Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
A can of Fix-a-Flat and an air pump replaces the spare tire nowadays. I must really be getting old 馃槃

Have to admit it鈥檚 looking like my 2011 XLE will be my last mini. There are a few things I like on the 21, but not enough to consider it. Seems like lots of new shiny expensive things to break. Dunno, I plan on keeping mine for a good while anyways. Who knows what will be available by then. Flying Siennas!
View attachment 47532
AWDs have been coming with run-flats for years since there is no room for a spare - that's where the diff goes. FWDs have been coming with a donut, which I will call AAA to replace on my 2017 FWD. Don't know about 2021s. They look nice, but I've got years to go on my 2017. You can always buy a full size spare and toss it in the back (which I did with my 2009 AWD and never used) but that's just how all mfgs are going these days.

Registered
Wow, I don鈥檛 think this is the van for me. I have a 2019 Limited FWD, and I chose it because of its features. I gave up AWD just to get the power 3rd row and Ottoman seats in the 2nd row as well as the spare, that is not inside the vehicle. I also wanted the 2nd moon / sun roof , it brings so much more light into the vehicle making it seem roomy and airy, and it gets a lot of use, both friends and family love that feature, it brings life to the car when the seats are full and both roofs are open and the windows down and the music up, the Sienna becomes very entertaining and a great place to be. I have owned a lot of cars in my life and have yet to find a need for a refrigerator in a car or van, so no big loss there, as for the vacuum the one in the back of my van works fine and it doesn鈥檛 block any space in the 2nd row. The only thing that extends into the 2nd row are the cup holders and electric outlets that slide back from the center console and they can be easily retracted allowing easy travel across the 2nd row. As for the 3rd row the cup holders have gotten their use and you lose the ones on the driver side if you add a spare tire to the new model, also the windows on my 3rd row are larger letting in more light and the are power as well, they didn鈥檛 mention in the videos if the 3rd row windows open on the new van. I only average 4 to 5 thousand miles a year and that is split between 3 vehicles so I can鈥檛 justify giving up so much horsepower just to have the hybrid system. I know my van is not a sports car, but a Sienna can get up and move quickly when you need it to. I must say I really like the new dash and center console, if it were possible to upgrade mine to that dash I would in a heart beat. However I do not care for the new Mega grille it鈥檚 just ugly. The SE and XSE have the fake intakes on the side in the front, I think the other versions without the fake intakes look better. Oh well things change and that鈥檚 just progress. I鈥檓 sure it will be a wonderful vehicle with the same great Toyota quality and maybe in time they will add some of the features that I like on my van and then, maybe. Just my 2 cents.

Registered
Non-removable second row seats are a no-go here. That's the primary reason why I bought a minivan over a cross-over - the ease of hauling 4x8 sheets of plywood. The home depot lumber cart is above the height of the tailgate, so 4x8 sheets fling in with ease. And while I'm not hauling 4x8 sheets that frequently, it is a good measure of space. Hauling a washer and dryer is a breeze. We use the van as extra sleeping quarters when camping.

Maybe when I sell my Sienna TRD I'll create a Voyager TRX, or a Pacifica Rubicon.

Registered
Good that they didn鈥檛 mention lowering...

I鈥檓 guessing all AWD will get 18鈥 regardless of trim, upsize or downsize, like current gen. Simplifies/standardizes AWD offering?

I鈥檇 choose XSE as the highest trim without the stupid box-thing protruding into 2nd row space.

Curious if the spare tire will be common or the exception?
Below is a link to a presentation on toyota's website. On slide 8 it says that the XSE has a "Sport-tuned suspension and steering" Later on Toyota should publish the full product information on there as well. Very handy to compare trims

Registered
Great find tc232. A mine of information about trims and features. I do not find power folding exterior mirrors with reverse auto tilting which the 2020 Sienna Limited has. Hope this shows up in the final spec sheet.

Registered
Great find tc232. A mine of information about trims and features. I do not find power folding exterior mirrors with reverse auto tilting which the 2020 Sienna Limited has. Hope this shows up in the final spec sheet.
I forgot to look for that I remember the first time I noticed my mirrors moving down by themselves when I put it in reverse, I thought 鈥渃ool鈥, the dealer really didn鈥檛 take the time to show me all the features my Sienna had, but I鈥檓 learning

Registered
I forgot to look for that I remember the first time I noticed my mirrors moving down by themselves when I put it in reverse, I thought 鈥渃ool鈥, the dealer really didn鈥檛 take the time to show me all the features my Sienna had, but I鈥檓 learning
I usually go to the dealers well-informed and usually end up teaching them about a feature or five :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Below is a link to a presentation on toyota's website. On slide 8 it says that the XSE has a "Sport-tuned suspension and steering" Later on Toyota should publish the full product information on there as well. Very handy to compare trims
So happy to hear about sport-tuned suspension and steering returning! Thanks for this info. Finally we know what the exterior colour choices are. The Blueprint looks interesting. I'm surprised there's a green colour!
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 9.03.47 AM.png

Registered
Blueprint looks much different/darker/better than the cheesy online representations.

A cypress was offered years ago, pretty dull & drab.

Predawn works well on our 3G, curious about 4G.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts