Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

2021 Sienna Prices Paid

243K views 836 replies 266 participants last post by  m1980 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'd like to get a central thread going for 2021 prices paid, similar to how the Odyssey forums do.

Please copy/paste and fill out the following details:
  • Trim:
  • FWD or AWD:
  • Price Paid (base + destination):
  • Price Paid (out of the door):
  • Add-ons (if any):
  • Exterior Color:
  • Interior Color:
  • Date Purchased:
  • City:
  • State:

Why base + destination?
Taxes and fees vary from city to city and the only way to get a proper comparison is to use the pre-tax and fees cost. Destination is the same regardless of where you buy so it's part of the core cost.

#2 ·
I just went to test drive a new 2021 XLE in Katy, TX. I was interested in the Premium trim AWD. The dealer had one coming in about 10 days with the entertainment package and roof rails but no spare tire. He quoted me an MSRP of about $56.5k plus they added their bogus protection film for another $1300. Drive-out was about $62k. He said no discounts being given right now since inventories will be low. I'm not in a hurry so will just wait a couple months until there is more inventory and more competition. Maybe Toyota will give some incentives at the end of the year too.

#482 ·
I just went to test drive a new 2021 XLE in Katy, TX. I was interested in the Premium trim AWD.
I just went to test drive a new 2021 XLE in Katy, TX. I was interested in the Premium trim AWD. The dealer had one coming in about 10 days with the entertainment package and roof rails but no spare tire. He quoted me an MSRP of about $56.5k plus they added their bogus protection film for another $1300. Drive-out was about $62k. He said no discounts being given right now since inventories will be low. I'm not in a hurry so will just wait a couple months until there is more inventory and more competition. Maybe Toyota will give some incentives at the end of the year too.
You could get 21 XLE OTD for $38,500 in Houston.

#27 ·
That must have been a really really big dealership to even get an allotment of 20 new siennas. I’ve been checking all the dealerships over the country through autotrader and only seen a few with such a large amount. But they still have a good majority of them in stock.

#30 ·
Picked our 2021 Limited last week with entertainment and some other packages. Paid MSRP and negotiated a good trade in. Dealer here marked up all theirs by 5-6K. Another dealer down the street told me they sell straight MSRP. It was the only one in SoCal with the color/package combo. I'm sure you can negotiate a small discount but probably not by much for now. It's for my wife but I love the car as well. Toyota hit a home run.

#34 ·
I posted this in the "shopping, test driving and service" forum. I hope it is okay to post here as well as I would be interested in what you all think.

I recently decided it might be fun to get into van camping and saw that the Sienna is commonly used for camper conversions. I'm not planning on any extreme build-outs or anything; just enough for a comfortable mattress/sleeping area, some storage perhaps.

I saw on the local dealer's website that they have a 2021 LE AWD listed in inventory. I went there today to check it out and it turns out that it is in-transit so they don't have it on their lot yet. It is the only LE AWD available in the immediate area (there is another which is also in-transit, but that dealer is 28 miles away, and would involve driving through a good bit of traffic and is in a different state). The sales guy gave me a price of $36,497, and after taxes etc it is $39,250 out the door (after the $750 Toyota Cash). It has the tow hitch receiver option and all-weather floor mats, neither of which I care for. It isn't my first choice of color (silver metallic). He said if I gave them a check for $1000 they would hold the check and mark the car as "sold" so when it comes in I would have first crack at it.

I guess technically that isn't buying it "sight unseen" but I am undecided as to what to do. Options I don't want, some options I'd rather have (at $225 why aren't there more with the roof rails and spare tire?), and not my first color choice. But will there ever be that combo available? Is this the best time to buy, being end of year and with Toyota Cash? And then the website shows MSRP minus the "dealer discount" and the Toyota Cash getting the price down to $35,750. The printout I was given shows a marketing fee of around $650 and $10 for the gas they put in it. That seems odd, asking me to pay that. Those two things make up most of the $750-ish price difference. I think the rest might be "negotiable documentation fee."

I am thinking I will call in the morning to see what is up with the price discrepancy between the two numbers. I don't think it would hurt to have them hold my check until it comes in. I'm just not sure if now is the time. I don't need it now. I wonder what you all think of this situation. Buy? Wait? Ugh!

#35 ·
I posted this in the "shopping, test driving and service" forum. I hope it is okay to post here as well as I would be interested in what you all think.

I recently decided it might be fun to get into van camping and saw that the Sienna is commonly used for camper conversions. I'm not planning on any extreme build-outs or anything; just enough for a comfortable mattress/sleeping area, some storage perhaps.

I saw on the local dealer's website that they have a 2021 LE AWD listed in inventory. I went there today to check it out and it turns out that it is in-transit so they don't have it on their lot yet. It is the only LE AWD available in the immediate area (there is another which is also in-transit, but that dealer is 28 miles away, and would involve driving through a good bit of traffic and is in a different state). The sales guy gave me a price of $36,497, and after taxes etc it is $39,250 out the door (after the $750 Toyota Cash). It has the tow hitch receiver option and all-weather floor mats, neither of which I care for. It isn't my first choice of color (silver metallic). He said if I gave them a check for $1000 they would hold the check and mark the car as "sold" so when it comes in I would have first crack at it.

I guess technically that isn't buying it "sight unseen" but I am undecided as to what to do. Options I don't want, some options I'd rather have (at $225 why aren't there more with the roof rails and spare tire?), and not my first color choice. But will there ever be that combo available? Is this the best time to buy, being end of year and with Toyota Cash? And then the website shows MSRP minus the "dealer discount" and the Toyota Cash getting the price down to $35,750. The printout I was given shows a marketing fee of around $650 and $10 for the gas they put in it. That seems odd, asking me to pay that. Those two things make up most of the $750-ish price difference. I think the rest might be "negotiable documentation fee."

I am thinking I will call in the morning to see what is up with the price discrepancy between the two numbers. I don't think it would hurt to have them hold my check until it comes in. I'm just not sure if now is the time. I don't need it now. I wonder what you all think of this situation. Buy? Wait? Ugh!
you can order whatever combo you want through any dealership. If you can wait a couple of months order it now from the dealer that gives you the best price.As long as you are not in CA you can probably get 2k off msrp (at least). The $750 cash back will likely be different by the time the car is ready, so be prepared for that (might be more cash back).

don’t settle if you can wait. Shop around (call/email, don’t go in). You are in control.

#36 ·
It all depends on circumstances, are you short on time for some reason? When I am ready, I will be coming up w/ a standard configuration that I want, emailing a ton of dealerships, take the lowest 5 prices, and email them again (and again) to see if they can beat the lowest price.

I would really push back on any sort of marketing fee or gas. Gas is included in the destination charge on the sticker!

Lots of sites/videos out there on how to negotiate and what you should and should not be paying. Here is an example:

#44 ·
I think Toyota botched timing the pandemic. West coast has higher gas prices so perhaps that is contributing to the higher sienna prices.

750 or 1.9 seems to be the common incentive for December. I was surprised they were offering the cash so soon. There are hardly any 21s anywhere near us.
We placed a factory order

#53 ·
Received a quote
FWD XSE
Price quote base $39,999.00 ++
Price Offer (out of the door): $44.899
Add-ons (if any): XSE Plus, cargo organizer, roof cross bar, connectivity kit, 1500 w inverter.
Dealer add ons: Window Tint, Door edge guards, and handle guards,nitrogen valve, with nitrogen filled tires, ZAKTEK paint protection $1899
Exterior Color:Silver
Interior Color:
Looks like a demo vehicle with 126 miles on it, dealer add-on way overprice in my opinion.

advice?good/fair/ bad? Thank you

#55 ·
Received a quote
FWD XSE
Price quote base $39,999.00 ++
Price Offer (out of the door): $44,899
Add-ons (if any): XSE Plus, cargo organizer, roof cross bar, connectivity kit, 1500 w inverter.
Dealer add ons: Window Tint, Door edge guards, and handle guards,nitrogen valve, with nitrogen filled tires, ZAKTEK paint protection $1899
Exterior Color:Silver
Interior Color:
Looks like a demo vehicle with 126 miles on it, dealer add-on way overprice in my opinion.

advice?good/fair/ bad? Thank you
Thank you for the details here!

Everyone is going to have a different set of personal requirements. I personally see a lot of stuff I would not want to pay for, like tinted windows, nitrogen filled tires, and paint protection. But maybe you want things like tinted windows or door edge guards?

My personal approach is to come up w/ a spec that I want and then reach out to a many number of dealerships for their best price for my particular configuration. It helps me to not pay for stuff that I do not want/need and keep out anomalies in the price comparisons I am doing. I don't care if it's on the lot or a custom order for them, it all comes down to the price for the configuration I am asking for.

#54 ·
Typical Gulf State Toyota tactics. That "Connectivity Kit" is just a USB cable you can get for less than $5 on amazon, for example. I'd try to negotiate that they throw those in. Nitrogen? Paint protection?

I just entered info on costco auto and it says you should be getting $3500-4200 off msrp. I'd start with that. Don't forget the 1.9% offer too.

#56 ·
Typical Gulf State Toyota tactics. That "Connectivity Kit" is just a USB cable you can get for less than $5 on amazon, for example. I'd try to negotiate that they throw those in. Nitrogen? Paint protection?

I just entered info on costco auto and it says you should be getting $3500-4200 off msrp. I'd start with that. Don't forget the 1.9% offer too.
Costco auto provided you with a price range? From my experience you need to go in to the dealer for a price.
For the 2021 Sienna there is little chance you get 4k off msrp. 3-3.5 perhaps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.