Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

621 - 640 of 671 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which dealership in Houston? I am in market for new Sienna. Thanks
I bought it remotely from Sterling McCall Toyota. Mike Calvert Toyota offered a similar price but they are not willing to negotiate until I step into their dealership (which I cannot since I am temporarily WFH in another state). I used TrueCar to get all the quotes. The final price is almost the same as the first quote I received (I didn't spend much time negotiating with the dealer). If you are willing to negotiate, you may get a better price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just picked up our XSE Awd Blueprint yesterday.
We went through Costco Buying program. HIGHLY recommend utilizing Costco. Saves money with no need for negotiating/haggling. Dealer invoice price saved us about $4500 below MSRP. We also landed the ToyotaCare Platinum extended warranty for $1745. I believe there is another extended warranty thread but thought sharing it here would be helpful.
This sounds like an absolute steal in light of the change this past month!
Anybody use Costco this month?
Or encounter a friendly dealer in New England to work with?
First time car buyer here, and am not sure whether to buy now or wait it out until winter…🧐

·
Registered
2021 Blueprint Sienna Platinum AWD “The Cruising Vessel”
52 Posts
Hi,
New here, but have been reading several threads and found them very helpful. I bought a new Sienna yesterday in Columbus, Ohio. I'm in Charleston, WV and couldn't find what I wanted in state, or if I did, they were gone before I called or, in one case, got to the dealer. I had been looking for about a month, on and off. The Columbus dealer emailed me yesterday morning they had one, and would only hold it til close that day. So I went.

2021 Platinum Sienna ,Black/Brown Leather
AWD
Platinum package with Birds Eye system and I assume the rain sensing wipers (hasn't rained yet)
Came with Cross Bars, Portfolio, Mudguards, All Weather floor liners, Door Sill Protectors, the 50 State Emission thing
List Price $52,244
Dealer Price $48,883
Promotion $500
Trade in a 2013 AWD Limited Sienna (around 110,000 miles and some dents) $10,000
I paid $38,353.00 (that may not be the exact amount, the papers are in the vehicle)
I haven't paid the taxes in WV yet, I believe will be around 5%
Wow, that’s a great deal. I couldn’t find a deal like that in Indiana. I should have hit up the Ohio dealers I guess. I did get a good offer from the Costco auto program but it was for a special order and they took forever to get a build date so I gave up waiting and basically paid MSRP less $750 Toyota customer cash.

I also got the AWD Platinum, but in Blueprint color. Yes it does include the rain sensing wipers which work nicely.

·
Registered
31 Posts
First time car buyer here, and am not sure whether to buy now or wait it out until winter…🧐
If you can wait, you should wait. Or at least read through Yelp reviews of Toyota dealers you’re interested in buying from. Many seem extra crooked at the moment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you can wait, you should wait. Or at least read through Yelp reviews of Toyota dealers you’re interested in buying from. Many seem extra crooked at the moment.
I second this comment about extra crooked dealers at the moment. I am in the SF Bay Area. Today had 2 bad dealings with local dealers.

1) Dealer A: In mid-April (when the shortage wasn't quite as bad), this dealership had a Platinum AWD with the options I wanted allocated to it and he promised it to me. Said it would come in May. We agreed on MSRP. I should've walked away when he refused to allow me to put a deposit on the car (in my defense, I didn't trust him, but every dealer I have contacted since early May says to special order for delivery in 8-12 weeks). Today, I called. That salesperson is no longer at the dealership and a new salesperson is saying there is a $10k markup, though the new salesperson would try to get me a "good" price when the car actually arrives.

2) Dealer B - I had previously considered this dealer in mid-April, but ultimately went with Dealer A above, because Dealer B's Sienna was coming later (in June). I happened to get one of those automated follow up emails today. Based on #1 above, I emailed the salesperson back and said I was back on the market looking for one. She replied quickly and said she had a white Platinum AWD coming in June timeframe, but it was a $4k mark up over MSRP. This was really weird because just a couple of weeks ago, she said all of their allotments had been reserved, but she could order one for delivery in 8-12 weeks (as mentioned, I had been pinging dealers to see if anybody had a Sienna available for May/June due to not trusting dealer A). I tried to start negotiation over email and she blew me off. Basically telling me to take it or leave it.

My potentially unfounded take is that she may be trying to sell one of those pre-reserved Sienna's (in mid-April, this dealership was asking around MSRP on the Platinum trim). If you are working with a dealership in the SF Bay Area and have a reservation for a white Platinum AWD for delivery in June, you should follow up with the dealership to make sure your Sienna isn't being sold to a higher bidder.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I second this comment about extra crooked dealers at the moment. I am in the SF Bay Area. Today had 2 bad dealings with local dealers.

1) Dealer A: In mid-April (when the shortage wasn't quite as bad), this dealership had a Platinum AWD with the options I wanted allocated to it and he promised it to me. Said it would come in May. We agreed on MSRP. I should've walked away when he refused to allow me to put a deposit on the car (in my defense, I didn't trust him, but every dealer I have contacted since early May says to special order for delivery in 8-12 weeks). Today, I called. That salesperson is no longer at the dealership and a new salesperson is saying there is a $10k markup, though the new salesperson would try to get me a "good" price when the car actually arrives.

2) Dealer B - I had previously considered this dealer in mid-April, but ultimately went with Dealer A above, because Dealer B's Sienna was coming later (in June). I happened to get one of those automated follow up emails today. Based on #1 above, I emailed the salesperson back and said I was back on the market looking for one. She replied quickly and said she had a white Platinum AWD coming in June timeframe, but it was a $4k mark up over MSRP. This was really weird because just a couple of weeks ago, she said all of their allotments had been reserved, but she could order one for delivery in 8-12 weeks (as mentioned, I had been pinging dealers to see if anybody had a Sienna available for May/June due to not trusting dealer A). I tried to start negotiation over email and she blew me off. Basically telling me to take it or leave it.

My potentially unfounded take is that she may be trying to sell one of those pre-reserved Sienna's (in mid-April, this dealership was asking around MSRP on the Platinum trim). If you are working with a dealership in the SF Bay Area and have a reservation for a white Platinum AWD for delivery in June, you should follow up with the dealership to make sure your Sienna isn't being sold to a higher bidder.
Ive noticed CA Toyota dealerships dont like to take deposits on a vehicle and lock in a price. Maybe its bc they know they wont have a problem selling it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone seen a Platinum in Cypress or Ruby Red Pearl on a lot anywhere? I emailed every dealer within 900 miles that showed one on cars.com but none of them actually have it. Even the dealers who show it on their own website don't actually have it.

Will I have to pay sticker price now? Should I wait a few months (again)

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
511 Posts
Has anyone seen a Platinum in Cypress or Ruby Red Pearl on a lot anywhere? I emailed every dealer within 900 miles that showed one on cars.com but none of them actually have it. Even the dealers who show it on their own website don't actually have it.

Will I have to pay sticker price now? Should I wait a few months (again)
What part of country are you in? I see a couple in DC area. Try zip code 22310 if you can make it over here. Prices are wild outrageous everywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What was your drive out price OTD?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used costco this month, got $350 off the MSRP + the $500 Toyota cash.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A is Burien and B is Michael's. But good luck with that, mine haven't get allocated yet. which mean it will not arrive before August. I'm super mad with the salesperson today as he originally told me the wait time was 2-4 month back in December.
I was told the the platinum they get allocation in May is an order before mine. I should have listened to my Michael's salesperson that they will be the only dealer that have the vehicle in a few month (he told me in December), that turns out not being bluffing 😂
Thanks for the response! Yeah, I got tired chasing the new vehicle (prices are insane and dealers and not willing to negotiate at all) and just bought a 2014 Limited AWD (with Platinum package on it) from a co-worked. It had only 17,000 miles on it. Would've loved to have gotten a new one, but it seems that a used one was the only option for quick purchase and good savings. Good luck with yours, hopefully Burien comes through. I had a good experience with them buying a 2010 Tacoma (back in 2010), but they had it on the lot back then. Purchased it for $84 over invoice. Financing didn't push too hard to add extra (they did push prepaid service plan a bit, but not too hard). Overall a good experience. I delt with Kelly Stewart there, seem he's still on the job. Emailed him about the Costco buying program - he never replied. I guess they are doing too good to bother with Costco buyers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello! Picked up our 2021 XSE a week ago. We went in just to check out the van, not really planning on buying since I heard about the shortage and being a seller's market. We went to 2 dealers both without the option we wanted (RES) and only 1 or 2 other trims in stock. It was definitely a different vibe. Coming out of our car, no one greeted/courted us right away like it was 2 years ago when we went to check out the Prius. When we decided to check out a different trim, the salesman just pointed us to the car and told us to just call him if we need anything. We found the trim/option we wanted on the 3rd dealer visit, about 20 miles from our house. Here are the numbers on the sticker:

Purchase date: 05/23/2021
Dealer: Culver City Toyota
Salesperson: Nordine Houari

2021 XSE with Plus package, 1500 inverter, spare tire and RES in Pre-dawn Mica = MSRP $46,185.00
Dealer added options: Theft Patrol = $995
Perma Plate = $795
Clear Shield package = $395
Dealer added markup = $5000
Dealer asking price = $53,370.00!!!

I got it for $48,165.00 that includes a $500 rebate plus TTL. I was able to take out the Perma Plate option but not the other 2 since they were already installed. I really pushed to get it down to $46K + TTL but they wouldn't budge. I didn't want to continue and we walked out the door but midway towards our old van, my wife started to reason with me (game over). I never would've pictured paying MSRP or more for a car but I had to factor the current buying climate. Inventory is low and being in Los Angeles, home values skyrocketed and most people refinanced because of it. So there's money to burn and there's a lot of competing buyers. I also thought about the chance/benefit of taking home the exact van we want 'right now', without waiting weeks/months and calling/going to other dealers. I traded in our 2013 Chrysler Town & Country w/ 115K miles that we bought used 7 years ago w/ 30K miles on it. The dealer gave us $6500 for it which was good, I was only expecting $4K based on KBB value last time I checked. I'm still a little bummed because I feel that I didn't do great on the deal but wife is happy, kids are happy. That's all that matters.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello! Picked up our 2021 XSE a week ago. We went in just to check out the van, not really planning on buying since I heard about the shortage and being a seller's market. We went to 2 dealers both without the option we wanted (RSE) and only 1 or 2 other trims in stock. It was definitely a different vibe. Coming out of our cars, no one greeted/courted us right away like it was 2 years ago when we went to check out the Prius. When we decided to check out a different trim, the salesman just pointed us to the car and told us to just call him if we need anything. We found the trim/option we wanted on the 3rd dealer visit, about 20 miles from our house. Here are the numbers on the sticker:

XSE with Plus package, 1500 inverter, spare tire and RSE in Pre-dawn Mica = MSRP $46,185.00
Perma Plate = $795

I got it for $48,165.00 that includes a $500 rebate plus TTL. I was able to take out the Perma Plate option but not the other 2 since they were already installed. I really pushed to get it down to $46K + TTL but they wouldn't budge. I didn't want to do it and we walked out the door but midway towards our old van, my wife started to reason with me (game over). I never would've pictured paying MSRP or more for a car but I had to factor the current buying climate. Inventory is low and being in Los Angeles, home values skyrocketed and most people refinanced because of it. So there's money to burn and there's a lot of competing buyers. I also thought about the benefit of taking home the exact van we want 'right now', without waiting weeks/months and calling/going to other dealers. I traded in our 2013 Chrysler Town & Country w/ 115K miles that we bought used w/ 30K miles on it. The dealer gave us $6500 for it which was good, I was only expecting $4K based on KBB value last time I checked. I'm still a little bummed because I feel that I didn't do great on the deal but wife is happy, kids are happy. That's all that matters.
Congratulations. If you don’t mind, which dealer was it? I’m looking for either a Sienna or Highlander Hybrid in SoCal area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations. If you don’t mind, which dealer was it? I’m looking for either a Sienna or Highlander Hybrid in SoCal area.
Thanks. I'll add this info to my original post. We went to Culver City Toyota and our salesman was Nordine Houari. He was very easy to deal with, not pushy and/or rude. I really feel bad for him because I was so unprepared with the purchase that we went at 7:30PM on a Sunday. By the time the paperwork were all signed (9-ish), the card terminal/transaction is closed and he had to follow us back to our house to get the check for the downpayment! Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
511 Posts
Hello! Picked up our 2021 XSE a week ago. We went in just to check out the van, not really planning on buying since I heard about the shortage and being a seller's market. We went to 2 dealers both without the option we wanted (RES) and only 1 or 2 other trims in stock. It was definitely a different vibe. Coming out of our cars, no one greeted/courted us right away like it was 2 years ago when we went to check out the Prius. When we decided to check out a different trim, the salesman just pointed us to the car and told us to just call him if we need anything. We found the trim/option we wanted on the 3rd dealer visit, about 20 miles from our house. Here are the numbers on the sticker:

Purchase date: 05/23/2021
Dealer: Culver City Toyota
Salesperson: Nordine Houari

2021 XSE with Plus package, 1500 inverter, spare tire and RES in Pre-dawn Mica = MSRP $46,185.00
Perma Plate = $795

I got it for $48,165.00 that includes a $500 rebate plus TTL. I was able to take out the Perma Plate option but not the other 2 since they were already installed. I really pushed to get it down to $46K + TTL but they wouldn't budge. I didn't want to do it and we walked out the door but midway towards our old van, my wife started to reason with me (game over). I never would've pictured paying MSRP or more for a car but I had to factor the current buying climate. Inventory is low and being in Los Angeles, home values skyrocketed and most people refinanced because of it. So there's money to burn and there's a lot of competing buyers. I also thought about the benefit of taking home the exact van we want 'right now', without waiting weeks/months and calling/going to other dealers. I traded in our 2013 Chrysler Town & Country w/ 115K miles that we bought used 7 years ago w/ 30K miles on it. The dealer gave us $6500 for it which was good, I was only expecting $4K based on KBB value last time I checked. I'm still a little bummed because I feel that I didn't do great on the deal but wife is happy, kids are happy. That's all that matters.

Enjoy the new ride!

My .02, it is a good call to bite the bullet and have a good summer in a new car, especially since last summer was so frightful. In the grand schema, few extra $$ are fairly justifiable over the 15+ years this van is expected to last.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Enjoy the new ride!

My .02, it is a good call to bite the bullet and have a good summer in a new car, especially since last summer was so frightful. In the grand schema, few extra $$ are fairly justifiable over the 15+ years this van is expected to last.
I agree. We took it to Sta. Barbara, Ca. over the memorial weekend and driving along the coastline in a new car with the family in tow is a great feeling and memory. It's a beautiful car inside and out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trim: Limited
FWD or AWD: FWD
MSRP: $48,900~
Total paid: $50,000
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: June 2021
Tax Rate: 6.25%
Package: picked the one without a lot of unecessary package to me, but it has mat, window tint, etc

Costco promotion is useless now in Dallas all dealers, including Richardson.
Thanks for all of your posts for me to know how much I should pay.
Going to sell my 2017 Pilot EX-L, which my family said it floats like a boat...

Bought the Pilot in 2017 for 31,500 (super deal) and appraised value on Shift.com for $31,000...
We will see the final price after insepction.
Increditable inflation is coming...

621 - 640 of 671 Posts