Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just saw that the mid row seats in the 2021 Sienna wont be removable due to the airbags being in the seats?
Not great for campers wanting to do a van build.
Oh Boy.
Since 1999, I’ve had three Siennas and camped in all of them. I’ve also hauled all sorts of stuff in them. Not having removable seats is a total deal breaker. I’ve never even considered any other minivan. The people I’ve known who’ve had Hondas had major mechanical problems. If you look at all the minivans on the highway, you’ll probably see lots of G1 and G2 Siennas. You won’t see too many old Odysseys. The size of the Stow and Go seats in the Chrysler is fine for a small child, but is way too small for an average sized adult. Please, Toyota, fix the middle seats!

Reactions: paul r

·
Registered
13 Posts
ah thank you. Not sure where I heard my explanation from. That is interesting about gross weight classification. I had to look this up. It appears a class I light duty vehicle is <6,000 lb GVWR and the 2020 Sienna is rated at 5,995 lb. Seems like your explanation makes sense. The 2020 Mercedes Metris passenger appears to be a class II at 6,614 GVWR. The spare tire due to driveshaft I believe stands true.

Hopefully the eAWD and other lightening materials used like plastic third row frame will lower the weight to allow 8 passenger + AWD.
What the big deal anyway if it becomes a class II. Same Class as F-150, Titan. Same license. Why does it matter? And again, it’s max weight with cargo. So why not dial that down a bit. Just a nominal difference. Also see other tread on PHEV Sienna: how will they fit a battery under that weight limit even if 7 seater and lighter future batteries?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts