Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
1,368 Posts
There's a TSB mentioned in one of the threads with similar battery issue. A few people (4 - 6??) here had their batteries replaced because they were faulty from the get go, or died prematurely within months. I say get a 2nd battery check from Autozone or others.

I would tell dealer to keep It until they fix it. You shouldn't have to look for solutions yourself. You should get a loaner too.

I hope you get it sorted out soon.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
You're right. There are 2 batteries. First is the Traction or High Voltage battery that is used to drive the car as needed. These are under two front seats. The 2nd is the traditional 12V battery that is used to power the computers that manage the drivetrain. For reasons that are beyond my purview or understanding, Toyota needs 12V battery for the car to function normally.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Curious what would have changed from 2021 to 2022 models that results in the kick sensor problem showing up in 2022. Pretty much figured there the same vehicle.
May be the number of users? Last winter was the first one for this Gen. I suppose a lot fewer users last winter didn't cause all possible issues to bubble up until now?

FWIW, sitting in the car with lights and music on for about 15 minutes is enough to trigger the Low battery symptoms. I had it happen to us this week when kids got to it 15 minutes before I did. They got the ACC on for music. When I tried to get it going, I got the parking brake message. Luckily, cycling it off and on got me going again. Temperature was in 30s.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
I agree the hands free door closers are mostly an advertising gimmick that rarely works. ....
I use hands free side doors all the time. Side door ones have worked without me putting in much learning efforts to it. The rear one needed some practice, but now it's obscured by my hitch so I can't use it much. It needs very precise swipe over the hitch to make it work.

However, in reference to this thread, the rear one kept closing on me recently when I was trying to put stuff back there during light rain. I tried standing away from the sensor but it still kept triggering. I suspect that rain drops on the hitch might have been the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts