421 - 440 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trim: XSE
FWD or AWD: FWD
Price Paid (base + destination): 42,825 + 1,215
Price Paid (out of the door): 46,824: 44,190 + 1,829 Addons + 225 doc Fee + TTL
Add-ons (if any): SE Toyota Distributor Options (aka no additional dealer): ToyotaGuard Platinum, Hood & Door Paint Protection, All Weather floor mats, Phone cable package 😡
Exterior Color: White
Interior Color: Dark Gray
Date Purchased: 07/15
State and region: NC

Originally on wait list in early march, allocation in early june, arrival mid-July. I did comprise based on what they were seeing both on color (wanted silver) and package (wanted plus). By taking white and not plus, I jumped forward in line by 3 slots.

I had a few dealers in SC offering a similar setup. These were off the beaten path, more minimal advertising and their lists were mainly XLE's and LE's.

·
Registered
2022 XLE 8
172 Posts
Trim: XLE 8 FWD
Price Paid (base + destination): 40,585 + 1,215 = 41,800
Price Paid (out of the door): 41,800 + pkg/opt (3,790 + 425 + 75) + accessories (420) + ToyotaCare 5y/55K service plan (825) + dealer doc fee (799) + dealer markup (2,000) + tax
Add-ons (if any): dealer markup (2,000)
Exterior Color: Red
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: 7/17/22
State and region: VA/Mid-Atlantic

Allocation: 5/5/22
Build date: 6/15/22 (was 5/31)
Dealer delivery: 7/12/22 (order window pushed back twice)

Deadline was our 2004 Sienna's emissions expiry date 7/31/22, and the cost to fix was
at least $2,400. So long, Big Red Car as our boys called it, we're going to miss you.

Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
779 Posts
Trim: XLE 8 FWD
Price Paid (base + destination): 40,585 + 1,215 = 41,800
Price Paid (out of the door): 41,800 + pkg/opt (3,790 + 425 + 75) + accessories (420) + ToyotaCare 5y/55K service plan (825) + dealer doc fee (799) + dealer markup (2,000) + tax
Add-ons (if any): dealer markup (2,000)
Exterior Color: Red
Interior Color: Gray
Date Purchased: 7/17/22
State and region: VA/Mid-Atlantic

Allocation: 5/5/22
Build date: 6/15/22 (was 5/31)
Dealer delivery: 7/12/22 (order window pushed back twice)

Deadline was our 2004 Sienna's emissions expiry date 7/31/22, and the cost to fix was
at least $2,400. So long, Big Red Car as our boys called it, we're going to miss you.

View attachment 57361
Congrats.

I do prefer front of the 2nd gen... less area for bugs splatter and blood on highway road trips.
Plus shorter nose so easier to park and more room inside.

BUT latest gen is hybrid so we're enjoying 36+ MPG.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I feel like I'm getting a pretty average amount of screwing on my deal:
Platinum AWD with no spare 51,485
Inverter 300
Entertainment 1,415
Color (red) 425
All-Weather Floor mats 220
Quick Charge Cable (the one I'm most grumpy about, but in the end, immaterial) 70
Protection Package 423
Wireless Headphones (also a bit grumpy) 100
Destination 1215

Total MSRP 55,653
BS Dealer Package (essentially paintless dent repair and 2 more oil changes after ToyotaCare is up) - 1,877
BS Doc Fee 499

Out the door ex tax: $58,029

Getting it sometime in mid-late June
FYI - Finally took delivery on Saturday 7/16/2022. I had put in my deposit on March 28th. Didn't end up doing a trade as I got $3k more for our '11 Sienna private party (and in my state of Missouri, there is no sales tax benefit of trading).

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did you get the ottomans?
Yes. That said, we had them on our '11 too and they were used a total of 2 times in 11.5 years. Granted, much of that was the car seat stage of our kids' lives, so we'll see if they get used any more this time around.

Reactions: Curt_

·
Registered
2022 XLE 8
172 Posts
Congrats.

I do prefer front of the 2nd gen... less area for bugs splatter and blood on highway road trips.
Plus shorter nose so easier to park and more room inside.

BUT latest gen is hybrid so we're enjoying 36+ MPG.
On the drive home on the highway, I instinctively reached for the cruise control paddle.

Yeah, I miss the slant nose too, not to mention the larger sideview mirrors and the better view out the back. Oh, well.
congrats starlightmica. red looks gorgeous on that XLE. i’m hoping once allocation hits for me it’s either red blueprint or windchill pearl white.
It's dazzling. Stepping into the garage - what the heck is that shiny thing? Wife wanted another red car, this will be her 4th.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Trying to figure out how bad I want to get screwed on a long awaited search ....

Almost embarrassed to admit im looking at this...

Limited asking price...

68,900 ”market price”
1,200. Add ons
----------------------------

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
How are you going to feel in a couple years when the resale value potentially drops $15-20K, possibly more? and you've way overpaid? I don't need this (possibly any) vehicle that badly so plan to wait it out. Maybe Toyota will also be able to bring materials/quality issues and reliability back up to their historic standard when supply constraints improve.

·
Registered
883 Posts
How are you going to feel in a couple years when the resale value potentially drops $15-20K, possibly more? and you've way overpaid? I don't need this (possibly any) vehicle that badly so plan to wait it out. Maybe Toyota will also be able to bring materials/quality issues and reliability back up to their historic standard when supply constraints improve.
Yes a lot of people are going to be upside down when this crazy market stabilizes.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yes a lot of people are going to be upside down when this crazy market stabilizes.
Sounds like an episode of Stranger Things.

In our area there are less transactions, i.e. sales, happening now but prices have yet to come down in any meaningful manner. So actually more inventory now on used cars.

The dealerships are trying to hold onto the used car premium but at some point they are going to have to give in.

·
Registered
2022 XLE 8
172 Posts
The prices of recent used 3rd gen Siennas are still holding way up, many of them close to MSRP. If prices return to pre-pandemic levels, recent used buyers are also in a world of hurt.

Manufacturers & dealers don't want to go back, we'll see if they can't help themselves. Chrysler Pacifica production is back up and local prices (via Truecar) dipped to $500-ish below MSRP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m with you man. There’s is no way in hell I’m paying that much over for a friggin sienna. It’s a nice van and I like them but these things are far from luxury quality vehicles. The only reason I even look at these vans is for that hybrid mpg and frankly when you go and pay 5k or more plus dealer fees every single dollar I would have saved on gas in the next 10 years just completely evaporated in the up front cost of the vehicle. I don’t care how many pictures you post of that last “44 mpg road trip” you took… when you paid 52K+ or more for what should have been a 42K OTD van you boned yourself.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m with you man. There’s is no way in hell I’m paying that much over for a friggin sienna. It’s a nice van and I like them but these things are far from luxury quality vehicles. The only reason I even look at these vans is for that hybrid mpg and frankly when you go and pay 5k or more plus dealer fees every single dollar I would have saved on gas in the next 10 years just completely evaporated in the up front cost of the vehicle. I don’t care how many pictures you post of that last “44 mpg road trip” you took… when you paid 52K+ or more for what should have been a 42K OTD van you boned yourself.
Thank you, yes...

Im driving a 2006 Limited with 150k miles in excellent condition, and got a case of "the wants" pretty bad, thinking 16 year old van and long road trips i'm pushing it..

The quality of materials as said has suffered and the other mentioned issues of over-paying is rediculous...

Thanks for feedback, much appreciated..
//

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I placed an order in March and so far no allocations - I emailed my dealer recently to ask where my place in line is and he replied this way - >

The way ordering works is complicated. Your place in line does not always reflect which order will be filled first. The majority of the orders are filled strictly on what Toyota's manufacturing process can produce, and what parts or chips are available. Unfortunately, we're at the mercy of Toyota to get your order filled.

I see a lot of people knowing exactly where they stand in terms of how many people are ahead of them.. so am confused.. Thoughts?

·
Registered
144 Posts
How specific was your "order?" It really seems like my dealer was getting a lot of Limiteds and Platinums more so than the lower trims. Your dealer could just mean that the line has a bunch of sub-lines, so where you are in the overall line my not really be that relevant. Just a theory - no clue if that's your real situation.

I know my dealer never told me where I was in line, just whether or not what they were being allocated was close to what I had told them I wanted.

421 - 440 of 488 Posts