Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Really looking forward to seeing some driving impressions... and pricing.

To be honest, my desire/need for a new vehicle has diminished substantially - I'll be lucky if our 2008 sees 5K km this year - but cant help looking ahead!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice to see an XSE from the inside. I noticed the wheels are not the dark 20 inch alloys and then realized this is the AWD version. I wonder why they don't offer the 20 inch rims on the AWD?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice to see an XSE from the inside. I noticed the wheels are not the dark 20 inch alloys and then realized this is the AWD version. I wonder why they don't offer the 20 inch rims on the AWD?
Current gen in AWD brings 18” wheels regardless of trim. Must be same for next gen.

Don‘t care for dark wheels, so fine with me.

XSE might be our best choice in ~2 years, if supply of vacuum is fixed and can‘t be avoided on higher trims.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My absolute favorite car video reviewer posted part 1 review today. Alex on Autos is always good at hitting the details and thourough reviews.

Embargo date on price and driving impressions is October 27th.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My absolute favorite car video reviewer posted part 1 review today. Alex on Autos is always good at hitting the details and thourough reviews.

Interesting tradeoff for spare tire at 14:10. Looks clunky, but I’d take it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Alex brings out most needed details on every car he reviews. Toyota is doing terrible job by not giving vehicle to good youtube reviewers like Alex or redline. How can anyone do deposit without seeing atleast good youtube reviews. Toyota taking advantage of loyal customers so far in this case. Alex started video saying Swiss Army Knife of Modern Vehicles which is job to listen in ears. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
27 Posts

So the XSE sees no handling improvements? That’s too bad. Many people have said they enjoyed the car-like handing of the 3rd Gen SE.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the XSE sees no handling improvements? That’s too bad. Many people have said they enjoyed the car-like handing of the 3rd Gen SE.
That’s a good question. He and other reviewers may cover it in driving reviews once the embargo lifts on Oct. 27th.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That’s a good question. He and other reviewers may cover it in driving reviews once the embargo lifts on Oct. 27th.
We didn’t consider SE, no AWD at the time. But would still have skipped it due to lowering.

Added a strut tower bar which seemed to contribute to a bit tighter feel.

Hope next gen XSE brings tighter handling with no lowering, but no lowering is good enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
He actually makes a comment about the handling around the 4:40 mark of that video. The XSE trim only brings cosmetic changes and no changes to handling :( Hopefully he just made an error.

·
Registered
1 Posts
He actually makes a comment about the handling around the 4:40 mark of that video. The XSE trim only brings cosmetic changes and no changes to handling :( Hopefully he just made an error.
According to the dealership I was just at the xse model has sport tuned suspension that isn't mentioned in any other trim and awd does downgrades the tire size to 18". There's a technology package that includes the jbl, wireless charging, led fog lights, rear entertainment system (tv) and a few other features that I'm forgetting. I choose the xse for the sport tuned suspension vs the limited trim.

·
Registered
39 Posts
According to the dealership I was just at the xse model has sport tuned suspension that isn't mentioned in any other trim and awd does downgrades the tire size to 18". There's a technology package that includes the jbl, wireless charging, led fog lights, rear entertainment system (tv) and a few other features that I'm forgetting. I choose the xse for the sport tuned suspension vs the limited trim.
Good that they didn’t mention lowering...

I’m guessing all AWD will get 18” regardless of trim, upsize or downsize, like current gen. Simplifies/standardizes AWD offering?

I’d choose XSE as the highest trim without the stupid box-thing protruding into 2nd row space.

Curious if the spare tire will be common or the exception?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good that they didn’t mention lowering...

I’m guessing all AWD will get 18” regardless of trim, upsize or downsize, like current gen. Simplifies/standardizes AWD offering?

I’d choose XSE as the highest trim without the stupid box-thing protruding into 2nd row space.

Curious if the spare tire will be common or the exception?
I agree I hope they didn't lower it. The 2020 Sienna I believe is 6.5" ground clearance while not much is still higher than the Odyssey's 4.5".

·
Registered
2020 Predawn Mica Gray Limited
35 Posts
Just watched the Alex video, I’m actually really disappointed.

We have a 2020 Limited and had contemplated upgrading due to the hybrid powertrain (we had a Highlander Hybrid and a Prius before getting this Sienna). We get pretty bad city mileage with this Sienna, we live in a smaller city (260k people) and don’t get on the highway unless it’s to go out of the city.

No fridge or vacuum (we don’t have one right now, but we would order the high-end model, so we would miss out).

No rear moonroof (I had seen this previously but the rear moonroof was a large factor in buying our Limited). The reasons for buying a high-end model are dwindling, especially because the safety features are standard on all models.

I saw where the spare tire went (we would order ours with a spare, no spare tire was the #1 reason we skipped a 2020 AWD) and it takes away cup holders from the rear (annoying that they could not design this any better) and we still use the 3rd row with our children, so functionally annoying as well.

The video finished and I was not excited at all, we may just hang on to our 2020 (and it’s trash city MPG) for a while.

·
Registered
50 Posts
A can of Fix-a-Flat and an air pump replaces the spare tire nowadays. I must really be getting old 😄

Have to admit it’s looking like my 2011 XLE will be my last mini. There are a few things I like on the 21, but not enough to consider it. Seems like lots of new shiny expensive things to break. Dunno, I plan on keeping mine for a good while anyways. Who knows what will be available by then. Flying Siennas!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was so pumped for a hybrid Sienna and would have probably considered switching up my 2008, but now that my annual mileage has gone from 16K km (10K miles) to 4K km (2500 miles), that idea's out the window.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts