Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
441 - 460 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I see a lot of people knowing exactly where they stand in terms of how many people are ahead of them.. so am confused.. Thoughts
Both can be true at once. Dealer can tell you you’re 32nd in line and still get a van for the person 47th in line sooner just bc they happen to have asked for a trim and options combination that the factory was able to build and deliver faster than the trim and options combo you asked for

·
Registered
2 Posts
[
Trim: Limited
FWD or AWD: FWD
Price Paid (base + destination): $49,165.
Price Paid (out of the door): $53,857
Add-ons (if any): Ordered: Toyoguard, Dashcam, Full hood protection, Floor mats, Mudguards, Not ordered: Security Etch $595
Exterior Color: Wind Chill Pearl
Interior Color: Ash
Date Purchased: 7/13/22
State and region: Georgia, Northeast

·
Registered
84 Posts
[
Add-ons (if any): Ordered: Toyoguard, Dashcam, Full hood protection, Floor mats, Mudguards, Not ordered: Security Etch $595
Man ive been looking for limited long time...
Good buy!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
[
Can you share who dealership was?
Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes a lot of people are going to be upside down when this crazy market stabilizes.
People buying a brand new Sienna may be in a financial position to purchase these large items. Interest rates are still relatively low. A lot of these buyers are not selling in 2-4 years rather maybe 10-15 years and at that point it does not really matter if they bought it at $2,000-$5,000 more than listed MSRP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting fact...

I'm now getting MANY ads showing me "Used" Sienna's for sale in my area (Houston, TX).

These "Used" Sienna's are 2022 with 3k or less miles being listed at 50-56k for 33-39k window sticker prices.

I'm not sure and have no idea, but I feel there are people with a lot more money than me that are going to dealerships and offering like 5k over sticker price to get shoved to the front of the line and they immediately sell them for 10-20k more simply due to scarcity.

Am I being paranoid conspiracy theory guy? I've been waiting 7 months now and am starting to get dejected that I'm in a no win situation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting fact...

I'm now getting MANY ads showing me "Used" Sienna's for sale in my area (Houston, TX).

These "Used" Sienna's are 2022 with 3k or less miles being listed at 50-56k for 33-39k window sticker prices.

I'm not sure and have no idea, but I feel there are people with a lot more money than me that are going to dealerships and offering like 5k over sticker price to get shoved to the front of the line and they immediately sell them for 10-20k more simply due to scarcity.

Am I being paranoid conspiracy theory guy? I've been waiting 7 months now and am starting to get dejected that I'm in a no win situation.
That is exactly what is happening. The car market is as capitalist as it gets... they will ask for every penny they can get, so all these higher-than-new used car prices are proof that people are for whatever reason willing to pay.

Until this stops, we're not going to be able to buy at MSRP

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quick update from me and relevant to those waiting on Siennas from Longo Toyota.

Apparently Longo received no new Siennas in July so all waiting lists made no movement. They are expecting this to pick up next month. So it looks more likely we'll get the car closer to the end of the year for a 2023 model.

I was surprised by this as Longo is the biggest volume dealer in the country; for them not to get a single van is not a good look for the 1000+ people (me included) still waiting for one. I hope to have some better news to share in a few months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like my dealer in Nebraska. They sell at MSRP + $300, but there is a long waiting list. Ordered in November 2021, and expect to pick it up in 4 weeks or so, August 2022. It's worth the wait to do business with a fair dealer.

My favorite color is silver and my wife wants gray mica. Lucky for me, a silver one was offered first!😃

They even gave me a temporary Vin number. 5TDKSKFC7NS25B087. I keep checking to see if that temporary VIN number is changed to a permanent one, but it hasn't happened yet, so I guess it has not yet been built. Is that true?

·
Registered
43 Posts
They even gave me a temporary Vin number. 5TDKSKFC7NS25B087. I keep checking to see if that temporary VIN number is changed to a permanent one, but it hasn't happened yet, so I guess it has not yet been built. Is that true?
That's correct. Once it gets built the temporary VIN goes away and the vehicle gets assigned a permanent VIN, which you can get from your dealer. Your sales person should be able to supply you with that along with the expected timeline for delivery to the lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Longo said there are more than 1000 people in waiting list, but i am not clear if 1000 for the whole US or just their dealer, it is pretty crazy if 1000 people waiting for Longo alone LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had to wait about 3 months for this car. 3/28 deposit, 6/2 allocation, at dealership 7/18, picked up 7/23

FWD or AWD: AWD
Price Paid (base + destination): $53,608 + 299 Doc fees
Price Paid (out of the door): TBD, Nebraska sales tax and plates at DMV, Roughly $4000 in tax, and $1000 for plates.
Add-ons (if any): RES, 1500W inverter, Spare tire, Rear bumper applique, Illuminated door sills, Mudguards, extra pair of headphones, All-weather floor lines, Quick charge cable
Interior Color: Graphite Leather
Date Purchased: 7/23/22
State and region: Nebraska, Baxter
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
4 Posts
We had to wait about 3 months for this car. 3/28 deposit, 6/2 allocation, at dealership 7/18, picked up 7/23

FWD or AWD: AWD
Price Paid (base + destination): $53,608 + 299 Doc fees
Price Paid (out of the door): TBD, Nebraska sales tax and plates at DMV, Roughly $4000 in tax, and $1000 for plates.
Add-ons (if any): RES, 1500W inverter, Spare tire, Rear bumper applique, Illuminated door sills, Mudguards, extra pair of headphones, All-weather floor lines, Quick charge cable
Interior Color: Graphite Leather
Date Purchased: 7/23/22
State and region: Nebraska, Baxter View attachment 57576
View attachment 57575
Im so jealous. I've been on the waiting list at the same dealership since November, but I want an LE to save money. Congratulations!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The middle row of seats in the 8 passenger van look like captains chairs with a small seat connecting them. Are those 2 captains seats as comfortable as the ones in the 7 passenger van?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Im so jealous. I've been on the waiting list at the same dealership since November, but I want an LE to save money. Congratulations!
$1000 for plates? Really?

This new auto market is probably marking the end of the new car salesman I believe.

What do they need them for?

Can you imagine trying to make a living so in new cars?

441 - 460 of 488 Posts