Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current Sienna IIHS safety scores are not good, and my second choice Odyssey has some electronic reliability issues and have to spend $10k more than I like to avoid the plagued 9 speed transmission to get the 10 speed. So we are holding off until next year.

Typically new models are revealed at the Detroit, Chicago, New York, or LA auto shows. Gen 3 2011 Sienna was revealed in Dec 2009 at the LA auto show and went on sale February 2010. Here’s hoping history repeats itself and is available early next year:

LA Auto Show- November 22, 2019
Chicago Auto Show- February 8, 2020
New York Auto Show- April 10, 2020
Detroit (North American)- June 8, 2020

·
Registered
18 Posts
Current thinking point to a production date for the MY2021 Sienna in December 2019 (should be in showrooms in January/Feb 2020) , which would suggest a reveal sometime in Summer or Fall of 2019.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The current Sienna IIHS safety scores are not good, and my second choice Odyssey has some electronic reliability issues and have to spend $10k more than I like to avoid the plagued 9 speed transmission to get the 10 speed. So we are holding off until next year.

Typically new models are revealed at the Detroit, Chicago, New York, or LA auto shows. Gen 3 2011 Sienna was revealed in Dec 2009 at the LA auto show and went on sale February 2010. Here’s hoping history repeats itself and is available early next year:

LA Auto Show- November 22, 2019
Chicago Auto Show- February 8, 2020
New York Auto Show- April 10, 2020
Detroit (North American)- June 8, 2020
Getting closer to November...any news? I’m in the same boat...almost bought an Odyssey a few months ago and waited for the 2020 to be released when the 10 speed was added to all models. Infotainment, transmission and other strange issues and the frequency of lemon law discussions turned me onto the Sienna. I’ve watched the crash test video many, many times comparing to other vehicles and decided I just can’t drive knowing the risk (even if it’s most likely not going to happen)...so I’m waiting for the 2021 with some reservation about buying a first year redesign. It’s been more than a year of researching and It’s getting harder and harder to imagine waiting for 2 more years. Odyssey was just confirmed to get a mid cycle refresh next year as well...but I’m still leaning towards the Sienna for reliability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven’t seen anymore new news when they are going to debut the 2021. I did see that Honda put the 10 speed in all trims but I’m still not as interested. Consumer reports has really beating the Odyssey up on reliability even with the 10 speed it seems. The 2021 Sienna will be all new and will be released sometime next year, I was just hoping for debut at LA in November cause that would likely mean release early next year. The latest we are trying to buy is April next year. I’m going to the LA Auto show on 11/25 since I live in SoCal. Would be great if the 2021 model was there. I’ve also been interested in the Pacifica Hybrid if the 2021 Sienna isnt out by then, but the problems on that forum scare me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My information is that orders for 2020 Siennas will be taken through April 10, 2020. Orders for the next year normally start 2 weeks after the cutoff for the prior year (with start of production a month or 2 later), but this is not available for sure yet. Consequently, I would more likely expect either Chicago or NY as the debut for the 2021.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My information is that orders for 2020 Siennas will be taken through April 10, 2020. Orders for the next year normally start 2 weeks after the cutoff for the prior year (with start of production a month or 2 later), but this is not available for sure yet. Consequently, I would more likely expect either Chicago or NY as the debut for the 2021.
Thanks for the info. I think I seen in another thread someone stated May 2020. I agree it would be more likely to debut at Chicago or NY under that assumption.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven’t seen anymore new news when they are going to debut the 2021. I did see that Honda put the 10 speed in all trims but I’m still not as interested. Consumer reports has really beating the Odyssey up on reliability even with the 10 speed it seems. The 2021 Sienna will be all new and will be released sometime next year, I was just hoping for debut at LA in November cause that would likely mean release early next year. The latest we are trying to buy is April next year. I’m going to the LA Auto show on 11/25 since I live in SoCal. Would be great if the 2021 model was there. I’ve also been interested in the Pacifica Hybrid if the 2021 Sienna isnt out by then, but the problems on that forum scare me.
Awesome! Please post if you see it there! Car and Driver and other sources are saying it will be out late next year...Spring would be way better if it happens to come sooner. I also looked at the Pacifica (non-hybrid) and seriously considered buying one but joined the forum and read enough to know that it has a lot of problems. Owners of both the Odyssey and Pacifica said don’t get one (the newest models of both). I’m really wary of a Chrysler product and the hybrids are supposed to be more prone to problems especially compared to Toyota.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts