Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

241 - 260 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a Florida car salesman tell me yesterday that the fees they charge (not sales tax) for a used car, $800+$300+$150 go to the state of florida. I called him a liar and walked out. Serious question, between the florida dealer fees and the high warranty prices, where is the best place for a Florida resident to buy a new or used car?
This is the 3rd car I've bought in Florida, 2nd new car. In 2015 I bought a 2016 infiniti and negotiating was not really a problem..just had to call them on their bullshit fees and walk out once. They tried to charge $800 for nitro/wheel locks/floor mats 🤣 🤣 wiped that fee completely and got them to cut their outrageous doc fee in half, on top of coming down on the price all said and done. They hosed me on my trade a bit but they gotta make money somehow.

My 2nd purchase was a used CPO from an automation dealership, so no-haggle pricing. It was priced decently for its condition/mileage/CPO. probably wasn't the best deal around but it was easy so I paid their offered price. Worked out, worst case paid a little more than necessary.

Overall at this point in life I think im done chasing the deals. I'll pay what I think the car is worth and if the dealer is in the ballpark, I'll make the deal even if I couldn't squeeze every last hundred out of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do want to comment on Toyota Dublin- before we signed the paperwork. I called them on the exact same cypress platinum. They told me all they can do is $500 off plus rebate. That this platinum is not the right car for me to ask (given I told them I was looking to match Toyota SF). They proceed to hang up on me. They then called me back 3 minutes later offering $1200 off plus rebate. We would have gladly paid $1500 more for the platinum. But their attitude and not offering the $1200 from get go. Seal the deal at SF.
Several years ago, the salesmen at Dublin Toyota refused to let me test drive a Highlander simply because I was also planning on test driving an Explorer and a Sorento. They are jerks at best. People at Livermore Toyota are far more reasonable.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Seems like I overpaid for mine. Oh well. Just picked up a 2021 XLE Plus and paid $43k before tax/tag/title. MSRP on this one was 44,700.

Florida - land of the insane doc fees.
$1700 off msrp is better than most dealers in Southern California

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are going to pick up an 2021 XLE today with roof rails & spare tire for $38,700 OTD (in Maryland area). The MSRP was $41500 but that includes some junk that is not clearly useful, like floor liners and alloy wheel locks.

Seems like a good price, we focused really only on price so didn't pick color, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are going to pick up an 2021 XLE today with roof rails & spare tire for $38,700 OTD (in Maryland area). The MSRP was $41500 but that includes some junk that is not clearly useful, like floor liners and alloy wheel locks.

Seems like a good price, we focused really only on price so didn't pick color, etc.
Wow 38,700 otd
Is it awd?

·
Registered
1 Posts
South Florida 2021 Sienna XLE FWD 8 seats black ext. beige int.
options:roof rail$150, spare tire$75, carpet floormat $399(I will have to buy all weather floormat later, it rains a lot here in south florida), ToyoGuard( 2 oil changes and 4 tire rotations at any toyota dealer in additional to the ToyoCare, roadside assistance and rental car assistance, exterior paint sealant and interior protector $699, this is added by the southeast toyota distributor).
sale tax is about 6% here
new tag
no trade-in
OTD $39000
2.45% for 60 months.(Could have fought for 1.99% but decided to give the dealer some margin)

There are many dealerships quoted around 41k, 43k and 47k for the same van, which is crazy. I told them, I have a quote at $39000 and they won't believe it. Said it's not gonna happen anywhere. It's all BS. The sticker price with markup on the van I got is 47.5K plus tax and fees, which might come out to be around 52k.

I am telling you guys, don't pay more than 39k OTD. If you want the best price, you have to be patient, shop around via email and text. DO NOT WALK IN, you will end up spending hours with sales then finance manager, if not a whole day. Some salesman are just full of BS but some are very striaght forward. I did it all online and have the sales deliver it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are in NE Ohio looking for an AWD LE with factory roof rails & it needs to be green to be eligible for my wife’s work to contribute to monthly payments. The dealer found one to be delivered nearby with an MSRP of $38,345 & they said they would sell it for $36,180 + tax & fees. Will this be as good as I can do because of my lack of flexibility? I was hoping to get at least another $1000 off. Lastly, will Costco or TrueCar be any better & will I be able to specify color & the roof rack?

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
67 Posts
We are in NE Ohio looking for an AWD LE with factory roof rails & it needs to be green to be eligible for my wife’s work to contribute to monthly payments. The dealer found one to be delivered nearby with an MSRP of $38,345 & they said they would sell it for $36,180 + tax & fees. Will this be as good as I can do because of my lack of flexibility? I was hoping to get at least another $1000 off. Lastly, will Costco or TrueCar be any better & will I be able to specify color & the roof rack?

One above in our area - DC, appears to be around the same MSRP and features. They are advertising it at $35170. In my few emails to this dealership earlier, they were quoting me higher than all others in the area. If they can offer this price in DC area, I am sure you can expect that anywhere else in the country.

However, no one has ever benefitted from my advice so take my suggestions very lightly ;)

On a different not, I recently saw this dealership's available units across their 4 locations rise to over 200 units. They were hanging around 120-150 for last month or so. Looks like Toyota might be getting good at producing these, and prices might be coming down even more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow 38,700 otd
Is it awd?
No just FWD. Concur with earlier post about emailing dealers and asking for low OTD price. We started at $38,500 and nobody agreed, but then offered $39,000 OTD, lots wrote back and said "With DC fees you are looking at $42k" but one dealer siad "we can do this for $38,700" and we were all set. We didn't have trade-in or need financing so it was easier for us to focus just on the OTD price.

Here's a pretty useful guide, in my opinion:

·
Registered
6 Posts

Sounds like a great deal! What dealership did you use?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What are people getting on XSE AWDs in California? The salesperson say it’s the most in demand model🤷🏽‍♂️
I'm also looking and in california. So far got two quotes $43,463 and $44,454 both after rebate. I'm wondering if I need to look at XLE, dealers didn't really have the XSE AWD in stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Configuration: XLE, 8 passenger, FWD
Options/Accessories: roof rails, spare tire, all weather liners, cargo tray, wheel locks, rear bumper applique
Fees: TTL $2587, dealer doc $500
Incentives: $1000 February Toyota rebate
OTD: $38,924
Dealer: Darcars Silver Spring, MD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Put a $500 deposit on Platinum AWD with five week delivery (mid-March 2021). Salesman has sold us several Hondas when working for them. He moved to Toyota in 2019. His quote: $50,460 Base Price. Add $4,377 for dealer installed accessories ($199 Crossbars, $399 All WX Floor Mats, $199 Mudguards, $75 Temporary Spare Tire, $1,415 Rear Seat Entertainment System, $200 Digital Rear View Mirror w/Homelink, $419 Clear Paint Protection - Full Hood Pkg, $300 for 1500w Inverter, $699 TOTOGUARD Platinum, and $73 Phone & Cable Charge Pkg). Plus $1,175 Delivery Processing and Handling, $699 Doc/Title Fee, $1,534 NC Hwy Tax, and $107 tags. Out The Door Price = $53,462. I'm very happy with this price for a hard to find Platinum AWD!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Put a $500 deposit on Platinum AWD with five week delivery (mid-March 2021). Salesman has sold us several Hondas when working for them. He moved to Toyota in 2019. His quote: $50,460 Base Price. Add $4,377 for dealer installed accessories ($199 Crossbars, $399 All WX Floor Mats, $199 Mudguards, $75 Temporary Spare Tire, $1,415 Rear Seat Entertainment System, $200 Digital Rear View Mirror w/Homelink, $419 Clear Paint Protection - Full Hood Pkg, $300 for 1500w Inverter, $699 TOTOGUARD Platinum, and $73 Phone & Cable Charge Pkg). Plus $1,175 Delivery Processing and Handling, $699 Doc/Title Fee, $1,534 NC Hwy Tax, and $107 tags. Out The Door Price = $53,462. I'm very happy with this price for a hard to find Platinum AWD!!
it’s more like 5 months to production. How did you get 5 weeks? Some of those accessoried seem overpriced unless they are not OEM. For instance the all weather floor mats are 220 (factory installed). Clear paint protection? No thanks. Phone and cable pkg?? I’m confused. Maybe this is all reasonable if installed by dealer, but it seems odd.

241 - 260 of 275 Posts