Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

541 - 560 of 608 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I would definitely be willing to go out of state for $3k+ savings.

jsco17 or others, what was your process to negotiate an out of state deal? Did you do everything over email/phone and just arrive to sign the paperwork? How about financing?
We used cars.com to find all cars within a 250 mile radius that met what we wanted. We then emailed each dealership and tried to get each one to “play ball”. Some did. Some didn’t. We were very upfront with each dealer that we were talking to many dealers and were simply going to go with the best price. When we got a price, we went back to each dealer and gave them a chance to beat it. We kept doing that until we got the lowest.
Process has been very similar to buying a car in state. Most of the paperwork is electronic these days anyway. We have a few things left to sign when we pick it up next week, but 90% is done already.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE AWD +pkg, 2013 Prius III Solar pkg, 2003 4Runner SR5 V8 Tow pkg
30 Posts
That's all wheel drive I hope? Paid less than that for xle awd with the plus package

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Wow where and when? I'm in CA and shopping around the whole damn state. $1249 discount from the dealer was the best I found. Even worse, couldn't even find any XLEs to sit inside.

·
Registered
42 Posts
About a week ago. Ira Toyota in Danvers Massachusetts. It was 40,684 plus 495 doc fee. XLE AWD with plus, all weather floor liners, mudguards, spare tire, and wheel locks. Drove 93 miles for it. No one here in Maine would match it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We used cars.com to find all cars within a 250 mile radius that met what we wanted. We then emailed each dealership and tried to get each one to “play ball”. Some did. Some didn’t. We were very upfront with each dealer that we were talking to many dealers and were simply going to go with the best price. When we got a price, we went back to each dealer and gave them a chance to beat it. We kept doing that until we got the lowest.
Process has been very similar to buying a car in state. Most of the paperwork is electronic these days anyway. We have a few things left to sign when we pick it up next week, but 90% is done already.
I just remembered this car is 50 state emission certified. Never thought of buying out of state bc of California's crazy emissions laws and fees.
About a week ago. Ira Toyota in Danvers Massachusetts. It was 40,684 plus 495 doc fee. XLE AWD with plus, all weather floor liners, mudguards, spare tire, and wheel locks. Drove 93 miles for it. No one here in Maine would match it.

that's a good deal. I wonder if it has to do with region. Here dealers know no one is getting em so no need to be aggressive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Double check with your dealer that $1500 is still applicable at time of delivery? Bc the event ends on May 3rd. I am in a similar situation to you, although mine does not come in until around early June and I was told it would not apply as it is a Toyota offer and not a dealership offer which follows the time of offer period.
I made the deposit in March and took delivery in April. You are right. We didn’t finalize the incentives until the 1st of the month of delivery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We started looking at the Sienna when we realized the hybrid technology (we were formerly Ody owners), a couple weeks before we actually bought. In those two weeks, I also got a feel that there was very little inventory when I couldn’t even find one on a lot to test drive. We are in SoCal. I was able to test drive one in San Diego over spring break. I was very particular with what I wanted. 8 passenger XLE basic package FWD in grey. When I found one, we jumped on an OTD price that we could live with, dealer discount $1568 and rebate $1500. I know the discount was not great, but considering the low inventory, specificity of what I wanted, and we needed to replace a vehicle right away. I actually found a XSE at a better discount, but couldn’t get past the honeycomb grill (personal preference). I also looked for inventory up and down CA, and also explored buying in AZ, but it seemed like savings would have been lost once I registered the car in CA (taxes) and delivery.

Two weeks into ownership, we love that it has already saved us a trip to the gas station, and we still have about 200 miles in range! Handling on this car is much better than when we test drove the 2019 Sienna. However, we did feel like we were puttering up hills when we were looking for parking at the South Bay beaches last weekend. Good thing most of our regular driving is pretty flat... still a lot to learn about this car, that’s why I am here!

·
Registered
42 Posts
We started looking at the Sienna when we realized the hybrid technology (we were formerly Ody owners), a couple weeks before we actually bought. In those two weeks, I also got a feel that there was very little inventory when I couldn’t even find one on a lot to test drive. We are in SoCal. I was able to test drive one in San Diego over spring break. I was very particular with what I wanted. 8 passenger XLE basic package FWD in grey. When I found one, we jumped on an OTD price that we could live with, dealer discount $1568 and rebate $1500. I know the discount was not great, but considering the low inventory, specificity of what I wanted, and we needed to replace a vehicle right away. I actually found a XSE at a better discount, but couldn’t get past the honeycomb grill (personal preference). I also looked for inventory up and down CA, and also explored buying in AZ, but it seemed like savings would have been lost once I registered the car in CA (taxes) and delivery.

Two weeks into ownership, we love that it has already saved us a trip to the gas station, and we still have about 200 miles in range! Handling on this car is much better than when we test drove the 2019 Sienna. However, we did feel like we were puttering up hills when we were looking for parking at the South Bay beaches last weekend. Good thing most of our regular driving is pretty flat... still a lot to learn about this car, that’s why I am here!
From the sound of this rather extensive thread, getting any discount at all in California means you're doing pretty well

·
Registered
6 Posts

May I aske which dealer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
From the sound of this rather extensive thread, getting any discount at all in California means you're doing pretty well

Yes. Someone DM'd me a deal they got from a socal dealer last week that was pretty stellar. When I got up that dealer today they said that last week they were able to make those deals but this week they couldn't offer half that amount in discounts. Smh

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes. Someone DM'd me a deal they got from a socal dealer last week that was pretty stellar. When I got up that dealer today they said that last week they were able to make those deals but this week they couldn't offer half that amount in discounts. Smh
Gotta drive to Massachusetts!

·
Registered
42 Posts
By the time I get back, engine would already have broken in lol.
Meanwhile I bought mine for my wife on April 13th with 7 miles on it, they put 1 on getting gas, I put 94 on it driving it home, 9 driving it to be undercoated, and 2 showing it to my daughter.

Yet it has 153 on it total after 11 days. So she has driven it 40 miles. (And come to think of it, even out of those 40, 10 were to bring me to pick up my truck because I rented a car to drive to Mass!)

I feel like it'll still be in the breakin period when I reregister it next year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Meanwhile I bought mine for my wife on April 13th with 7 miles on it, they put 1 on getting gas, I put 94 on it driving it home, 9 driving it to be undercoated, and 2 showing it to my daughter.

Yet it has 153 on it total after 11 days. So she has driven it 40 miles. (And come to think of it, even out of those 40, 10 were to bring me to pick up my truck because I rented a car to drive to Mass!)

I feel like it'll still be in the breakin period when I reregister it next year.

That was us in our V8 4runner when we lived in the city. Something like 5k miles a year. Mainly bc our Prius was the main vehicle.

Anyhow I found an XLE Awd plus pkg in my state late last night with $3.5k discount + $1k factory cash! Hopefully it's still avail. Gonna reach out to them when they open. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I’ll wait a month or so. Most dealers are getting new inventory next month. I just need the car by June. Kids will be out of school and I’m planning many weekend trips
That was us in our V8 4runner when we lived in the city. Something like 5k miles a year. Mainly bc our Prius was the main vehicle.

Anyhow I found an XLE Awd plus pkg in my state late last night with $3.5k discount + $1k factory cash! Hopefully it's still avail. Gonna reach out to them when they open. Wish me luck!
Are you in ca?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think I’ll wait a month or so. Most dealers are getting new inventory next month. I just need the car by June. Kids will be out of school and I’m planning many weekend trips

Are you in ca?
Yes. The dealer I'm driving to now has a gray XLE AWD Plus with $3.5k dealer discount
and blizzards Pearl XSE AWD plus pkg only $2.1k dealer discount.
$1k NorCal factory discount on top of both.
Is XSE worth it? The only meaningful upgrade over XLE would be the suspension? Don't know how impressive it would be on a minivan. Only leaning towards the XSE bc it's the wife's fave color.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Nice deal! I’m in Mass myself and I’m actually looking to purchase the identical car. I’d love to get the name of the salesperson you used so I could hopefully get a similar price.
Fee free to PM me if you’re willing to share.
Thank you!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don’t think I got a great deal by any means but I’ll add my numbers. I probably should have asked for more off. I got a 2250 discount and then the 1500 incentive on a platinum awd with no options except winter mats (Or are they called all weather mats?) no trade in .

west Michigan area. Not a lot of inventory anywhere in the state.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited FWD
65 Posts
Let me know how I did.

Trim: LIMITED
FWD or AWD: FWD
Price Paid (base + destination): 50,579
Price Paid: 45454.01 +TTL
Add-ons (if any): tire, entertainment, illuminated door sills, carpet
Exterior Color: PREDAWN GRAY MICA
Interior Color: GRAPHITE
Date Purchased: TBD end of April when it arrives
City: Dallas, TX
I purchased it today! Richardson Toyota. Through Costco. He found one with the entertainment and added the sills for me. Great price with what we wanted. Now to hyperdip the wheels

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice deal! I’m in Mass myself and I’m actually looking to purchase the identical car. I’d love to get the name of the salesperson you used so I could hopefully get a similar price.
Fee free to PM me if you’re willing to share.
Thank you!
Sent the quote and email address. Like I said, if the dealer is within 175 miles of Portland I've already done the work for you and they won't match it.

541 - 560 of 608 Posts