.

#31 ·
Well, I was considering getting a smokin' deal on the current gen Sienna, but this news has me intrigued. Bigger is better. Taller tires is better. Tow rating of 5,000 pounds would be better. I hope they put a Veilfire front end on it. Historically, Toyota has alternated from round to square designs. In my opinion, the Sienna is currently round. It's time for nice square Veilfire styling. Uber will be using it as an autonomous test vehicle, so that's an interesting twist. Will it have more dramatic international styling?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.