Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
2021 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD, Blizzard Pearl, XLE Plus Package, Special Color, Spare Tire, All Weather Floor Liners, First Aid Kit, Body Side Moldings.

Vehicle Base Model: $41,750
Total Packages: $2,954
Delivery Processing & Handling: $1,175
TOTAL MSRP: $45,879

Dealer is offering a $1,879 discount along with $1500 rebate, so subtotal before taxes and fees $42,500. They are adding on theft assistance for $299 (we don't want, but they aren't taking it off), Delivery and Handling charge $599, Filing Fee $27.20.

Is this a good deal? Should I negotiate any of the fees? Should I ask for more off? What do you all think? We're in the Southwest.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked up an XSE AWD in silver, with spare tire, Plus package, cross bars, and mud guards. Dealer added window etching (security feature) + under the door handle vinyl protection package as well, which I negotiated to only pay for 1 of the two (they wanted $595 for each) since I wasn't keen on paying their price for a $20 Amazon DIY kit.

Cash price: $45,879
Docs: $85
License/reg: $597.75
Dealer extra add on: $595
Tax: $3,375
Mfg Rebate: $1,000

Ended up being just around $49,500 OTD. They gave us $3,200 for a 2010 Prius with 160K miles which we took so we wouldn't have to worry about a private sale with COVID. All of it was done over email/text over a few days, and then they drove the car to our home, we signed a few pieces of paper, and then they drove away the Prius! A very pleasant experience.

Not a smashing deal like others have gotten, but as others have noted, the XSE AWD seems to be hard to come across, and we were pretty set on that model. Had seen other dealers in our area marking them up with a "market adjustment" of up to $5K given high demand, so was ready to pay MSRP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2021 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD, Blizzard Pearl, XLE Plus Package, Special Color, Spare Tire, All Weather Floor Liners, First Aid Kit, Body Side Moldings.

Dealer is offering a $1,879 discount along with $1500 rebate, so subtotal before taxes and fees $42,500. They are adding on theft assistance for $299 (we don't want, but they aren't taking it off), Delivery and Handling charge $599, Filing Fee $27.20.

Is this a good deal? Should I negotiate any of the fees? Should I ask for more off? What do you all think? We're in the Southwest.

Thanks!
Have you checked with more than dealer to compare?

I agree I wouldn't pay the $299 anti theft thing. I'd also call their BS on the the $599 "Delivery and Handling" charge...you're already paying for that in the $1175 charge included in the MSRP. If they won't just remove those items because they "have to charge everyone that" then I'd say fine leave them but lower the vehicle price. Of course all of this depends on how badly you need the vehicle. Gotta be willing to walk away to negotiate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you checked with more than dealer to compare?

I agree I wouldn't pay the $299 anti theft thing. I'd also call their BS on the the $599 "Delivery and Handling" charge...you're already paying for that in the $1175 charge included in the MSRP. If they won't just remove those items because they "have to charge everyone that" then I'd say fine leave them but lower the vehicle price. Of course all of this depends on how badly you need the vehicle. Gotta be willing to walk away to negotiate.
Thanks! We are in no rush to buy, so it's easy for us to walk away. I have been checking with dealers, but not a lot have the roof rails (or XLE plus), which we need. And a lot of them are saying that they don't have much flexibility with pricing because the Sienna is so popular.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE AWD
9 Posts
Charlotte area (Potential buy) (trade in not factored as of now)

XLE 7 passenger blueprint, ea10 interior, roof racks, spare tire, all weather mats

View attachment 48819
is the dealership not charging you anything for the cross bars, and all weather mats? With the MSRP of 42,248 I am guessing it's AWD? If so that does not look bad

·
Registered
6 Posts
is the dealership not charging you anything for the cross bars, and all weather mats? With the MSRP of 42,248 I am guessing it's AWD? If so that does not look bad
The Spec Sheet says carpet mats, but all weather were a must. It's a FWD

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
67 Posts

Thanks!
Seems reasonable to me. IMHO, improving upon this will take another level negotiation skills. New Sienna is expected to easily last 12-15 years. If it the one you like in terms of colors and other features, might not be a bad idea to seriously consider.

(I gave up easily.... they sell 10 cars a day, I buy 1 car every 10 years. There's no way I am going to beat them. Might as well get an extra a month or two worth use out of it by getting it now. )

·
Registered
97 Posts
Adding a data point for Northern California (Sacramento Area):

2021 Toyota Sienna XSE, XSE Plus Package, Carpet Mats
MSRP: $44,695
Sale Price: $42,395
With TTL: $47,000 OTD
Thats pretty good for California! I reached out to an out of state dealer and they were shocked how high our taxes were. LOL but also 😔

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm also looking and in california. So far got two quotes $43,463 and $44,454 both after rebate. I'm wondering if I need to look at XLE, dealers didn't really have the XSE AWD in stock.
Don't have them here in AZ, either. Dealer reserved one on order for me, so I'm waiting for it to come from the factory in a month. Put down $500 earnest money to reserve it here in the Phoenix area.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Adding a data point for Northern California (Sacramento Area):

2021 Toyota Sienna XSE, XSE Plus Package, Carpet Mats
MSRP: $44,695
Sale Price: $42,395
With TTL: $47,000 OTD
Where did the incentive come into play? Is that included in the $2,300 discount? So 1,300 dealership discount plus $1,000 incentive?

261 - 276 of 276 Posts