Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

I have purchased Wifi for a year in my 2021 sienna. For the last 6 days, I have not been able to “connect” to the internet. I have called the Toyota app support and they were not able to troubleshoot. My local dealership cannot get me in until May 17th. Anyone have any tips that have worked for them? I paid for the year up front so it’s not an issue with payment.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Turn it on and set a password. Find the IMEI number and call AT&T customer support.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
236 Posts
Was it working properly in the same location prior to 6 days ago?

I've noticed it's very finicky on the initial connect if you are not in a pristine signal area. Sometimes I had to toggle the wifi setting in the menu several times before it connected. This was only ever a problem in lower signal areas. At home and in other highly populated areas where ATT has a strong 4G signal have never had a problem connecting.

Try it in a few different areas and see if you can get it to connect easily perhaps somewhere near you that you know or can safely assume has a strong 4G signal.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
86 Posts
This may not be related. Although I cannot get anyone to admit it, a couple weeks ago, Toyota apparently had an outage where communication with the vehicles stopped for about 24 hours. This affected the Toyota connected services and wifi. The wifi on/off button in settings was greyed out and I was unable to use the Toyota app to get the status of the car. Maybe this has happened again. If I remember correctly, I had to go into settings and turn wifi back on once communication was restored. This could have been a problem with my car but I have not noticed the problem again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning,

I have purchased Wifi for a year in my 2021 sienna. For the last 6 days, I have not been able to “connect” to the internet. I have called the Toyota app support and they were not able to troubleshoot. My local dealership cannot get me in until May 17th. Anyone have any tips that have worked for them? I paid for the year up front so it’s not an issue with payment.
I also have the 2021 sienna and my wifi is out also!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts