Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
361 - 380 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
607 Posts
It looks like $41,790 is the option-free price of your configuration. There are special colors that cost about $500 extra. There are most likely some options that also come with the car. What I would do is look at the window sticker. You may be able to access that from the dealers web site. If not ask for a copy or look at the car. That is the MSRP price. Ask the salesman to explain how they got from the window sticker price to the $46,221 that is listed in the breakdown. Most likely it is a straight market adjustment fee which is a dealer adjustment to the price of the vehicle. That is something that may be able to be negotiated since it just goes to the profit the dealer makes on the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is the breakdown attached View attachment 56095
. It appears to be a flat 3k markup on msrp and I dont know what that included. Salesman was misleading and aggressive. I absolutely hate this process.

Squeezing more out of them for my trade in makes me feel slightly better. Haven't taken possession of the vehicle or completed financing so no idea where I stand on options now.
You can ask them to send you the Spec Sheet. Should include the VIN, MSRP, add-on's.

Is the admin fee essentially a markup?

In some states, the title/license/DMV/registration fees are capped by state law. If it's not capped, you could get an idea for what other dealers in your state/city are charging by looking for all (non-Sienna) new auto sales.

·
Registered
2004 LE FWD 165K
104 Posts
Salesman was misleading and aggressive
Red flag already. Walk away or string them along (like they would do to you) and use the offer to negotiate with other dealers. A few still offer Costco pricing but some here have had mixed results with such dealers.

If a salesperson or entire dealership is being misleading, things aren't magically going to get better. Problem is we are in such a unique environment that the dealer has the power for now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Currently in north NJ and it is a nightmare trying to get a sienna XLE or XSE.

Base is 47k for both. Then mark is 5k for the XLE and 9k for the XSE... ridiculous. OTD price is either 56k or 60k.

Does anyone know nearby state that isnt having giant mark up like this?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just put a 1k non refundable deposit on mine today for AWD XSE with no spare tire.
47k + 5k dealers fee + TTL = 56.8k OTD. In north NJ. Suppose to start building today and arrive in 2 months.

which I think is ridiculous. We also have $500 deposit at a another dealership that wanted 9k dealers fee for an XSE. Needless to say we’re going to cancel that deal.

hopefully market gets better for future sienna buyers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: XLE
FWD or AWD: FWD
Price Paid (base + destination): MSRP=$43179...Total Optional Equipment $2154.00 Vehicle base model $39,850.00 Delivery processing / handling $1,175.00
Price Paid (out of the door): MSRP + $899 Doc/Filing fee + TTL + $250 delivery fee to bring car to me = $47,267
Add-ons (if any): All from factory, Roof rail, all weather, special color, mud guards, phone cable and charger package, clear pain door package, Toyoguard
Exterior Color: Windchill pearl (white)
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 10-29-2021
State and region: Georgia , cent View attachment 53092 View attachment 53091 View attachment 53092 View attachment 53091 View attachment 53092
View attachment 53091
ral
Trim: XLE
FWD or AWD: FWD
Price Paid (base + destination): MSRP=$43179...Total Optional Equipment $2154.00 Vehicle base model $39,850.00 Delivery processing / handling $1,175.00
Price Paid (out of the door): MSRP + $899 Doc/Filing fee + TTL + $250 delivery fee to bring car to me = $47,267
Add-ons (if any): All from factory, Roof rail, all weather, special color, mud guards, phone cable and charger package, clear pain door package, Toyoguard
Exterior Color: Windchill pearl (white)
Interior Color: Beige
Date Purchased: 10-29-2021
State and region: Georgia , cent View attachment 53092 View attachment 53091 View attachment 53092 View attachment 53091 View attachment 53092
View attachment 53091
ral
I am also in Georgia. Do you mind letting me know what dealership this (location and name)? I put in a deposit at one dealer but its been a month and still nothing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I feel like I'm getting a pretty average amount of screwing on my deal:
Platinum AWD with no spare 51,485
Inverter 300
Entertainment 1,415
Color (red) 425
All-Weather Floor mats 220
Quick Charge Cable (the one I'm most grumpy about, but in the end, immaterial) 70
Protection Package 423
Wireless Headphones (also a bit grumpy) 100
Destination 1215

Total MSRP 55,653
BS Dealer Package (essentially paintless dent repair and 2 more oil changes after ToyotaCare is up) - 1,877
BS Doc Fee 499

Out the door ex tax: $58,029

Getting it sometime in mid-late June

·
Registered
27 Posts
Inverter 300
Entertainment 1,415
Color (red) 425
Quick Charge Cable (the one I'm most grumpy about, but in the end, immaterial) 70
Protection Package 423
Destination 1215

Total MSRP 55,653
BS Dealer Package (essentially paintless dent repair and 2 more oil changes after ToyotaCare is up) - 1,877
BS Doc Fee 499

which dealership is this? I’m surprise you didn’t get any dealership fees

·
Registered
650 Posts
Inverter 300
Entertainment 1,415
Color (red) 425
Protection Package 423
Destination 1215

Total MSRP 55,653
BS Doc Fee 499

Not great however in some markets there are 5k+ markups so yes, not overly horrendous.

Can't wait until tables turn on dealership markups... perhaps another 1 1/2 years??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Total looks to be about $3000 in unnecessary items/services... sounds about middle of the road.

The configuration (AWD, RES, inverter) seems nice. Only wish there wasn't a DRM shortage across the entire Toyota fleet. Let us know how it goes.

If you have a trade in, make them earn it! Definitely should have wiggle room.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to ask those who were at some point on a waitlist --- how did you go about getting updates? Call every month? Wait for them to reach out?

I am also curious the level of documentation that you guys received to indicate your place in line? I've received a receipt of my deposit. One of the two dealers also provided me with an order sheet listing just very basic deals and price listed as "MSRP."

Just curious other's experiences have been. Thanks!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just wanted to ask those who were at some point on a waitlist --- how did you go about getting updates? Call every month? Wait for them to reach out?

I am also curious the level of documentation that you guys received to indicate your place in line? I've received a receipt of my deposit. One of the two dealers also provided me with an order sheet listing just very basic deals and price listed as "MSRP."

Had full bill of sale but no VIN #.

Basically what you would see on toyota web site if you build it plus local fees and taxes and lic fees.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Sometimes dealers will call you if their updated allocation list matches what you are looking for.
Other times I've followed up by calling directly every couple weeks to see if they received an updated allocation list and if what I want is on there.

I placed my deposit back in late January, was quoted 6-9 months for an XLE 8 passenger, and our sales guy has sent us an e-mail once a month.

·
Registered
22 Posts

dealer had a website portal that shows the vehicle specs, msrp, add on costs, and TTL.

a couple weeks in i realized the fees changed, so i would advise printing or saving to pdf the pages.

i called my sales rep every 4 weeks.

361 - 380 of 418 Posts