Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Any update from you guys with battery problems? Just put a deposit in Canada on a 22 XSE AWD and when I tried to test drive the car (Limited version), battery was dead in front of the salesperson. Hopefully they fix this problem ASAP.

· Registered
24 Posts
I also have a Canadian 2022 XSE AWD
Had the battery problem for the first time 2 weeks ago.. Jump started and recharged the battery.
Last monday, battery dead when I was going to job, jump started again and went to the dealer to check the problem.
They did a lot of tests with the vehicle but can't find a solution.
Technical advisor called me yesterday and told me that 2 Toyota engineers are coming Tuesday next week to check what's going on!
They told me that at this dealer, 3 people got the same problem as me so yeah..

To be follow!
Do you know if the TSB we hear about was applied to your vehicle? Anyway, thanks for reporting your situation and if possible, let us know! I live in an area where temperatures frequently drop to -20C/-25C and even less sometimes and this kinda scares me to leave my wife and kids stuck. I specifically bought a Sienna for the reliability :(

· Registered
24 Posts
My salesperson just called me back this evening because I questioned him about those battery problems on Siennas. For some context, I put a deposit on a 2022 XSE AWD 2 weeks ago and when I tried to test drive the car, the battery was dead in front of the salesperson. That made me search on forums regarding this issue. When I went back to test drive the car, I talked to him about my concerns and initially, he said he heard about one occasion that one of his customer had battery troubles twice but that was all he heard about. I asked him to investigate further because of what we read on forums online. Well he called back and he said he was told that approximately 50% (!!) of all Siennas presently sold here (Quebec, Canada) have battery problems and that apparently Toyota is aware and trying to find a fix to the problem. The dealership management suggested to use the Comfort package ($$) (battery heater or charger) to completely avoid this problem until the fix is found. So it definitely seems to be a very common issue.

· Registered
24 Posts
Got a call back from Toyota this morning, they had my Sienna for 1 week to do some test and the best Toyota Canada engineer was at my dealer yesterday. They finally found the problem that some people here already mentioned (Kick sensors) Technical advisor told me that Toyota will release a fix in the coming weeks and for now they disabled all kick sensors. I will finally get back my Sienna this afternoon and waiting for a permanent fix!
This is very encouraging!

· Registered
24 Posts
If Toyota is listening, then, I can tell them like the cops sometimes say on TV: "We can do this the easy way (Toyota fix the problem regardless of cost) or the hard way". The hard way is by toyota making this problem the customers problem, when it should be the companies problem, and forcing a class action lawsuit.

For any owners who are experiecing this problem, repeatedly, I recommend contacting a "lemon law" law firm, if Toyota cant/wont fix it satisfactorily, and it would appear they wont.
I thought there was a bulletin already issued by Toyota to fix the problem. I would think all Siennas will be fixed easily?
Funny how when I went into my dealership to test drive the car a year ago, it was dead. He was able to drive it to park it inside but then it would no longer start when I went in it. I had to come back the week after to test it. Battery was dead, dealership had no clue why and said that it stayed outside in cold temps for a few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts