Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide what upgrades are on the AWD Platinum that ar NOT on the AWD Limited. AWD is a requirement for us. This is what I see. Am I missing anything and how much value do YOU place on each feature and why?

1) PLATINUM ONLY: Signature Bi-LED projector headlamps
2) PLATINUM ONLY: Bird’s eye view camera
3) PLATINUM ONLY: Rain-sensing windshield wipers
4) PLATINUM ONLY: Ventilated front seats
5) PLATINUM ONLY: Heated steering wheel

With the scarcity of these vehicles, I am trying to decide whether to accept a LIMITED or hold out for my first wish, a PLATINUM. I am also not 100% sure I will love the Noble Brown interior on the Platinum.

Last question. Am I reading the other threads correctly that with the AWD we cannot have the ottoman in the second row?

Thanks for your guidance!

·
Registered
Sienna Platinum Wind Chill Pearl
69 Posts
Make little sense for you to choose between platinum vs limited is only bout 2g difference and if the inventory is available for you to pick from. I was willing to take the limited but since platinum was available at the dealership, no reason trying to save 2g. 2022 model you can have the ottoman in the awd model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make little sense for you to choose between platinum vs limited is only bout 2g difference and if the inventory is available for you to pick from. I was willing to take the limited but since platinum was available at the dealership, no reason trying to save 2g. 2022 model you can have the ottoman in the awd model.
I have NOT been able to find an AWD PLATINUM, but MAY have found a Limited. That is why I am searching for input on these features and trying to decide whether to continue my search or give up and buy a Limited.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the definite answer on the AWD and ottoman.

·
Registered
Sienna Platinum Wind Chill Pearl
69 Posts
I have NOT been able to find an AWD PLATINUM, but MAY have found a Limited. That is why I am searching for input on these features and trying to decide whether to continue my search or give up and buy a Limited.
I completely understand. I was on the same boat as you. Im just saying if you willing to wait and pay extra i would just stay with the platinum. The only thing I wish i had was spare tire option.
I find the hub and vent seats very useful especially long road trips. Hope you get model you want.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks for the definite answer on the AWD and ottoman.
Keep in mind, this is only true if you don’t have the spare tire. If you have the spare, then one of the other 2 must get subtracted (AWD or ottoman). Can‘t have all 3.

Heres what I came up with when asking same question on the 2021 model:

-Bird's eye view 360 degree camera
-10" Color HUD
-2nd row heated seats
-Heated steering wheel
-Rain sensing wipers
-Bi-LED headlights

4) PLATINUM ONLY: Ventilated front seats
unless it’s changed for 2022, fairly certain these are on the Limited, too.

·
Registered
21 Sienna AWD Plat Silver
871 Posts

My thoughts on this are in thread above.

One thing different from thread above is that you can have Plat+AWD+Ottomans but without the spare. 2021 AWDs didn't come with Ottomans, period.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

One thing different from thread above is that you can have Plat+AWD+Ottomans but without the spare. 2021 AWDs didn't come with Ottomans, period.
Yes, I read your thread, and it was helpful, but I was not certain how many changes there were from 2021 to 2022.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Limited won the family over the Platinum solely based on interior color. The multi tone interior was hideous and seemed like a mod podge of interior parts. Beige upper Door panels, gray lower door panels, brown dashboard, and the biggest pet peeve was the black headliner making a spacious van feel dark and cramped inside. Heated steering wheel, heated second row seats, and 360 cameras are the only things I wish my Limited trim had but ultimately no regrets with going with a Ruby Limited with the grey interior.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To me the Platinum won out because of the bird's eye eye camera. For a vehicle the size of the Sienna it was must-have for me. Love the feature.

·
Registered
76 Posts
HUD and birds eye view camera alone were worth it enough for me to not consider other trims.

I basically don’t look at the instrument panel while driving.

I assume you are buying a car to keep for more than a couple years so I would hold out and get what you want. I don’t think you will ever have regrets going with a higher end trim. You might regret it going with a lower one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We chose a Limited vs Platinum because of the interior color. There is no way I could learn to live with the Platinum colors.

·
Registered
100 Posts
We preferred the Platinum because of the birds eye view feature and the rain sensing wipers, but the brown/beige/grey/black interior color scheme did not appeal to us. We settled for a Limited with the grey interior, as it looked much better to our mind’s eye. Of course, color is a personal preference, but that Platinum interior to us looked like a car that was assembled from multiple cars from salvage yard parts. Come on, Toyota. Offer more than one interior color in your top of the line model!

·
Registered
13 Posts

So 2022 Plats AWD have Ottomans. What about 2022 Limited AWD? Do they have Ottomans as well?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts