Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

221 - 240 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
$1,200 off Fwd limited in Bay Area. I think it was $50,500 with all the options (entertainment, inverter, mats, red color), then out the door after all the $1000 cash back, taxes, and fees was $53,100

·
Registered
81 Posts
Toyota SF- Mason was our salesman

2021 XLE FWD with entertainment pkg and plus pkg
MSRP $44860
Discount to 42617
Rebate$1000
Trade in $13000
Total 33,268.69 OTD

This was the best discount we got.

We were there for the Platinum- $3700 off. But it was sold right before our eyes. Ended up settling for XLE- as there aren’t many cars with entertainment pkg.

I do want to comment on Toyota Dublin- before we signed the paperwork. I called them on the exact same cypress platinum. They told me all they can do is $500 off plus rebate. That this platinum is not the right car for me to ask (given I told them I was looking to match Toyota SF). They proceed to hang up on me. They then called me back 3 minutes later offering $1200 off plus rebate. We would have gladly paid $1500 more for the platinum. But their attitude and not offering the $1200 from get go. Seal the deal at SF.

I have bought hard to get 991.2 Turbo S (due to arrive in May). No one dear to say a $52k minivan is not the right car for me and hang up on me.

It’s a damn van not semi exotic car. That attitude sucked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
XLE AWD with Entertainment and Spare Tire which was only one with these options in my area in a 100 miles plus radius that I could find (crossbars and other minor things included but not really that significant to us).

$3,400 off of MSRP and got the $1k rebate. Satisfied with this since live in North NJ (pretty high cost of living) and slim pickings on deals around here at this time and hard to find van with the options we wanted (and exterior color - black). Was strongly considering the Platinum at another dealer but they would only come $500 off MSRP so the gap was too much to justify the spend for us (probably a smart move on their part because very few AWD Platinum vans around here). Only thing we would really, really like to have on the XLE vs. Platinum was the darker color interior (not sure why only light colors to choose from with so many mini-van owners having kids). We really like how the back of the XLE looks in black vs. the back of the Platinum - in our opinion the black lettering on XLE looks sleeker then the silver lettering on Platinum which seemed pretty gaudy to us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trim: Platinum
FWD or AWD: AWD
MSRP: $51,855 (includes $1,175 delivery processing/handling)
Negotiated Price: $46,930
Price Paid (out of the door): $50,756 (includes TTL and $250 doc fee)
Add-ons (if any): All weather floor mats
Exterior Color: Blueprint
Interior Color: Noble Brown
Date Purchased: 1/24/2021
City: Columbus
State: OH

Very happy with $4,925 under MSRP as the inventory on the Platinum AWD combo has been extremely limited. I didn't want the rear entertainment package either, as I'd rather give each of the kids their own tablets and not fight over what to watch, which further limited the options. I initially wanted the spare tire option, but there were no Platinum+AWD+spare tire vehicles within 500 miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Toyota SF- Mason was our salesman

2021 XLE FWD with entertainment pkg and plus pkg
MSRP $44860
Discount to 42617
Rebate$1000
Trade in $13000
Total 33,268.69 OTD

This was the best discount we got.

We were there for the Platinum- $3700 off. But it was sold right before our eyes. Ended up settling for XLE- as there aren’t many cars with entertainment pkg.

I do want to comment on Toyota Dublin- before we signed the paperwork. I called them on the exact same cypress platinum. They told me all they can do is $500 off plus rebate. That this platinum is not the right car for me to ask (given I told them I was looking to match Toyota SF). They proceed to hang up on me. They then called me back 3 minutes later offering $1200 off plus rebate. We would have gladly paid $1500 more for the platinum. But their attitude and not offering the $1200 from get go. Seal the deal at SF.

I have bought hard to get 991.2 Turbo S (due to arrive in May). No one dear to say a $52k minivan is not the right car for me and hang up on me.

It’s a damn van not semi exotic car. That attitude sucked.

View attachment 48621
i live in the bayarea i know why salesman at toyota are like lol ! since there isnt many of choices and inventory in our region right now they think they are selling their minivans like a GT3 for hard to get ! as you said its a minivan i rather wait and honestly i dont think it worth 50K more like 35K is fair since its a toyota

·
Registered
97 Posts
Xse with other options including inverter. 45 and change msrp. Paid 40 and change. With la county tax paid just below msrp otd. Had just over 1k mile on odometer when I picked up
Thats excellent, unfortunately for me, wanting a specific color, plus package, spare, and AWD gets me a max $1000 off in SoCal

I have seen up to $3k off outside of CA but the transport costs makes it not worth it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: XLE
FWD or AWD: FWD
Price Paid (base + destination): $36,975
Trade = $9,000; taxable amount $27,975
Price Paid (out of the door): $39,163
Add-ons (if any): roof rails
Exterior Color: Red
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: 2/5/21
City:Houston
State:TX

The dealer told me the van is still en route to the Distributor in Houston, a couple weeks out. That created an opportunity to add only the add-ons that we wanted, which were pretty minimal...roof rails only. Apparently the usual way it works is the distributor AND the dealer add various options; by the time it hits the dealer lot you are stuck with whatever they decide it should have. This other route was great for us, we were ok waiting a couple weeks to get what we wanted, but didn’t want to order one and wait months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nickname: Beskar (dark grey, safest car on the road, I thought it a fitting name to place my Mandalorians)
Trim: XLE
FWD or AWD: AWD
Price Paid (base + destination):
Base: $41,750
Delivery: $1,175
Options: $370
Taxes (5.6%): $2338
Rebate: -$1000
Total before cutting final deal: $42.458
Price Paid (out of the door): $41,000 + ext warrantee
Add-ons (if any): Roof Rails, all weather matts priced above
Exterior Color: Pre-Dawn Grey
Interior Color: Graphite
Date Purchased: 2/5/21
City: Milwaukee
State: WI

We had just bought a Rav4 SXE two weeks ago so we got a better discount on the Sienna. I'm looking forward to the road trips and learning about which kids are good/bad to hang out with as we volunteer to drive kids everywhere. Hope to see some cool mods and am happy to help a fellow yota nut where I can. Pics coming once temps get above 0 for more than a week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in Central NJ. I started the buying process through Costco and ended up at a dead-end with a dealer in PA. Did a Test-Drive at a dealer in NJ that had a 2021 I could drive so I could be sure I even wanted the Hybrid. That dealer offered me a whole $500 off but didn't have what I wanted. (Limited with no options other than the floor mats). Xmas Eve I visited a dealer north of me to get the actual Costco Price which was about 5% off MSRP. They were supposed to be "preferencing" a car to be built for me because it was "impossible" to find a Sienna at the Platinum or Limited trim level without the Entertainment system. I got the run around for weeks about when he could get me "proof of preferencing". The dealer where I did the test drive with called - said he had the car I wanted. I told him he had to meet the 5% Costco price. This dealer works with TrueCar pricing through AAA or AARP. We did some back and forth on the fees to try to get them more inline with what I had from the Xmas Eve dealer. Picked the car up two weeks ago. I didn't take the extra $1000 off and opted for a loan of $20k.... hoping to do better than 1.9% in the stock market ;-)

Here are the actuals for the two dealers - I ended up with the Limited.

·
Registered
14 Posts
7. I don't know why anyone would forgo an AWD minivan like this for an SUV, specially with kids.
Everyone that sees mine says "It looks like an SUV"! If you look at a picture of a Sienna and Highlander side by side there is very little difference!

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
67 Posts
Everyone that sees mine says "It looks like an SUV"! If you look at a picture of a Sienna and Highlander side by side there is very little difference!

Agreed!

For one reason and the other, we just got our first minivan and our oldest one is already over 10. I am glad it turned out that way since Gen 4 has dramatic updates to looks and underpinnings. (Not that there is anything wrong with previous Generations. Just the "Recent" buyer thing ;) )

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't tell anyone but I don't even have kids! Bought my 1st Sienna in 2011 when I learned that they were easier for aging Great Danes to get in and out of. I traded in the 2011 for an AWD in 2013 when I couldn't get up my driveway with a dusting of snow. My friends love that I have the van for any of our road trips but nobody wants to be the van owner but me... I will say I have sparked interest in at least one single friend - We had two Great Swiss Mountain Dogs and a Great Dane behind the 2nd row comfortable for people and dogs in the 2013. Now that she has seen the look of the 2021 she is intrigued. She will most likely look for a reseal within a year of two....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Seems like I overpaid for mine. Oh well. Just picked up a 2021 XLE Plus and paid $43k before tax/tag/title. MSRP on this one was 44,700.

Florida - land of the insane doc fees.
I had a Florida car salesman tell me yesterday that the fees they charge (not sales tax) for a used car, $800+$300+$150 go to the state of florida. I called him a liar and walked out. Serious question, between the florida dealer fees and the high warranty prices, where is the best place for a Florida resident to buy a new or used car?

221 - 240 of 276 Posts