Trim: Limited
FWD or AWD: FWD
MSRP: $48,900~
Total paid: $50,000
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: June 2021
Tax Rate: 6.25%
Package: picked the one without a lot of unecessary package to me, but it has mat, window tint, etc

Costco promotion is useless now in Dallas all dealers, including Richardson.
Thanks for all of your posts for me to know how much I should pay.
Going to sell my 2017 Pilot EX-L, which my family said it floats like a boat...

Bought the Pilot in 2017 for 31,500 (super deal) and appraised value on Shift.com for $31,000...
We will see the final price after insepction.
Increditable inflation is coming...
Sorry to hear about it. I got my deal in April with the $1500 rebate. My msrp was 50 and got 45454 from Richardson. Crazy how a month changes everything

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear about it. I got my deal in April with the $1500 rebate. My msrp was 50 and got 45454 from Richardson. Crazy how a month changes everything
Hi my friend, your number helped me a lot. thanks.
Compare with your deal, I saved $500 but without Rear Entertainment package and seal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2021 Sienna XLE AWD
blueprint
XLE Plus Package
Spare tire
All weather mats
Cargo cover
Crossbars
MSRP $45,519
Sale price $42,067
Massachusetts resident, VT dealer. 6/4/21

Local dealers all wanted MSRP.
Just curious, is the sienna in stock? I went to different dealer here in IL and nothing in stock.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
511 Posts
Just curious, is the sienna in stock? I went to different dealer here in IL and nothing in stock.
FWIW, there are plenty of XLEs in stock in DC area. It's about 1/4 of inventory than what it was about 2 months ago, but still enough to choose from. One of the dealers, heritagetoyotaowingsmills.com has certain XLEs advertised for about 2K off of MSRP too. I say make a weekend trip over here ;) Btw, buying out-of-state is exactly same as buying in your Home-state. It is all transparent to the buyer, and handled by the dealer software.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FWIW, there are plenty of XLEs in stock in DC area. It's about 1/4 of inventory than what it was about 2 months ago, but still enough to choose from. One of the dealers, heritagetoyotaowingsmills.com has certain XLEs advertised for about 2K off of MSRP too. I say make a weekend trip over here ;) Btw, buying out-of-state is exactly same as buying in your Home-state. It is all transparent to the buyer, and handled by the dealer software.
Hope they’ll give me the OTD price. I will try. Thanks

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
511 Posts
Hope they’ll give me the OTD price. I will try. Thanks
If you really plan to, they can probably tell you all negotiable prices but likely not the mandatory fixed costs like TTL. That's because sales-financing folks who plug-in all the negotiated prices in the system and figure out TTLs don't like to be bothered unless everything is confirmed. That is also their last chance to sell you warranty, rust protection etc. I got ours from Heritage in Jan. I was unable to get OTD too. I drove 1.5HRs anyways since it was a great deal. Good Luck!

P.s. I hope you don't have to come this far since Princeton, Indiana where they make these is not too far from you! May be you can camp outside over there and find the right guy or girl to off-load one for you from a loaded delivery carrier!

·
Registered
11 Posts
2021 Sienna Limited FWD
Entertainment pkg
MSRP $49790
Sale price $44500 with 500 military rebate
Purchased in NC on 22 May
Really happy with the buy. My wife’s new car ... she’s finally saying a joyful goodbye to her 2005 Sienna. What can I say, I buy and hold.
Not thrilled with plastic wheel covers. Really Toyota, on a Limited?!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
South Florida 2021 Sienna XLE FWD 8 seats black ext. beige int.
options:roof rail$150, spare tire$75, carpet floormat $399(I will have to buy all weather floormat later, it rains a lot here in south florida), ToyoGuard( 2 oil changes and 4 tire rotations at any toyota dealer in additional to the ToyoCare, roadside assistance and rental car assistance, exterior paint sealant and interior protector $699, this is added by the southeast toyota distributor).
sale tax is about 6% here
new tag
no trade-in
OTD $39000
2.45% for 60 months.(Could have fought for 1.99% but decided to give the dealer some margin)

There are many dealerships quoted around 41k, 43k and 47k for the same van, which is crazy. I told them, I have a quote at $39000 and they won't believe it. Said it's not gonna happen anywhere. It's all BS. The sticker price with markup on the van I got is 47.5K plus tax and fees, which might come out to be around 52k.

I am telling you guys, don't pay more than 39k OTD. If you want the best price, you have to be patient, shop around via email and text. DO NOT WALK IN, you will end up spending hours with sales then finance manager, if not a whole day. Some salesman are just full of BS but some are very striaght forward. I did it all online and have the sales deliver it.
if you don’t mind me asking, what dealer? I’m in South Florida too and having a hard time getting any dealers to move off MSRP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got it from Walnut Creek. I was lucky to secured the van with a refundable deposit. All Sienna are pretty much sold before delivery. Is crazy.
Hi Ed, I'm actually buying the exact same trim/color/options sienna as yours, also from Walnut Creek, from an agent named Angel. I am in Massachusetts now, bout to move to CA next week, so I put down a deposit of 500$ to secure my sienna. Unfortunately I wasn't offered any discounts. I noticed that the "estimated registration and fees" was a whopping $1312. Did you come across the same? Also, though I told the agent that I was going to finance through BoA, he told me to apply through the Toyota Walnut creek financing anyway because they were linked with BoA. Do you know if I apply through this toyota website, then am I locked into whatever they give me?

Thanks, I hate this market we are in where the dealers have us by the balls.....

-JJ

·
Registered
202 Posts
I noticed that the "estimated registration and fees" was a whopping $1312.
You may already be aware, but those will vary based on which state you claim residence in. If you buy in Boston, but live in NYC, the dealer will be charging you NY based registration amounts.

Do you know if I apply through this toyota website, then am I locked into whatever they give me?
You’re not locked into anything until you sign a contract. It couldn’t hurt to see if they can get you a better rate, though. While they’d run your credit report and that could ding your rating slightly, there is no requirement for you to go with them just bc they made you a financing offer. If you’ve got a better deal elsewhere you can and should take that, but dealers will often match rates offered to you by other banks to earn your business / so they can collect those interest fees.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You may already be aware, but those will vary based on which state you claim residence in. If you buy in Boston, but live in NYC, the dealer will be charging you NY based registration amounts.

You’re not locked into anything until you sign a contract. It couldn’t hurt to see if they can get you a better rate, though. While they’d run your credit report and that could ding your rating slightly, there is no requirement for you to go with them just bc they made you a financing offer. If you’ve got a better deal elsewhere you can and should take that, but dealers will often match rates offered to you by other banks to earn your business / so they can collect those interest fees.
Just called the agent again to clarify that nothing is final til I sign the contract like you mentioned, and I will take a look at the detailed breakdown once it comes. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Ed, I'm actually buying the exact same trim/color/options sienna as yours, also from Walnut Creek, from an agent named Angel. I am in Massachusetts now, bout to move to CA next week, so I put down a deposit of 500$ to secure my sienna. Unfortunately I wasn't offered any discounts. I noticed that the "estimated registration and fees" was a whopping $1312. Did you come across the same? Also, though I told the agent that I was going to finance through BoA, he told me to apply through the Toyota Walnut creek financing anyway because they were linked with BoA. Do you know if I apply through this toyota website, then am I locked into whatever they give me?

Thanks, I hate this market we are in where the dealers have us by the balls.....

-JJ
Welcome to California.

I checked the contract there is $85 doc fee, $30 electronic vehicle registration fee, $294 license fee, $289 registration fee, $8.75 tire fee and $3519 sale tax.

I got a low APR 2.19% from BofA too and all i did was show them the offer letter (you can print it out from their website). I cannot recall they ran a credit check or not as i am not financing through them.

As the gas price is getting close to $5 in the Bay Area. You will feel good everytime when you fill it up.

Are you directly contacting the dealership?

Eddie

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am contacting the agent who reached out to me. I also tried BoA but they wouldn't offer me the loan since I'm not living there yet. I got quoted 4090 for taxes, was that same as you? That $1312 registration and "fees" was what was puzzling to me and I figured since we have the exact same car from the same dealer that our prices will be the same too. Regardless I absolutely can't wait to get my shiny van.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Trim: XSE w/Spare Tire and all weather mats ($295 total options)
FWD or AWD: AWD
MSRP: $44230 (with options and destination)
Dealer added options: $399 "Brake Plus", negotiated down to $125
Trade-in: 2019 Forester Touring for $27000 (KBB instant cash was $29,600, so trade-in for 27K is still less sale tax than sale for 30K)
Toyota Cash: $500

WA Sales tax (10.4% in tacoma) $1814.30 (tax only on difference between trade and sales price)
Doc Fees: $150

Total price after trade-in and tax: $46443.30

Kinda wished I'd gotten the plus pack, but I'll fix that with some $200 thule rails and some $500 speakers/amp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just wondered why Sienna is so expensive? What diamonds does it has? My experience in past paid price.
OTD = Out The door. all price includes every fees/taxes etc. No tradeins.
New 2006 Sienna LE 25.5 OTD
New 2007 Corolla S 16.5 OTD
New 2007 Camry LE 19.5 OTD
Used 2014 110k MDX from dealer 17k OTD bought in Feb 2019.
vs
2021 Camry LE may be 23/24 people paying
2021 Corolla S may be 20/22k people paying
2021 Sienna LE may be ...........or should be pay....what do you think? I would not pay more than 33/34k for LE OTD unless hybrid modal has jacked the car price.

MSRP and Invoice prices are all BS.
As one person posted here most people pay 5000 above true value of the car. If next day car get totaled then check how much insurance would pay. Check KBB value before paying dealers.
most of the dealers agent post here to make people fool around MSRP/Invoice.
my advice is pay 4/7k under (depending on model) MSRP including all fees. Try it and you will get it. Hope my above past purchase price help you All.
All these are in Houston, TX market.

641 - 660 of 671 Posts