Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

661 - 671 of 671 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
just wondered why Sienna is so expensive? What diamonds does it has? My experience in past paid price.
OTD = Out The door. all price includes every fees/taxes etc.
New 2006 Sienna LE 25.5 OTD
New 2007 Corolla S 16.5 OTD
New 2007 Camry LE 19.5 OTD
Used 2014 110k MDX from dealer 17k OTD bought in Feb 2019.
vs
2021 Camry LE may be 23/24 people paying
2021 Corolla S may be 20/22k people paying
2021 Sienna LE may be ...........or should be pay....what do you think? I would not pay more than 33/34k for LE OTD unless hybrid modal has jacked the car price.

MSRP and Invoice prices are all BS.
As one person posted here most people pay 5000 above true value of the car. If next day car get totaled then check how much insurance would pay. Check KBB value before paying dealers.
most of the dealers agent post here to make people fool around MSRP/Invoice.
my advice is pay 4/7k under (depending on model) MSRP including all fees. Try it and you will get it. Hope my above past purchase price help you All.
All these are in Houston, TX market.
Right now it's completely a seller's market on cars with all the of the chip shortages. There is a lack of inventory, and a high demand. The dealer's don't have to negotiate because they can pre-sell almost any of the mid to high grade trims. Especially in hotter markets like the northwest and california. You won't be getting any new car for that far under MSRP unless it's just an undesirable or slow selling car. The LE's might be easier to bargain on because most folks want the XLE/XSE.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Right now it's completely a seller's market on cars with all the of the chip shortages. There is a lack of inventory, and a high demand. The dealer's don't have to negotiate because they can pre-sell almost any of the mid to high grade trims. Especially in hotter markets like the northwest and california. You won't be getting any new car for that far under MSRP unless it's just an undesirable or slow selling car. The LE's might be easier to bargain on because most folks want the XLE/XSE.
Yeah. I just ordered a XSE AWD w/ Tech. dealer didn't get me any discount. I still have to wait 2 months.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I tried going through Costco, looking for a Platinum AWD. The response was "the model you selected doesn't have low, prearranged Costco member pricing."

·
Registered
202 Posts
I tried going through Costco, looking for a Platinum AWD. The response was "the model you selected doesn't have low, prearranged Costco member pricing."
They sometimes have special deals they’ve negotiated for certain vehicles. Maybe you’ve sometimes seen a car parked inside when you’re showing them your receipt and leaving the store after checkout? That’s one of those short term special deals.

Sienna right now isn’t one of those, but that doesn’t mean there’s no CostCo discount offerings arranged with some of your local dealerships. There may very well be amd
and that’s what you’re looking for.

Those specific car deals and dealer discount opportunities are two different things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two dealerships where I live (CA) are selling over MSRP. One (Fremont Toyota) wants MSRP+$4k and another (Palo Alto Toyota) wants MSRP+$7500! Is this happening across the country?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Two dealerships where I live (CA) are selling over MSRP. One (Fremont Toyota) wants MSRP+$4k and another (Palo Alto Toyota) wants MSRP+$7500! Is this happening across the country?
Yes, DC dealer asking for 9k over MSRP and NJ and Phili area are 2k over. This is for platinum AWD. Most all models are pre-sold that are coming in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #668 ·
When I've been shopping recently, I checked in with ~ 30 dealerships. I've only seen a firm stance on MSRP, nothing over. I was only looking @ XSE plus/XLE plus configs though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, DC dealer asking for 9k over MSRP and NJ and Phili area are 2k over. This is for platinum AWD. Most all models are pre-sold that are coming in.
That's amazing. I'm looking for XLE AWD trim. I'm going to ride this out and/or look into dealerships in smaller markets.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #670 ·
That's amazing. I'm looking for XLE AWD trim. I'm going to ride this out and/or look into dealerships in smaller markets.
I don't blame you. We were looking to do the same, wait until later this year or maybe next year to let things get back to some of the larger discounts that were starting to show up. Unfortunately, we suddenly found ourselves in need of getting a car as soon as possible/reasonable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #671 · (Edited)
As I previously stated, we were interested in the new Sienna (I am a huge toyota hybrid fan), but I was planning to wait for prices to fall. My personal planned target was $7-9K off MSRP. World events over the past year hasn't really brought that opportunity.

We came into a situation where we went from 2 to 1 car and would like to get back to 2 again. Not the best time to have this happen, but i was able to get some discount using the Costco Auto Program. There were a couple (of the ~30) dealers that were about 1-1.5K under MSRP, but the rest were firm at MSRP. Fortunately, the Costco program yielded me ~$2K off MSRP. Dealership is reserving an incoming shipment planned for about 45 days from now.

I didn't get quite what i was looking for, but I'm happy I got some sort of discount and excited to finally get the kids into a mini van.

Trim: XLE Plus
FWD or AWD: AWD
Price Paid (base + destination): $43,505. (MSRP of $45,569)
Price Paid (out of the door): $46,585
Add-ons (if any): Plus package, all weather mats, spare tire, integrated dash cam
Exterior Color: Predawn Gray Mica
Interior Color: Graphite SofTex
Date Purchased: Planned end of month 7/2021
City: Pittsburgh
State: PA

661 - 671 of 671 Posts