Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got one of those $8 dark grey yoga mats from Walmart like another poster suggested and cut for any gaps. It may not be perfect but easy to use, especially for any large gaps between the slide track and door edges and any place else that looked like it needed to be protected by tucking underneath plastic trim and mats.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am discussing with the seller what may have gone wrong, maybe the LE AWD is different
I bet it was cut to fit vans with spare tire and they just sell the same piece for all vans, even those with just the inflator kit (which has a slightly wider cargo area than those with spare).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some of you guys got free all weather mats? :oops:

I just paid full MSRP plus tax for a XSE $49,000 and have to order the all weather mats for $200 smh:rolleyes:

Whats the difference between the cargo tray and the tri fold cargo liner? i have the 7 passenger XSE and plan to use all the seats

·
Registered
202 Posts
Whats the difference between the cargo tray and the tri fold cargo liner?
Cargo tray covers only the rear cargo area. Trifold liner covers entire rear area up to the 2nd row seats when 3rd seats are stowed in down position.

Go to Toyota dot com, use the build and price tool, select Sienna and jump to the Accessories tab. You’ll see the details and pic for each

·
Registered
202 Posts
Some of you guys got free all weather mats? :oops:

I just paid full MSRP plus tax for a XSE $49,000 and have to order the all weather mats for $200 smh:rolleyes:

Whats the difference between the cargo tray and the tri fold cargo liner? i have the 7 passenger XSE and plan to use all the seats
$220 ....... they were not tossed in on my deal but in past car deals, they were tossed in by the dealer for a little inducement. Not this time around, it was like pulling teeth ....again.
The cargo tray is where the 3rd row seats fold down into......the deep bin in back. The trifold is on top of the third row seats after they are folded away.

·
Premium Member
2021 Sienna LE AWD "Mr. Sparkollz"
129 Posts
I bet it was cut to fit vans with spare tire and they just sell the same piece for all vans, even those with just the inflator kit (which has a slightly wider cargo area than those with spare).
That was my initial thought, too, but the spare tire is on the left, while the gaps are both sides.

Anyway, after 3 unsuccessful attempts I am no longer trying to buy a "Sienna" mat. Looking at a generic mat that is slightly larger than the area it needs to cover, and trim it accordingly.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna LE AWD Hybrid; '04 Sienna LE FWD; '08 RAV4 Limited AWD V6; '07 Camry LE 4 Cyl.
14 Posts
Our 2021 LE 8 passenger came with the Toyota All-Weather matts. Unfortunately, those weren't here when the van was picked up, so the dealer had to order them special.
Our sales person dropped them off at the house one morning - while I was working from home and the wife had the Sienna at her job. The plan was to vacuum the floors before installing the all-weather matts.
Simple plan - clean the car, then put in the matts.

The 2 matts for the driver and passenger side went in with no problem. Piece of cake.
The remaining matts for the second row and 3rd row? Well, let's just say that these were not so inherent as to how to install. The box these came in had no instructions, we didn't see any labeling on the bottom ("this end up front, right side, 3rd row left, etc") to help us install them where they need to go.

Not happy.
And no instructions or videos on Toyota's website to help us tell up from down, left from right.

Before we take these back to the dealer (looking like morons who can't install a stupid car matt), does anybody have instructions on how USA Toyota's OEM All-Weather Black Matts are supposed to be positioned? After reading thru some of these threads, I don't want to damage any of the plastic on the back of the seats just trying to put in the matts.

·
Super Moderator
236 Posts
rjstjohn, do your mats look like the ones shown here?

·
Registered
202 Posts
rjstjohn, do your mats look like the ones shown here?
Probably not since their profile shows US, they got them from the dealer and not off eBay, and the mats in your pic are the Canadian all-weather version. That said, it’s hard to imagine the connection points btw US and Canada versions are really all that different.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE Hybrid (previously 2012 Sienna XLE)
9 Posts
@rjstjohn - a while back @Bigbinger posted theirs. Are these photos helpful to you?

@BEB I will post mine, but you can't make fun of my dark garage or dirty mats (on the plus side, that's all the junk that would be in the carpets, so...)

View attachment 48554
The Floor mat ends after that little circle thing, the stuff behind that is the tri-fold cargo liner in case anybody was interested in where that ends and the floor mats begin.

View attachment 48555
You can see there is no rubber between the door sill and the first little strip of carpet. That carpet is pretty dirty on my daughter's side. Also, there is a gap between the rubber and the seat track, so the carpet there you can see is getting dirt in it. The tracks as well have no protection, so they're getting dirt in them too.

View attachment 48556
Kind of hard to tell from this angle, but the mats have a lip around the edge so they come up nicely on the sides all around, and the foot rest portion on the left is fully covered by the mat.

View attachment 48557
only bummer about the passenger side is that the top right portion of the mat doesn't cover all the carpet up there.

As you can tell I haven't washed them yet, so maybe I'll post another couple of pics once I do. Overall I'm very pleased with them, they don't move around in the back, no clearance issues with the sliding seats (once they've settled down after packaging), and I'm hoping they'll keep my carpets nice. I did wind up buying a set of the carpeted floor mats for the summer, as I didn't think these would be the best in direct sunlight and parking heat. Save the rubber for the slushy winter boots.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So... when weathertech finally dropped theirs, I immediately ordered a set. Well, here they are. They look pretty good on first glance too. Their front end snubs up to the rear of the driver/passenger seats beautifully. They have excellent coverage of that strip that everyone else has so much trouble with. And yet they are a complete disappointment to me. They don’t just limit the seat movement a little bit. They limit it dramatically! The front of the seat track loses approximately 5” and the back loses 15.5” of the track! On top of that, they made it all one piece which sounds like a good idea. However the design further restricts movement due to a seam being “hidden” under the captain’s chairs, which catches every time you slide that seat. If you have two or less kids, and you NEVER have a reason to need access to your third row seats, then weathertech may be your best option. That just isn’t my situation at all.
Thanks for sharing. I was literally at weathertech factory store yesterday in Boilingbrook, IL, and they couldn't tell me how much the rear mats would restrict movement of 2nd row seats, only that they would. I decided not to buy knowing I'd probably be disappointed in the end. No luck scoring window side deflectors or chip guard protector for the hood either. Weathertech just said they're coming soon and could not provide any further updates.

Looks like I might have to take a road trip up to Canada to try and get those Canadian Toyota mats. Anyone reading have that Canadian part number?

·
Registered
2021 Sienna LE AWD Hybrid; '04 Sienna LE FWD; '08 RAV4 Limited AWD V6; '07 Camry LE 4 Cyl.
14 Posts
Our 2021 LE 8 passenger came with the Toyota All-Weather mats. Unfortunately, those weren't here when the van was picked up, so the dealer had to order them special.
Our sales person dropped them off at the house one morning - while I was working from home and the wife had the Sienna at her job. The plan was to vacuum the floors before installing the all-weather mats.
Simple plan - clean the car, then put in the mats.

The 2 mats for the driver and passenger side went in with no problem. Piece of cake.
The remaining mats for the second row and 3rd row? Well, let's just say that these were not so inherent as to how to install. The box these came in had no instructions, we didn't see any labeling on the bottom ("this end up front, right side, 3rd row left, etc") to help us install them where they need to go.

Not happy.
And no instructions or videos on Toyota's website to help us tell up from down, left from right.

Before we take these back to the dealer (looking like morons who can't install a stupid car mat), does anybody have instructions on how USA Toyota's OEM All-Weather Black Mats are supposed to be positioned? After reading thru some of these threads, I don't want to damage any of the plastic on the back of the seats just trying to put in the matts.
Well, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. And I was (I blame trying to install these late in the evening while my wife was saying why isn't this done yet).
Took the van out last night to fill up the tank (second fill-up at 960+ miles!!!). After getting gas, I went around to the trunk where we had put the mats to be installed later. And then I took a good, hard look at them.
Sure enough - labeled clear as day:

Second Row, RH
Second Row, LH 8 passenger
Third Row RH
Third Row LH 8 passenger

I'll post photos some time later, including the labeling on the back. But once you figure out which mat goes where (DUH!), they installed pretty easily.
FYI: The second row LT mat needed some TLC to install to make sure they went smoothly under the plastic front of the seat (and yes, I read everybody's comments about these all weather matts).
Once I did that and took my time (in the daylight!), they went in with no problems at all. Look good. And I anticipate these will hold up better than the carpet mats we had for the 2nd and 3rd row seats for our 2004 Sienna over the long haul!

141 - 155 of 155 Posts