Here in Seattle area is the same. My salesman told me they sold 20+ last week.Most dealerships across the country only had their inventory for no more than a few weeks. Here in NY, it's only been a week. I'm sure once the delivery start rolling in the picking will be much better
Maybe 20 includes the orders they placed on behalf of their customers. But this dealer got 4 on the 11th while other Toyota dealers in the area got none.That must have been a really really big dealership to even get an allotment of 20 new siennas. I’ve been checking all the dealerships over the country through autotrader and only seen a few with such a large amount. But they still have a good majority of them in stock.
you can order whatever combo you want through any dealership. If you can wait a couple of months order it now from the dealer that gives you the best price.As long as you are not in CA you can probably get 2k off msrp (at least). The $750 cash back will likely be different by the time the car is ready, so be prepared for that (might be more cash back).I posted this in the "shopping, test driving and service" forum. I hope it is okay to post here as well as I would be interested in what you all think.
I recently decided it might be fun to get into van camping and saw that the Sienna is commonly used for camper conversions. I'm not planning on any extreme build-outs or anything; just enough for a comfortable mattress/sleeping area, some storage perhaps.
I saw on the local dealer's website that they have a 2021 LE AWD listed in inventory. I went there today to check it out and it turns out that it is in-transit so they don't have it on their lot yet. It is the only LE AWD available in the immediate area (there is another which is also in-transit, but that dealer is 28 miles away, and would involve driving through a good bit of traffic and is in a different state). The sales guy gave me a price of $36,497, and after taxes etc it is $39,250 out the door (after the $750 Toyota Cash). It has the tow hitch receiver option and all-weather floor mats, neither of which I care for. It isn't my first choice of color (silver metallic). He said if I gave them a check for $1000 they would hold the check and mark the car as "sold" so when it comes in I would have first crack at it.
I guess technically that isn't buying it "sight unseen" but I am undecided as to what to do. Options I don't want, some options I'd rather have (at $225 why aren't there more with the roof rails and spare tire?), and not my first color choice. But will there ever be that combo available? Is this the best time to buy, being end of year and with Toyota Cash? And then the website shows MSRP minus the "dealer discount" and the Toyota Cash getting the price down to $35,750. The printout I was given shows a marketing fee of around $650 and $10 for the gas they put in it. That seems odd, asking me to pay that. Those two things make up most of the $750-ish price difference. I think the rest might be "negotiable documentation fee."
I am thinking I will call in the morning to see what is up with the price discrepancy between the two numbers. I don't think it would hurt to have them hold my check until it comes in. I'm just not sure if now is the time. I don't need it now. I wonder what you all think of this situation. Buy? Wait? Ugh!