Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently bought the 2021 Sienna XLE with the standard audio system. The sound coming out this system is close to atrocious. Has anyone had luck with its settings and if anyone is thinking about upgrading the speakers?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey there, I just bought a '21 XSE with the standard audio as well and plan to upgrade. Since I already have some Audiofrog GS25 and GS60 speakers laying around from a previous upgrade, I'm planning on going that route up front. The GS25 should just drop right into the dash and give a nice mid/full range upgrade. I took the door panel off on mine and the original speaker is a 6x9 looking housing with a round 6 3/4"ish speaker in the plastic. So one of those metra 6.5 > toyota 6x9 adapters should work. I'll document it all as I go, but I have to figure out a good small amp/DSP combo for it too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there, I just bought a '21 XSE with the standard audio as well and plan to upgrade. Since I already have some Audiofrog GS25 and GS60 speakers laying around from a previous upgrade, I'm planning on going that route up front. The GS25 should just drop right into the dash and give a nice mid/full range upgrade. I took the door panel off on mine and the original speaker is a 6x9 looking housing with a round 6 3/4"ish speaker in the plastic. So one of those metra 6.5 > toyota 6x9 adapters should work. I'll document it all as I go, but I have to figure out a good small amp/DSP combo for it too.
Were you able to upgrade the speakers?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I took out the factory dash speaker which appears to be a small wideband/tweeter and will be installing this audiofrog GS25 in place. The GS25 normally has metal tabs which fit perfectly in a Toyota, but mine were removed as they were in my Tesla previously. The factory speakers have a little 5.6uf cap on there as a high pass filter at around 7100hz. So that means the doors are handling everything from like 50hz to 7100hz and these things are the "high end". No wonder it sounds so muddy. I need to figure out a good value to stick on these until I can get a DSP/Amp wired up. These GS25s sounded awesome in the Tesla, so I'm sure they'll be amazing in the Sienna. They aren't cheap though, about $225 a pair, but they're amazing. I'll either pair them with some 6.5" midbass in the doors or some Audiofrog GS690 6x9. That combo will rock even without a sub.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just posted how to do the dash speakers here:

They sound amazing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts