Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
401 - 418 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
2004 LE-8
121 Posts
Yea, I've got some time. Not going to pay above MSRP. The way the macro forces are looking in the greater economy, I'm hoping we'll see a shift in the car market soon.
The TrueCar prices appear lower than they did when I was looking - rising inflation, rising interest rates vs a sharp cut in Sienna production.

My old Sienna's emissions expires at the end of the month and it's not worth getting it fixed. Just passed 170K miles yesterday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea, I've got some time. Not going to pay above MSRP. The way the macro forces are looking in the greater economy, I'm hoping we'll see a shift in the car market soon.
I also wouldn't pay much over MSRP. I might a tiny bit if I really needed it. I think there is a recession looming and as I did in 2008 during that recession, the world was on sale, so I ended up buying a new car (for much under invoice) and a new rental property.

That being said, I paid MSRP for my XLE w/ Plus Package.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Talked to my sales guy at Longo Toyota (El Monte, CA) here in Southern California. We were quoted a 6-9 month timeframe when we originally placed our deposit back in late January, but he said because of the war in Ukraine in February, plus the Toyota production cuts over the proceeding months, the timeframe is looking alot like a year wait.

I had asked about if he could give me a number of where we were at in line (e.g. 200 out of 1000) but he couldn't...or wouldn't? give me that information.

Sorry for my socal friends still waiting.

I did place a deposit at another dealer that promised MSRP + $2000 paint protection package and that car is coming next week. I think I might be done waiting at Longo if it means I don't have to wait another half or whole year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Talked to my sales guy at Longo Toyota (El Monte, CA) here in Southern California. We were quoted a 6-9 month timeframe when we originally placed our deposit back in late January, but he said because of the war in Ukraine in February, plus the Toyota production cuts over the proceeding months, the timeframe is looking alot like a year wait.

I had asked about if he could give me a number of where we were at in line (e.g. 200 out of 1000) but he couldn't...or wouldn't? give me that information.

Sorry for my socal friends still waiting.

I did place a deposit at another dealer that promised MSRP + $2000 paint protection package and that car is coming next week. I think I might be done waiting at Longo if it means I don't have to wait another half or whole year.
So glad I took the $3k pure mark-up at Claremont in March for an AWD Plat. I got on the waitlist at Longo in January and in March, I was #261 I believe out of about 1000 people at the time, so they definitely know your place in line.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So glad I took the $3k pure mark-up at Claremont in March for an AWD Plat. I got on the waitlist at Longo in January and in March, I was #261 I believe out of about 1000 people at the time, so they definitely know your place in line.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too, I wonder if it means my sales guy really knows what he is doing or if he's just clueless...not a good look either way.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Try to talk to another sale rep or manager, my guy at Longo said im #41 out of 1500 something.. so hopefully i get one in the next 2-3 months :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try to talk to another sale rep or manager, my guy at Longo said im #41 out of 1500 something.. so hopefully i get one in the next 2-3 months :)
yea i spoke with a friend who is in line for a sienna limited who placed his deposit the same time as me (late January 2022) and his sales girl told him he was #40 back on May 31; they only get about 1-2 Limiteds a month and maybe about 20 siennas a month.

I was surprised that number was so low- thought with Longo being their #1 volume dealer they’d get at least 50-100 every month.

·
Registered
76 Posts
To be fair, there isn't a shortage of Sienna's in SoCal if you are willing to pay more. There's a shortage if you want to pay MSRP...haha.. I was firm about not wanting to pay over MSRP, so I got mine at Longo and got lucky but you can pick up a Sienna at 10k over MSRP within 2 weeks max and if a car came in, the same day at some places.

·
Registered
28 Posts
To be fair, there isn't a shortage of Sienna's in SoCal if you are willing to pay more. There's a shortage if you want to pay MSRP...haha.. I was firm about not wanting to pay over MSRP, so I got mine at Longo and got lucky but you can pick up a Sienna at 10k over MSRP within 2 weeks max and if a car came in, the same day at some places.
oh i know that, but i’m not paying any markups so I’ll continue to wait it out at Longo. given what honda man said i have to be in the 30’s for the waiting list since i placed mine a month before he did.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
607 Posts
I was surprised that number was so low- thought with Longo being their #1 volume dealer they’d get at least 50-100 every month.
50-100 is 1% of the total production. There are over 1200 Toyota dealers in the US alone. The production total has to be shared among all US/Canada dealers. That averages 5-8 Siennas per dealer. Certainly, the higher volume dealers get more and others get less, so up to 20 seems about right for the high volume dealer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
oh i know that, but i’m not paying any markups so I’ll continue to wait it out at Longo. given what honda man said i have to be in the 30’s for the waiting list since i placed mine a month before he did.
I agree, I refuse to pay over MSRP for a minivan....haha... I tried last year for a few months to try and negotiate MSRP and wasn't successful, so I bit the bullet, put my deposit down at Longo but I got lucky cause I put my deposit down before the big rush, deposit down in November 2021 and picked up the car in Feb 2022, Platinum trim, didn't get the color I wanted since I got Blueprint but I was wanted the white...haha... But the blue is growing on me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone have recent feedback on shorter wait times at some of the rural dealers (ie midwest)? Deer just took ours of commission so now I'm jumping back in line to try and find another Sienna.

I don't mind traveling to get one sooner (I'm in Southeast) but idk if it makes that much difference with the current state of affairs..

·
Registered
649 Posts
Anyone have recent feedback on shorter wait times at some of the rural dealers (ie midwest)? Deer just took ours of commission so now I'm jumping back in line to try and find another Sienna.

I don't mind traveling to get one sooner (I'm in Southeast) but idk if it makes that much difference with the current state of affairs..
Try calling local and out of state dealerships if any unallocated or cancelled Siennas. Then act FAST if they have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, I suppose calling would be more productive. I have emailed a few and it's incredibly difficult to get a straight answer on inventory.
Be careful when dealing with far away or out of state dealers, my friend closed a deal for the new Rav4 Prime and when he fly over there to pick up and sign the paper, they ask him to pay 5k more or no deal, eventhough they already agree on certain price through email and text. He end up flying back empty handed because he didn't cave in to their greediness

·
Registered
115 Posts
Be careful when dealing with far away or out of state dealers, my friend closed a deal for the new Rav4 Prime and when he fly over there to pick up and sign the paper, they ask him to pay 5k more or no deal, eventhough they already agree on certain price through email and text. He end up flying back empty handed because he didn't cave in to their greediness
What a shady dealership. They should be reported.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Name them.

401 - 418 of 418 Posts