Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously owned a 2012 and a 2017 Sienna, both of them had safety recalls for the sliding door unlatching itself while the van is in motion. Did anyone experience it on the 2021? I had it happen once while was driving on the local roads, the door open light suddenly came on while in motion.

Registered
2016 Toyota Sienna XLE Premium 8 Passengers 馃殣
I can't recall anyone mentioning it recently BUT I would definitely report it to Toyota. It'll help you out later as well as others who may come across it.

Registered
I previously owned a 2012 and a 2017 Sienna, both of them had safety recalls for the sliding door unlatching itself while the van is in motion. Did anyone experience it on the 2021? I had it happen once while was driving on the local roads, the door open light suddenly came on while in motion.
Does this happen with the doors locked?

Registered
2021 Blueprint Sienna Platinum AWD 鈥淭he Cruising Vessel鈥
This would be incredibly scary for anyone driving with kids in the back. Did the door actually slide open while driving or did the indicator light just come on @HSG?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it did not slide open, but the door ajar light came on, had to pull over open and close it. there was a recall in the previous generation Siennas both in the US and Canada.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts