Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any instruction sets for installing the tow harness kit PT791-08150. I've got a pretty good idea what all I need to do, but want to double-check.

Also, I could not for the life of me find the 7-pin to 4-pin simple converter that installs in the wheel well area of the driverside rear. If they are still using that, I would love to know the part number so I don't have to take off the brake lights and run all these damn wires.

Thanks!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Looking for any instruction sets for installing the tow harness kit PT791-08150. I've got a pretty good idea what all I need to do, but want to double-check.

Also, I could not for the life of me find the 7-pin to 4-pin simple converter that installs in the wheel well area of the driverside rear. If they are still using that, I would love to know the part number so I don't have to take off the brake lights and run all these damn wires.

Thanks!
Check this video out - should be the same wiring harness install:

Car Care Nut Installs 2021 Sienna Factory Trailer Wiring Harness

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately that's the conversion module that has been discontinued(?). Part number PK96008B03.
Can't imagine that they would discontinue the module without a replacement on a new vehicle they are promoting selling the factory tow hitch. I would ask a question in the comments on the Care Care Nut video and see if he has any info - he is a Toyota Master Tech and ver responsive to any questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't imagine that they would discontinue the module without a replacement on a new vehicle they are promoting selling the factory tow hitch. I would ask a question in the comments on the Care Care Nut video and see if he has any info - he is a Toyota Master Tech and ver responsive to any questions.
Yep, ended up calling a dealership today to find out what was going on. He said they can get them from the warehouse, but aren't available online anywhere for whatever reason. So, I'll have to pay list price at the dealership and send this one back as it's for the older models. Fingers crossed, I don't get ripped off for a return fee.

·
Registered
161 Posts
im guessing it has to do with toyota not wanting to sell them without selling the draw bar with it. the "kit" is like $830, which includes the wiring adapter, the draw bar, the panel, and the bolts. Its likely they are worried about parts supplies, so they don't sell just the harness adapter on its own anymore without specifically getting a dealer to order it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used E-Trailer.com's equivalent 4 pin harness/adapter (TK69FR) that installs identically for about $80. I also installed a Curt 57672 dual-output 4-pin flat to 7-pin adapter from Amazon for about $30.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts