Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I'm really disappointed that they no longer have the hidden rear window wiper. Now it looks like every other car on the road and makes the rear window harder to clean.
The hidden wiper certainly was a nifty design element. However, there have been numerous complaints on this forum about how poorly the hidden rear wiper cleaned the back window. Mine may have worked better than most due to obsessively cleaning the glass with denatured alcohol and applying water repellant to it. And maybe I replaced wiper inserts more frequently than some people - always twice per year pre-pandemic.

We have a 2012 Prius v wagon that has its rear wiper at the bottom center of the back window similar to the wiper location on the 2021 gen 4 Sienna. The back wiper on our Prius works better than the hidden back wiper on our gen 3 Sienna. And the Prius rear wiper insert is much easier to change for obvious reasons. And it's easier to clean the gunk off the exposed wiper blade insert in foul weather.

But wait, there's more! (using Ron Popeil's favorite phrase) The Prius rear wiper sits right on top of a defroster grid wiper when in it's stored position. The gen 3 Sienna's rear wiper is several inches from the nearest defroster grid wire when it is in its stored position.

The only functional "plus" I can think of for the gen 3 hidden rear wiper is that it is protected from freezing in an ice storm when the vehicle is parked outside.

Maybe Toyota responded to complaints about the gen 3 hidden rear wiper.

While I completely agree that the gen 3 hidden rear wiper looks nicer, I'll choose function over form on this one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd be surprised if many people are able to purchase the 2021 Sienna for below MSRP over the next few months. I'd bet the demand is a lot higher than people think with the number of vehicles Toyota is manufacturing, not including what COVID-19 is doing to the market. For example, at my local dealership in Central Oregon, they were allocated four 2021 Siennas, but three of those are already sold... and they haven't even arrived on the lot yet!
Poking around online w/ dealerships from Ohio to Maryland, I see several under MSRP. I found a Limited for $3K under MSRP.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Oh I'm sorry, actually this was about Sienna's hitting southern Cal. But of course, you're free to talk about anything you want, right?
I was responding to bidwell's post in this thread (post #20) about the rear wiper not being hidden on the gen 4 Sienna. I responded with information relevant to his post.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm hoping to be picking up an XSE in ruby red pretty soon. So far the ones that I have found were slightly discounted already, Tryin to time my purchase at the best possible time which would be right between Black Friday and Christmas. Dealer incentives should have them hungry to sell. Also, Toyota may have a Good customer incentive to offer I'm hoping.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've contacted 4 dealers in my area in San Diego and they all tell me no AWDs and none in the pipeline. Trying to get a LE AWD in Silver or White with Spare Tire. May have to order. One dealer told me up to 3 months to receive when ordering and another told me up to 5 months.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've contacted 4 dealers in my area in San Diego and they all tell me no AWDs and none in the pipeline. Trying to get a LE AWD in Silver or White with Spare Tire. May have to order. One dealer told me up to 3 months to receive when ordering and another told me up to 5 months.
If you want it quicker, try branching out. I ordered my 2004 Prius from a dealership in Fresno and got it 3-4 months earlier than I would have anywhere else in so cal. It was well worth the drive up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd be surprised if many people are able to purchase the 2021 Sienna for below MSRP over the next few months. I'd bet the demand is a lot higher than people think with the number of vehicles Toyota is manufacturing, not including what COVID-19 is doing to the market. For example, at my local dealership in Central Oregon, they were allocated four 2021 Siennas, but three of those are already sold... and they haven't even arrived on the lot yet!
There are multiple examples of under MSRP on the forums so I'll hold out for a dealer that will, should be plenty of vehicles coming here to Southern California.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Went to dealer and tried to order a Silver LE AWD with Spare+Roof Rails. Was told can only order what is configurable on website. So I would have to change the color to White or Gray. Or I would have to drop the roof rails. Wasn’t sure if I could order the rails later and install myself and dealer didn’t know so I ended up leaving to think about what to do. May just get White instead. I tried different zip codes from Fresno, Bakersfield, Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Monterey to see if I was able to configure it in those locals but it got even more limited in selection in doing so.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts