Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
581 - 600 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's a few more data points from Southern California:

Dealer 1
All models $10k over MSRP. Had an allocation of an XLE with plus package. After light negotiation, they countered at $8k over. We told them we'd think about it.

Dealer 2
Had both a Limited and an XLE at $5900 over MSRP. We told them we'd take the Limited. They informed us that they only take deals if you have a trade in. We didn't have one, so they moved on to someone else.

Dealer 3
All models $10k over MSRP. They texted me about an allocation of an XLE this morning. I text back a few hours later asking for the spec sheet with the add-ons. He told me it was already sold by then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trim: Limited
FWD or AWD: AWD
Delivery Processing and Handling: $1,215
Price Paid (base + destination): $50,740
Add-ons: Entertainment package, 1500W inverter, all weather floor liners, cross bars, rear bumper applique, illuminated door sills, mudguards, wheel locks ($3,088)
Mark-up: $6,995
Price Paid (out of the door): $66,403

Exterior Color: Wind Chill Pearl
Interior Color: Graphite leather
Date Purchased: 09/12/22
State and region: Southern California

I've been calling around to different dealers since around 2 months ago. Apparently someone reserved this car about 5 months ago and decided they don't want to/can't buy it anymore once the car arrived, so this dealer called me and said that they have a Limited on their lot, which is a rare thing these days. We know there's a mark up but we decided to check it out since we can actually see and test drive the trim that we want and it was only about 1hr15min drive away from us. We ended up buying it off the lot after checking it out in person and test driving it. The dealer at least was up front with the mark up as well; there are other dealers out there that don't tell me when I ask, not even the range, they keep saying they can't tell me because the car isn't there yet, etc... The mark up is not ideal but a lot of other dealers have ~$10k mark up or even higher especially on the higher trims and we have to reserve or pre-contract the car. The dealers that have no markup or low markup has a long wait list or no inventory.

·
Registered
2021 Blueprint Sienna Platinum AWD “The Cruising Vessel”
72 Posts
I received an update today that my Platinum was finally allocated, so I think they must have gone through the allocation process just now.

The only downside: no digital mirror, entertainment package or inverter.
I got the 2021 AWD Platinum. I didn’t get the digital mirror, entertainment package or inverter either, and I don’t miss them. I’m glad I have the extra $2000 in my bank instead! My grandkids each have their own iPad so they don’t need the entertainment package anyways. I had the inverter plug on my old 4Runner and I think I used it like twice in 18 years so I can definitely live without that too! If you really want a digital mirror you can get an after market one easily.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Trim: Limited
FWD or AWD: AWD
Delivery Processing and Handling: $1,215
Price Paid (base + destination): $50,740
Add-ons: Entertainment package, 1500W inverter, all weather floor liners, cross bars, rear bumper applique, illuminated door sills, mudguards, wheel locks ($3,088)
Mark-up: $6,995
Price Paid (out of the door): $66,403

Exterior Color: Wind Chill Pearl
Interior Color: Graphite leather
Date Purchased: 09/12/22
State and region: Southern California

I've been calling around to different dealers since around 2 months ago. Apparently someone reserved this car about 5 months ago and decided they don't want to/can't buy it anymore once the car arrived, so this dealer called me and said that they have a Limited on their lot, which is a rare thing these days. We know there's a mark up but we decided to check it out since we can actually see and test drive the trim that we want and it was only about 1hr15min drive away from us. We ended up buying it off the lot after checking it out in person and test driving it. The dealer at least was up front with the mark up as well; there are other dealers out there that don't tell me when I ask, not even the range, they keep saying they can't tell me because the car isn't there yet, etc... The mark up is not ideal but a lot of other dealers have ~$10k mark up or even higher especially on the higher trims and we have to reserve or pre-contract the car. The dealers that have no markup or low markup has a long wait list or no inventory.
Very good. Been looking for Limited for 6 months. Pretty much have accepted that is about what I'm going to pay..

How do you like?

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
925 Posts
I guess until you folks with extra money stop paying $5-6K over MSRP, we're not going to see much of a difference. Not hating the player though, just hating the game
It will eventually turn but yeah people paying over MSRP doesn't help BUT if you need a vehicle then pretty much have to pay MSRP or over in some areas.

We as consumers need to remember which dealerships were gouging customers and hence take our business elsewhere.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It will eventually turn but yeah people paying over MSRP doesn't help BUT if you need a vehicle then pretty much have to pay MSRP or over in some areas.

We as consumers need to remember which dealerships were gouging customers and hence take our business elsewhere.
Only it doesn't matter if we remember or not... these same dealers who are taking advantage of consumers with $10k+ markup will turn around and offer 10-15% less than msrp in a different time, and consumers will purchase the cars from them anyway.

I hate the markups bc I like to think I'm an informed consumer, but I also recognize that this is the game (economy) that we're in. I'm just choosing to not support the game by being more patient and spending more time to find dealers who don't have markups. Admittedly, I'm still supporting a dealer that is charging me $1300 in useless add-ons for my incoming sienna xse.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Only it doesn't matter if we remember or not... these same dealers who are taking advantage of consumers with $10k+ markup will turn around and offer 10-15% less than msrp in a different time, and consumers will purchase the cars from them anyway.

I hate the markups bc I like to think I'm an informed consumer, but I also recognize that this is the game (economy) that we're in. I'm just choosing to not support the game by being more patient and spending more time to find dealers who don't have markups. Admittedly, I'm still supporting a dealer that is charging me $1300 in useless add-ons for my incoming sienna xse.
When we bought at MSRP there were other dealers asking for more or insisting on lease. Won't forget them.

I'll never go back to these dealerships and won't even get a quote from so it does not matter what they're selling at.

The ones selling at MSRP now will more then likely be as competitive if not more when prices back to normal.

I've put off other manufacturers and other products [non auto] because I like to speak with my wallet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you guys seeing allocations\ deliveries in September ? Just trying to figure if trend is upwards or if situation is still bad. Last I heard from dealership was a month ago about allocation, but no update since.
I started looking a couple weeks ago and have had several calls about allocations. I assume the sales reps go through all the fresh leads first to see if they can find any takers at the $10K+ markups before moving on to people who have already balked at those prices.

·
Registered
46 Posts
wow pretty awesome your wait was only 4 months!
How’s the interior noise? Thats my biggest worry. I listen to these YouTube POV videos - and that engine drone seems so intrusive.
I'm not accustomed to quiet cars but have heard the same critiques you have after doing months of research and review reading.

I've been driving like a grandma now that I see the eco feedback and have only this past weekend of driving it with 4 adults and 2 kids. Around town mostly. While I can hear (drivers side window/left ear) what could be described as an underpowered sound, I wouldn't say it's been loud inside.

I'm extremely happy so far.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not accustomed to quiet cars but have heard the same critiques you have after doing months of research and review reading.

I've been driving like a grandma now that I see the eco feedback and have only this past weekend of driving it with 4 adults and 2 kids. Around town mostly. While I can hear (drivers side window/left ear) what could be described as an underpowered sound, I wouldn't say it's been loud inside.

I'm extremely happy so far.
I have to echo that sentiment. I have driven very gingerly with it to take full advantage of the better gas mileage that is possible.

Was a bit late yesterday and drove it more like the suv we had before and it I could tell, still it wasn't super loud. It is really up to the person behind the wheel in a big way. Now it isn't very hilly here in NJ where I am at so that is working in my favour.
Let a friend borrow it and he did take it easy since we are still in the break in period (fairly aggressive driver), they did say it was hard to tell when the motor VS battery was powering the wheels as far as the noise goes.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to echo that sentiment. I have driven very gingerly with it to take full advantage of the better gas mileage that is possible.

Was a bit late yesterday and drove it more like the suv we had before and it I could tell, still it wasn't super loud. It is really up to the person behind the wheel in a big way. Now it isn't very hilly here in NJ where I am at so that is working in my favour.
Let a friend borrow it and he did take it easy since we are still in the break in period (fairly aggressive driver), they did say it was hard to tell when the motor VS battery was powering the wheels as far as the noise goes.

My 2 cents.
If you dont mind, which dealership in NJ did you work with for your purchase? I am in the market for Sienna as well. A family of 3 kids and growing =)

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you dont mind, which dealership in NJ did you work with for your purchase? I am in the market for Sienna as well. A family of 3 kids and growing =)

Did not buy it from a NJ dealership, worked with a Maryland dealership and had it shipped here. I fell under family and friends program so my experience was not the norm. I did find that markups website someone posted earlier in this thread very informative. Think there were two in the state that didn't ask for over Msrp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just paid $7K over MSRP for a XLE with Plus package in Orange County, CA. Leasing for 36 months with no trade in. Car scheduled for delivery first week of October.

Have been shopping around for a few weeks. Most places don't have any stock, the ones that do typically open the negotiation at $10K over MSRP. We just had our third kid two days ago. Agreed to purchase the XLE over the phone from the delivery room.

If you don't need a third row right away, I'd recommend just waiting it out for another 6-12 months. For me, I'm content to get it over with. But that's why I'm DumbMoney.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just paid $7K over MSRP for a XLE with Plus package in Orange County, CA. Leasing for 36 months with no trade in. Car scheduled for delivery first week of October.

Have been shopping around for a few weeks. Most places don't have any stock, the ones that do typically open the negotiation at $10K over MSRP. We just had our third kid two days ago. Agreed to purchase the XLE over the phone from the delivery room.

If you don't need a third row right away, I'd recommend just waiting it out for another 6-12 months. For me, I'm content to get it over with. But that's why I'm DumbMoney.
Congrats on your third kid! 7k markup is harsh, but this market is tough for everyone looking for a Sienna right now. Especially here in Los Angeles area, the markups are insane. As long as your happy with the vehicle though! Congrats! Which dealership did you purchase from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I booked 2022 xle awd last week with 3k markup. Red color and $500 of usefull accessories. So it was like 45k + markup. The dealer wanted 7k but negotiated and they went down to 3k. Had to make the decision in 15 minutes. Im in PA. The dealer is in NJ- hour and half away. I placed 1k deposit over credit card. They said should be able to pick it up by first or second week oct. maybe sooner. Fingers crossed. Have been looking since june. The dealers near me arent even taking reservations. One dealer in maryland wanted 7k markup with 3-6 months wait.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I booked 2022 xle awd last week with 3k markup. Red color and $500 of usefull accessories. So it was like 45k + markup. The dealer wanted 7k but negotiated and they went down to 3k. Had to make the decision in 15 minutes. Im in PA. The dealer is in NJ- hour and half away. I placed 1k deposit over credit card. They said should be able to pick it up by first or second week oct. maybe sooner. Fingers crossed. Have been looking since june. The dealers near me arent even taking reservations. One dealer in maryland wanted 7k markup with 3-6 months wait.
Wonder if that will become a 2023 possibly?

581 - 600 of 618 Posts