Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
41 - 60 of 156 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a Canadian 2022 XSE. My battery discharged twice last week overnight. Only 4000km on the car. I brought it to dealer they said it was due to DCM Power draw and did a software DCM software update:
HAD TO BOOST CAR TWICE, CEL OFF NOW
CAUSE: SOFTWARE UPDATE AVAILABLE PER TCI-5389
OFP 8674106092
CORRECTION: PERFORMED DCM SOFTWARE UPDATE

So it looks like even 2022 models don't have the recent DCM update..time will tell if this fixes the problem as it's only been a day with the new update.
Thank you, I'll make sure to mention your situation to our dealership. This is encouraging if it can be fixed with a simple update.

We just had to boost our Sienna again this morning, for the viewing pleasure of our euro cars mechanic neighbour, who asked "how the new car was going" with the sh*ttiest of grins, while holding the other pair of reds and blacks...

Hope the software update does the trick for you!

· Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone come across a 2022 sienna that has to be jump started almost every morning - especially in the cold? Dealer couldn’t recreate the problem when we brought it in. Is there something that we are doing that is draining the battery? It’s not the lights we are militant about making sure the dome/map lights are off.
thanks,
Andrew
Their famous, for that!!! The dealer, that is...

· Registered
2021 XSE AWD Tech
325 Posts
I have the 2021 XSE AWD with over 5000km on it and the battery does not have any problem, start right up even at -20C temperature. Just updated my Audio to the latest version. Something is not right for sure. Hopefully the dealer figure it out or escalate it to Toyota Canada.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys good news! It actually died while the dealer had it! After a visit from the production engineers they believe the side door kick sensors are staying active after the van is off causing the battery to slowly drain. This is just their idea but it’s a step in the right direction! Hopefully you guys can have this checked on yours!

· Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone come across a 2022 sienna that has to be jump started almost every morning - especially in the cold? Dealer couldn’t recreate the problem when we brought it in. Is there something that we are doing that is draining the battery? It’s not the lights we are militant about making sure the dome/map lights are off.
thanks,
Andrew
YES! This is happening to me too. I'm on my 3rd time of waking up to a dead battery. I also brought it to the dealer after the 2nd time for them to say nothing is wrong and to move my key fab away from the car which I did and then it happened again when I was traveling and came back to a dead battery at the airport. Very frustrating. Something must be draining these batteries. Any update on your end from Toyota?

· Registered
24 Posts
Any update from you guys with battery problems? Just put a deposit in Canada on a 22 XSE AWD and when I tried to test drive the car (Limited version), battery was dead in front of the salesperson. Hopefully they fix this problem ASAP.

· Registered
3 Posts
Any update from you guys with battery problems? Just put a deposit in Canada on a 22 XSE AWD and when I tried to test drive the car (Limited version), battery was dead in front of the salesperson. Hopefully they fix this problem ASAP.
I also have a Canadian 2022 XSE AWD
Had the battery problem for the first time 2 weeks ago.. Jump started and recharged the battery.
Last monday, battery dead when I was going to job, jump started again and went to the dealer to check the problem.
They did a lot of tests with the vehicle but can't find a solution.
Technical advisor called me yesterday and told me that 2 Toyota engineers are coming Tuesday next week to check what's going on!
They told me that at this dealer, 3 people got the same problem as me so yeah..

To be follow!

· Registered
1,253 Posts
Had the battery problem for the first time 2 weeks ago.. Jump started and recharged the battery.
Last monday, battery dead when I was going to job, jump started again and went to the dealer to check the problem.
Technical advisor called me yesterday and told me that 2 Toyota engineers are coming Tuesday next week to check what's going on!

To be follow!
Did they check kick sensors being on even when van off?

· Registered
24 Posts

To be follow!
Do you know if the TSB we hear about was applied to your vehicle? Anyway, thanks for reporting your situation and if possible, let us know! I live in an area where temperatures frequently drop to -20C/-25C and even less sometimes and this kinda scares me to leave my wife and kids stuck. I specifically bought a Sienna for the reliability :(

· Registered
1 Posts

To be follow!
I have a 2022 Sienna XSE AWD as well, battery died and the dealership charged it and said no codes so nothing wrong with battery. Brought it home battery died again within a few days. Towed it back. They wont even investigate further without their computer throwing a code. Obviously something is draining it. What dealership are you at where they have 3 with the same problem? I want to tell my service department to call your dealership. Thanks.

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2022 Sienna XSE AWD as well, battery died and the dealership charged it and said no codes so nothing wrong with battery. Brought it home battery died again within a few days. Towed it back. They wont even investigate further without their computer throwing a code. Obviously something is draining it. What dealership are you at where they have 3 with the same problem? I want to tell my service department to call your dealership. Thanks.
I am not in Canada however we are having the same issue here in the states. Ask them to look into the hands free kick sensors. They are attributing this issue to the sensors is what we are being told

· Registered
10 Posts
It seems these all these dead batteries just started happening about a month ago. I wonder why only then? Could it be cold weather that has uncovered/excacerbated the kick sensor battery drain? Seems like this is a real issue. Whenever I start my car now I'm half expecting it to be dead.

· Registered
1,253 Posts
It seems these all these dead batteries just started happening about a month ago. I wonder why only then? Could it be cold weather that has uncovered/excacerbated the kick sensor battery drain? Seems like this is a real issue. Whenever I start my car now I'm half expecting it to be dead.
Good point about the cold.

Wonder if salt/ice/snow/mud build up underneath also contributing?

· Registered
28 Posts
Well, I posted previously that we had dead battery twice in within a few days back in December on our 2022 xle. Dealer looked into it and found nothing. Had no issues for 6 weeks until yesterday when we parked at 3:00pm and by 8am the car would not start with temps at +10F. Over the previous six weeks, it had sat up to 5 days in -30F weather and started right up. We had used the sliding drivers door and rear hatch both times prior to the dead battery issue. Both times there also would have also been possibility of snow slop/crud on the sensors. Just bought a $100 portable jump start because I can't rely on my brand new +$50,000 Sienna. Dang, I thought I bought Toyota :/ Wonder if I can get Toyota to pay for the portable. Is there an easy way to disconnect the sensors like pulling a fuse until they figure this out? I'm guessing everyone experiencing this issue is in snow country.

· Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone had the overnight battery depletion occur without possibility of snow gunked up sensors? I'm not suggesting just the crud on the sensors but perhaps that in combination with push button door opening that causes the sensor to remain on and deplete battery.

41 - 60 of 156 Posts