Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Disabled all 3 kick sensors in February after three dead battery experienced. No issues since in 5,000 mi /2 mo. We park in area of poor cell coverage and sometimes leave car undriven for 2 weeks at a time and those do not seem to be the cause of the battery drain Sensors sure seem to be the cause of drain. Now for Toyota to step up and correct the problem which I assume is a software upgrade.
Were you able to disable the sensors yourself or did dealer had to do it for you?

· Registered
78 Posts
2022 AWD Platinum with the entertainment package. 16,000 miles on it and had it for just over a year. So far we've woken up to a drained battery about 8-10 times since we purchased it over the past year. The dealership has had it for days at a time (up to a week) for this and various other issues and can't reproduce the issue so hence has done nothing about it.

It's an infuriating problem. I hope Toyota figures this out. I'm about to call lemon law on this thing.
Are you in a colder climate? A lot of people have posted about battery dieing after cold nights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts