Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
761 - 780 of 826 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought mine in July from Freeman Toyota below MSRP. I had to pay a deposit and wait. I actually got mine early because someone else didn’t pick up theirs. It had the same options as I wanted (all available options in Platinum AWD basically).
I was told that supposedly toyota factory was not accepting orders currently.. but then the rep also mentioned that the orders were about ~4 months off. Not quite sure if they are or aren't! Blah.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was told that supposedly toyota factory was not accepting orders currently.. but then the rep also mentioned that the orders were about ~4 months off. Not quite sure if they are or aren't! Blah.
Same as what I’ve heard from multiple dealers. Although I do think “order” may be a misnomer.I think these are more like preference requests for allocation than true special orders.

But in any case, it seems all allocations have dried up. So they’re finishing out the scheduled 2021 product run. For the love of god Toyota, release pricing and open up reservations/ordering for 2022s, whenever you plan to make them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Today I paid Msrp minus $1000 for a XSE with plus package, 1500 watt investor, spare tire, cross bars. Other people were at the dealership ready to buy while the paperwork was being done. I got a 2.9 interest rate. The van was put out this morning and was the only one in any trim.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Today I paid Msrp minus $1000 for a XSE with plus package, 1500 watt investor, spare tire, cross bars. Other people were at the dealership ready to buy while the paperwork was being done. I got a 2.9 interest rate. The van was put out this morning and was the only one in any trim.
Perfect timing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Great deal! Congratulations!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was able to snag an SUV for 33% off MSRP brand new because I bolted to the dealership right after I received the promotional email with my checkbook in hand. One of those elusive loss leaders to bring customers. I was ready. The guy who came just before had to leave to get his checkbook and I immediately bought it. I used it for 3 years before I sold it last month for $1500 more than I paid OTD in preparation for my incoming Sienna

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you’re willing to wait or am not restrictive with options, reach out to Rob at Toyota of Poway. He was willing to honor Costco pricing, no markup. I just couldn’t wait anymore.
Don’t mind driving to Poway if the price is right! In Orange County, CA there is no Costco pricing available :( if you don’t mind, what was the selling price?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dang, where was this at? In Cali?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don’t mind driving to Poway if the price is right! In Orange County, CA there is no Costco pricing available :( if you don’t mind, what was the selling price?
This was last month, it was $2000 above invoice price for FWD (which came out to about $625 under MSRP), no discounts for AWD. Costco pricing changes each month, so it would be good to confirm with Rob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought mine a couple of days ago - XLE FWD with plus package, 1500 watt investor, spare tire , carpet floor mats and the entertainment package for around ~2k below MSRP. Just got lucky I guess. This was in North bay, CA.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It’s not a color combo we wanted, but I lucked out finding out about an unclaimed one on the way to the gulf states port, and was able to get a deposit on it.

It’s an XLE (not Plus) in Ruby ($~500 charge) with roof rails and cross bars and spare tire, plus at least $1k of junk I didn’t want that pumped the MSRP up to $43,400. Final price is $350 under that due to Costco Auto discount, and less whatever Toyota incentive there is when it gets delivered in a couple weeks. I was able to get the $500 of dealer add ons removed.

It’s worth noting another dealer in the region had an almost identical car and deal. They quoted me a Costco price for which I asked for a deposit form by email to reserve it. Then nothing from them…until several hours later when the salesperson called and told me a couple other people wanted the same car and I’d have to pay a higher price to win it. Even with the current crazy car market that’s bad form in my book. And also I believe it’s plainly in breach of Costco Auto program rules. It’ll be interesting what Costco has to say about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought mine a couple of days ago - XLE FWD with plus package, 1500 watt investor, spare tire , carpet floor mats and the entertainment package for around ~2k below MSRP. Just got lucky I guess. This was in North bay, CA.
I live in the bay too. Which dealership is this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a similar data point.. Bay Area dealerships (stevens creek as well as Fremont) asking for $5k over msrp. They have cars coming. They keep saying they don’t have any available but I do see them coming in consistently. I personally feel demand has been low and so they reduced supply as a result and now it’s creating a temporary supply issue with economy rebounding

·
Registered
21 Posts
As a similar data point.. Bay Area dealerships (stevens creek as well as Fremont) asking for $5k over msrp. They have cars coming. They keep saying they don’t have any available but I do see them coming in consistently. I personally feel demand has been low and so they reduced supply as a result and now it’s creating a temporary supply issue with economy rebounding
Here too. 5-7k over MSRP in Boston area. Go 100 miles away to NH/VT/ME and it goes back to MSRP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here too. 5-7k over MSRP in Boston area. Go 100 miles away to NH/VT/ME and it goes back to MSRP.
From my experience that's not really true. Seacoast NH area dealers want 3-5k over MSRP. I recently bought an XSE AWD with plus package for $500 under MSRP from Wallingford Toyota. They were great to work with.

And on a side note - I had a contract for a vehicle from Faith's Toyota in Westminster, VT, and the day I was supposed to pick up the van I had a deposit on for over a month they called and cancelled the contract and said if I wanted the vehicle I had to pay $2800 more than the original agreed upon price (which turned it into buying it at MSRP). So it goes without saying that I would never in my life recommend that dealership to anybody.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Steven's Creek. It might as well be called Suckers Creek. Not once have I ever found a good deal at any of those dealerships. When you're looking for less than MSRP, they're basically at MSRP. When you're looking for MSRP, they're doing mark ups.

761 - 780 of 826 Posts