Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I’m happy I got these! I’ve run these before on a 2013 Prius V which allowed me to tow a camping trailer so I knew they would work but I wasn’t sure about the fitment advertised on Firestone’s website since they say these same air springs were also compatible on previous generation Siennas.

These are the Firestone Coil-Rite 4155s
Installed by RhinoPro Truck Outfitters in Phoenix, AZ.
These were out of stock on etrailer.com but I found them available on Amazon.com
It’s raining right now so I haven’t played with the air pressure yet to get it sitting quite level hence why the rear is higher then the front.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
153 Posts
@Devinkalt - We have been waiting for a 2021 version of these.

Can you share Amazon link and cost from your mechanic to install?

Thanks for the great pics!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice! I had airbag helpers installed on my gen 2 Sienna and they made a huge difference, especially with old saggy springs.
I initially installed mine with separate valves, like how you have yours set up, thinking that it would be easier to diagnose in case I had a leak.

I ended up adding a T-valve to tie them in together
  • It auto balances the pressure
  • In case of a failure, they both go out instead of having one inflated and one flat making handling all wonky
  • Some air compressors really pump out air. Since these things are so small and stretchy, I had filled one from 20 psi to 60 psi before the air pressure gauge even moved.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can someone confirm / explain why the rear suspension is different for AWD? This is a picture of my rear right coil spring. As you can see, there is something in the middle of the coil. It seem to be a stopper. @Devinkalt, can you confirm that you don't have this so you can install the air bag?
Wheel Automotive tire Idiophone Musical instrument Tire

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Lex @MrJohn I bought the CSS-1168 SumoSprings from the manufacturer's website during their Black Friday sale for ~$130 and installed them on my FWD recently. They fit without overlapping, so there was no excess (1"+) to trim, thankfully. It wasn't fun getting them on, but it wasn't too bad. I'll try to report back in a new post after an upcoming road trip (fully loaded) with install instructions/photos and observations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got the Firestone Coil-Rite set up for our 2013 Sienna. I got the bags in yesterday, after a couple of hours of trying. It took me so long as I had to figure out how to safely get the van up, and then figure out how to get the bag into the spring. One side took most of the time and was the test dummy so to speak. The second side was quicker. I did remove the shocks to allow the springs to open up more. So just the bags in, now I need to figure out how I want to route the tubing and mount the air supply valve. I was thinking of mounting it in the fuel door. There aren't enough videos or pictures of how the tubing runs under the vehicle; I'm a very visual learner. I was hoping to try to figure it out today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
@Lex @MrJohn I bought the CSS-1168 SumoSprings from the manufacturer's website during their Black Friday sale for ~$130 and installed them on my FWD recently. They fit without overlapping, so there was no excess (1"+) to trim, thankfully. It wasn't fun getting them on, but it wasn't too bad. I'll try to report back in a new post after an upcoming road trip (fully loaded) with install instructions/photos and observations.
Have you returned from your road trip yet, or if not have any comments on the everyday driving with the sumos installed?

·
Registered
195 Posts
These Sumosprings sound like a good idea. I've never heard of them. I think I'll install a set when the van arrives. Should be helpful when lugging around 70lb worth of mountain bikes on the rack.

I'm even tempted to get a set for my current suv.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts